Old 07-20-2007, 12:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/163/130

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Tea Suggestions?

I've come to find out that I need to cut out coffee. I know, I know, coffee is VERY low in calories. But the amount of fru-fru flavored creamer (3-4 Tbsp) I have to add in order to make it yummy enough to enjoy it sucks up to 190 cals out of my allowance. Pewpy.

So, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on any teas (Brand names appreciated) that are yummy and sweet on their own and might even aid in weight loss. Please bear in mind I'll probably only consume one 8 oz. mug in the morning.

Thanks in advance!!!
lilmizzc00kie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Earth Tea (original not the green) has cinnamon and cloves in it, so it tastes sweet and you can get it regular or caffeine free. It's really good hot or iced.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:48 AM   #3  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Licorice tea is perfect for helping a sweet tooth. If I am trying not to eat sweets I will drink that to help assuage the need. It works most of the time, Stash is the brand I go for most of the time but I am sure most are good.
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

Stash brand green tea is my favorite in the morning (it has caffeine!)
I drink plain old Lipton tea in the middle of the day.
In the evening I drink herbal teas because they are decaffeinated. I am fond of the Wildberry Zinger at this point. Forgot the brand name, but they are widely available!
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

A second for licorice tea -- I love the Yogi brand!

Trader Joe's also makes a chocolate tea too (no calories! I think the flavor comes from leaves)
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Teas don't really help with weight loss, I just wanted to make that clear.

Tea does, however, contain tons of antioxidants.

My favorite ones right now are from Bigelow, you can get them at most local grocery stores, Wal-Marts, etc.

They have some nice flavors like Vanilla Almond, Vanilla Caramel, etc. I drink a cup hot either plain, or with a packet of Splenda. *yum*
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:57 AM   #7  

If you like Chai tea, a company called Yogi (it's an organic tea company) makes an amazing tasting organic black Chai tea. It's not the premixed kind. It's just tea bags. All you need is a drop of cream and a bit of sweetner, and you'll have a delicious treat.

Also, if you don't want to give up on coffee, why not try gradually reducing your creamer? Many, many years ago, I couldn't imagine drinking coffee w/out sugar. I gradually reduced the sugar in my coffee and eventually eliminated it altogether. Now, I can't stand the taste of sugar in my coffee.
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

For naturally sweet teas:

Stash Blueberry herbal
Market spice tea (this is a local Seattle tea, hopefully you can order it on the internet, it is naturally very sweet, no calories)

I found some for sale online here (first place I found it):
http://www.bluemoontea.com/teas.htm

They are all good, but orange cinnamon (market spice) is particularly sweet. I also really like raspberry and huckleberry.

They don't directly assist in weight loss, but they are a calorie free, good tasting drink!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

When I went to Europe I fell in love with Vanilla Tea. I took 4 packets everyday from the breakfast buffet so I have a nice little stash

I came back to America and they sell the same brand. I will totally buy it when I run out!

Other than vanilla i also enjoy pumpkin spice tea, green tea, sugar cookie tea (only available at christams), and other flavored teas
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I personally love Chai tea but unfortunately, so many tea companies put too much cinnamon in it.

Some teas I'd recommend -
Bigelow Mint Medley - Mint tea is refreshing and good for stomach issues

Twinnings Lady Grey (or Earl Grey) - I think it has a nice flavor for a black tea
Jasmine tea - I love jasmine tea, doesn't really matter what brand although each have their own uniqueness

Celestial Seasonings Morning Thunder - Caffeine punch, similar to coffee but I think a much better taste than coffee. You can also go for CS Roastaroma, similar flavor, no caffeine.

Bigelow Green tea with lemon and another brand I can't remember has a good Green tea with lemon. I really like the combination.

Some general brands I'd recommend -
Yogi Tea
Bigelow tea
Celestial Seasonings (for herbal blends)
Twinnings
Stash
Lipton (for Iced tea)

I drink all my tea plain and I love tea although I drink more iced tea than hot tea.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/163/130

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thank you all so much for your input!!! I went to the store and bought a box of Bigelow Green Tea with peach (I love peach tea so this will probably please me). I also bought a sampler box of Bigelow. The first one I tried this morning out of all that I bought was Bigelow Fruit & Almond. OMG!!! I'm in love! =)
lilmizzc00kie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #12  

Thumbs up Cream Earl Grey Tea

I found a great Rooibos tea called provence. The rooibos has a natural sweetness and this one has lavender. From what I read about it the Rooibos also has iron, calcium and other vitamins and is caffeine free. I usually buy my Rooibos here: http://www.tealaden.com/teaweb/rooibos.htm
kelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #13  

i would suggest the lady orchid oolong tea. you can try some from http://www.teacuppa.com/Lady-Orchid-Oolong-Tea.asp

the tea is sweet by itself. alternatively, ginseng oolong also would help.
http://www.teacuppa.com/Ginseng-Oolong-Tea.asp
suegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:13 PM   #14  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

I second good earth - sooooo YUMMY!!!! The chocolate tea from trader joes didn't do anything for me.

also - have you tried the sugar free creamers for coffee - also there are sugar free syrups (at Starbucks I get the sugar free vanilla) (7-11 I found out the other day has even more sugar free options).
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:39 PM   #15  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

I love all kinds of tea but my very favorite one that I have a least three cups a day is Chai tea.

I also won't give up my coffee.

I have found that using sugar free syrups like DaVincis and fat free half and half have solved my creamer problems. Might want to give that a try.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote