Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
ladyinweighting

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Lynn - A GOLDEN GIRL

Hi Everyone, I'm 62 years old & have been worried about my weight since I was around 22. I'm a retired educator. I never taught in a K-12 setting, but I did just about everything else in education. I taught adults to read, do math, get ready to pass the GED tests, and speak English. I taught college students to become teachers and administrators. I developed educational assessments and curriculum. I did educational research. Right now, I teach online courses for the University of Phoenix. The courses last 4-6 weeks & I take a 2-6 week break in between.

I live in East/Central PA - about 5 minutes from where George Washington crossed the Delaware River into Trenton, NJ. I have a wonderful daughter (don't we all think our daughters are wonderful?) and son-in-law who own a B&B in New Hope, PA. I have a thirteen year-old calico fat cat (Princess Di - 18 lbs) who allows me to live with her. And, I have lots of dear friends including the WONDER-FULL Golden Girls who post on this board. I also have a fourteen-year-old Little Sister (I'm in the Big-Sisters/Big-Brothers program) named Luzivon Rosales who keeps me young.

My DH, Donald, died last year (June-29) after a two-year illness following a stroke. We had been together for 25 years before his stroke, but didn't get married until after the stroke. We realized that he could not live alone after the stroke, so I retired to take care of him. At that time, I was the Director of Graduate Programs at a small private college in Bucks County, PA.

I like scrapbooking, card-making, trying new recipes, horsebackriding, going to movies/theater/museums/ballets, travelling, going to the gym, walking, reading, listening to books on CD's and spending time with my friends.
I usually travel with my DD and SIL and sometimes with my sister, Connie. I've been to just about every state, Ireland, Mexico, Italy, Greece, Canada, and France. My dd and I are planning for a trip to England this Fall.

My attempts at weight loss have included - Weight Watchers, Atkins, Sugar-Busters, 3-hr-diet, and about a zillion others. I no longer have a choice of diets. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in March of 06. I now eat a VERY low-carb (around 1,000 Calorie) diet and am losing steadily - but slowly.

I welcome everyone to join our Golden Girls thread - and our monthly Challenge thread. We have a VERY supportive group of women who really help each other along this weight-loss journey.

Lynn

PS - Below are some photos of me (the one on the boardwalk is with my dd, Kathy, the one in front of the doors is with my niece, Carly) & I also included one of my cat, Princess Di.

Last edited by ladyinweighting : 04-07-2008 at 07:34 PM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote