Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-15-2007, 07:24 PM   #1  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Default You HAVE to try this

So, I have a 4 year old. She's riding a bike with training wheels and normally I would run after her down the street yelling for her to slow down so I could walk near her and keep an eye on her.
Yesterday in a Salvation Army store, I found a pair of white roller skates, just like the kind I used to LIVE in when i was a kid. I cleaned them up, got some new laces and skated with her today as she rode. We laughed and had so much fun...and it was AMAZING exercise. I highly recommend trying skates.*

*I'm sure rollerblades are good too, but I could never get the hang of it even though I ice skate and ski...it's the breaks on the back thing, I think
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Sounds like fun! I've been trying to find some rollerblades at a yard sale recently. I think my dog and I would have great fun rollerblading together instead of just walking.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I love roller skating. I don't live anywhere that i could roller skate, and i wish i could afford to go to the rink once a week but that gets expensive. Glad you found something that works for you and was fun though. Keep up the good work!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:53 AM   #4  
hara hachi bu

I roller skate (indoors) about once a week. I justify the cost ($6) because I wouldn't think twice about meeting a friend after work once a week for a cocktail, which would be about the same if not more.

*Be careful* when you roller skate outdoors. Most skate wheels were designed to be used on smooth indoor rinks. The problem with quad skates (instead of inline ones) is that you are more likely to fall if you hit a rock, because more surface area is covered by the wheels. If you look at the front of roller skates, you have two wide wheels and a space, allowing all kinds of ruckus to happen if you hit a rock, twig, or bump in pavement. If you look at the front of roller blades, you have thin wheels that taper towards the ground, which allows for rocks to get nudged out of the way.

I'd recommend buying outdoor wheels, if you can. Also, grab some protective gear for your wrists and head.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #5  

Default I loooooved to skate when I was little...

This was my Saturday night thing. Ok...so it is safe for me to skate at 274?? There is a rink in my town and I know it is a fantastic way to burn calories...I jus thought I was to heavy for the wheels?
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #6  
hara hachi bu

Skinny4baby, I think you'd be fine! I've seen all shapes and sizes of both men and women skating.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:51 PM   #7  
wheretostart?

S/C/G: 300/300/180

Height: 5'4"

I am just curious how you are losing all of your weight, I am new to the sight and just getting started, I am going grocery shopping on my way home and I want to only take in the "good" stuff and try to get rid of the "bad" stuff....any suggestions?????
monie6568 is offline   Reply With Quote