Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back In Kindergarten #27

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Please pull up a chair and join us!

Old 07-16-2007, 02:07 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Good Monday, ladies

SUSAN...did you make it to the beach? I can only dream of going to the beach. I think that was the best part of living in CA, or one of the best parts. I really miss the ocean, jealous right now, lol. V said Hi to you too! WTG on the pound gone! You are doing awesome! Hoping to get some inspiration from you. WTG also on the shorts, woohoo!

SUE...WTG on getting back with your bike riding. Would love to open the windows...it's been too hot here. Was wondering when we would be having summer, well, it's here. Supposed to be 94 today and muggy, and it is! Hey, a woman can never have too many clothes!

Went to the pool this morning, hoping to start the day off with a relaxing, cool morning. There were signs up there saying the pool was closed, ugh! Finally get a key and can't even go swimming, lol. Have to wait until Wednesday. Supposedly there is a leak and is going to take today and tomorrow. So, got in a 2 mile walk, yippee, and ran to Lowes to find a butterfly bush. Wanted something to cover this electrical box in the back yard. Want to get a couple of things done in the yard today since tomorrow morning at 9 we are scheduled to get sod, yippee! Finally! Then we can finish off the fence and sit back and enjoy. Okay, well, not yet. Stull have the pergola to finish then we are done with the yard.

WI today and not so good. Since V was home for that week I've not done well at all. I am up 4.5 pounds, ugh! Glad I am getting back on track. I want to be down at least 20 pounds before the wedding in Sept. if we go. I say if we go because Josh could possibly be coming home and he comes before V's nephew, just the way it is. Unless of course he would want to go. We'll see what happens. But that is my goal starting today. Anywho...

Hiya SASSY, JULES, KATY & MICHELLE Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Hi Cristina!!

I will *probably* go to the beach next week and *probably* take another 2 weeks off in order for the Nexium. Maybe, probably. Not sure , really. lol My ex has a relative that has 2 condos on the beach. They are rented out until next Monday - after that I can go and use one.

Camp is next week for my work. I went last year but I will take the girls oly for visitors day this year.

Ok, V needs to go back to work!

I just wanted to say hi. It is hOT here and I can't stand it. Suppose to be cooler tomorrow.

chat in the morning!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Dragged my butt to the computer to say hello!!!!

Hello!!!

I also wanted to change my ticker!! Walking on cloud 9 with 183! Soooo close to 170's and my goal, can't wait!!! woo hoo

I am going to fix my shake and 1 scrambled egg for breakfast.

Took Gab to speech and she has to have her palete (sp) checked out. It might not have developed in her *forming womb* time. lol .....she might need to get scoped.

k- that is my update!!
Old 07-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Hi ya Susan! That would be so cool to have a friend who has a condo to hide out for a while, and especially on the beach...so jealous. to being at 183! I am very happy for you and proud of you! And...you are inspiring me to get off my arse and get back on track, so thank you for that! Hoping you and Gaby are staying cool, or trying to.

Where is everyone? Pretty quiet around here...HI SASSY, SUE, KATY, JULES & MICHELLE! Hoping all is well with you ladies.

It is hot here as well and I just spent almost 3 hours at the pool! Yikes! Hope I didn't burn...don't think I did. Me and daughter spend an hour floating on our stomach and then get out and lay an hour on our back to get an even tan, lol. We ended up staying an extra hour (don't usually stay more than 2 hours, one hour on each side) chatting with a neighbor. Her little girl was sooo very cute. Anywho...

I weighed Monday and decided then that I was going to weigh everyday to see how my weight flucuates, why? I don't know. So Tuesday I was down 1 pound from Monday. Today, I am down 2 pounds from yesterday. Curious to see what I am at tomorrow. Not really counting any of this until Monday...hopefully it sticks. Funny how much it flucuates.

Went for my walk again at the park. Went a little earlier this morning since I knew it was going to be hotter today. I love that park because I can get in a good walk with walking all the ins and outs and just going around the park once...it's 3 miles! Did that yesterday as well and 2 on Monday. Feeling really good too!

That's about all I have for now. Have a good day ladies!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Hi Cristina!

Don't know where all the ladies are hanging out at. I am here though!

I had oatmeal for breakfast and a salmon salad for lunch. I munch on a lot of ice while sipping water. Love chomping on it!

Pretty cool on the swimming! I am not brave enough for that.
I went to Mt Hood yesterday and went to Timberline Lodge. I had never been there and it was great! Took a tour and learned the history. Would love to go back and sit in the lodge all day and read. Very peaceful.......

better get!!

chat later
Old 07-18-2007, 10:52 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi Susan and Cristina- Sounds like you and everyone else is quite busy. I am still pedaling away and trying to make those scales move by Monday. Wish me luck.

Hi to Jules, Katy, Michelle, Sassy, and anyone else who pops in.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies!

SUSAN...sounds like a nice place. But then then you and Katy live in a beautiful state. I would love to live there or in Seattle, just about anywhere except here, lol. I forgot that you are off work...enjoy your time off...you deserve a break! And...love your new avatar, your picture!

SUE...you are doing great with the biking. Even if it doesn't show on the scales, you ARE making a healthier you! But I will wish you luck that those scales move downward for you.

Nuthin much going on with me today. Did the Wally World thing. They have been rearranging that store for the last few weeks now (still not done) and I am kind of lost...don't know where things are. The funny thing is...the store actually looks bigger. Anywho...got gas and my vehicle washed...I hadn't washed my car in ages, or so it seems. We had all that rain so there was no point. Of course it is supposed to rain today and now it will for sure, lol. It's in the garage though. Going to give the inside a good cleaning later on, not done that since leaving AR. Probably should go and make th ebed, lol. Left this morning and didn't make it before leaving. Usually make it once I roll out. Fold some laundry as well and wait for V to get home then off to find a tree somewhere and get my shrub roses and bayberry shrubs (think that is what they are called???) planted around the tree. I can not tell you ladies how nice it is to have sprinklers and grass! Like a little kid with a new toy, lol. Okay, I am outta here for now.

Take care, ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies...

SUSAN...another nice avatar...I think I like this one the best! You must be basking in the sun on the beach. Well, enjoy it for me!

HI SUE, SASSY, MICHELLE, JULES & KATY!

Went for my 3 mile walk this morning at the park. Man, I didn't think I was going to make it around this time. Overslept so didn't get to the park until after 8 and it made a difference. Actually, the thing I pass said the temp was only 77, of course the humidity was high so made for a very sticky, sweaty walk, ick! Nothing else going on, just being lazy today for some reason.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Good Mornng Cristina!

Thanks. The other avatar I wasn't smiling. Rach took it Monday when we went to Timberline Lodge. I would love to go back by myself and just sit in the lodge and read. Did I write this before?? I forget.

I have been tired so haven't made it to the computer much. I am working on my medical leave and need to go in the office for a bit today, I am taking another 2 weeks off.

Have a 1 year old birthday pary to go to Saturday! Twins- Jasmine and Jillian. They are so cute , the ex's grandchildren.

Gab goes tonight w/ her father. I am slated for a *date* (lord, I hate these!!!) tomorrow night with a nice eough guy. Think surfer dude, since we did the tattoo guy last time - haha.

I did get your email Katy! Thanks for the apt info.

Better get my butt in gear!!

HUGS to all.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

oh Cristina! Bravo on the 3 miles!! woo hoo.......I meant to say that. That is really good. I am still trying to lose weight without exercising - lol .....way lazy. love ya!!
Old 07-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Good, Saturday morning Chickies!

HIYA SUSAN! Another two weeks off from work woohoo! Hope you are enjoying it. Little ones birthday parties are so fun, or I think so. Love the twins names...Jillian and Jasmine, so cute! Hey, I think it's good to focus on one thing at a time, so losing weight from eating right is all good. But just remember to get some exercise in at some point. I know that is easier said than done when you are working and running around with the kiddos. I have your article about you walking up those stairs in my scrapbook...such an inspiration to me.

HI to JULES, MICHELLE, SASSY, SUE & KATY!

Another 3 mile walk this morning at the park. Thought if I got there earlier it wouldn't be so bad. The temps are not high, just the 70's, it's the humidty-really high and makes for an icky, sweaty, sticky walk. But then sweat is a good thing, right? Glad to get it out of the way. Going to ride my exercise bike later...need to work on some toning/weights. Well, nothing much going on with me today. Going to get some house cleaning done and my laundry. V is working and I am not sure about DS...when they are home I can't get anything done, lol. Anywho...

Hoping all is well with everyone. Take care ladies and have a great weekend!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Cristina!

Yipppeeeee, get to change my ticker!

I am just too tired to exercise. I did bike at the gym , that was something I could do. I just walk around with my eyes closed...........I also drive with my eyes closed.....lol

Hey! Can you send me back a copy of that article? I don't have a good copy anymore - thanks Wonderful on the 3 miles! Maybe without Gab this weekend I can get some exercise in.

Need to go buy the 1 year olds a present. Children who have everything - their dad is the one with the 2 condos on the coast.

Woke up late - sipping coffee, need to go get some breakfast. Bowed out of my date tonight.I don't have time for that - maybe when my red blood counts get back to normal.............YES!! that is what I told him. haha "Hey baby - can't hook up because my red blood counts are low. Wanna be awake for sex and all............zzzzzzzzzz" lmao -jk

k - gals,,,,,,,,,,come out from where you are hiding!! HUGS to all
Old 07-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #14  
RosieKate

Good Morning!
Sorry I haven't been around much, but the house has been keeping us busy. Many trips to Powells (to sell off books), Goodwill, dump. It's going out as fast as its coming in, lol! The house is looking rather normal now, D is finishing up our walk-in closet today and putting stuff up in the attic. I have some pictures to hang and lots of cleaning to do...we kicked up lots of dust.

I now know why people hate prednisone.....I retained about 3-4 lbs of water, and it kicked in some wicked insomnia. That has messed with my exercise big time...fortunately I have been working hard around the house. I started tapering off yesterday and I did not stay up for hours last night, so it appears the worst is over.

Susan- have fun at the birthday party....too bad about the date, but I'm sure he wouldn't want you falling asleep in your soup...or...er...anywhere else

Sue - sending you some good WI vibes....all that biking is so good for you; keep up the good work!

Hi to everyone else....Miss you Sassy, Jules, Michelle....hope you are all alright....

Cristina - WTG for working out in the humidity...I have a hard time coping with that kind of heat, so I usually just sit around with a fan on. Are you going to post pics of your new yard...it sounds so pretty. Did you ever show pics of your new house? I can't remember, but I love to read about all the stuff you are working on...inspires me to keep plugging away on our place...

Old 07-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Hi Katy! I would love to be working on a house!! You are so lucky. Hope you start feeling better now.

I am just having a lazy Sunday morning. Meant to go to church but didn't make it. My poor excuse has been because I can't get in my skirts but I can wear some nice pants, I guess.

I have had a terrible time with sleep. I usually have been going to bed around 2 or 3 am and waking up around 7 or 8 am. Probably adds to the exhaustion with the anemia - duh. Just don't feel good.

Party was fun! The 1 year olds were adorable and cried when they had to eat their cake, they didn't like it - lol -

k- 6 hours til the Gabster gets home, better make tracks and get some things done!
Closed Thread