Old 07-16-2007, 06:19 AM   #1  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Default Weekly Chat 7/16 - 7/22

Morning all!!

Had a very stressful week and long hours to boot....hopefull thats over and i can get back to posting like i want to.

Made myself some french toast for brekfast along with a sausage, very good and very satisfying. Since the week of my daughters wedding ive been slipping and sliding with my woe. This week im committed to doing better and to start losing again.

I found some great meat bargins yesterday. My groc store had boneless pork loin for 1.99 a pound. Thats half what it normally costs. I got a nice one, had it sliced half in chops and half in roasts. I got a nice chuck roast for the same price. I have chicken thighs marinating in the fridge for tonite. I made a salad for lunch, i will just throw a meat from the cafeteria with it and im good to go. Bought some protein bars and nuts for those days that im at work late, didnt plan on being late and get hungry. Sooooo.....i feel ready for the week!! Wish me luck!!Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Mornin' jaesueray & All! This will be the last time I see 8am for the forseeable future - back to night shift tonight. It's been a great 2 weeks vacation but will spend the day wearing myself out on all the little things I didn't get done around the house that I wanted to. PLUS, I've got to get to the store to stock up for this woe - don't want to fall prey to not having what I need on hand. I've got SF Jello on the list and whipped cream for snack. Anyone got any other ideas? I'm on strict induction.

lilyb - tx for the wb! We put in our garden rather late this year - can't wait for it to make. Yours sounds so bountiful - my mouth was watering for squash after reading, so put that on my shopping list! Did all the pups find good homes?

Weighing in officially tonight at work - hope my all time high doesn't get alltime-higher! lol! Sipping on my first 44oz of water with coffee - dehydrated from Camp-Out Sunburn. DID get a lot of exercise just being on the river - but gonna hit the weight room a bit tonight as well.

It's good to be back. TTYAL!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:15 AM   #3  
Going to ONEderland

Good morning. I'm not on track, can't seem to get there. Feeling fatter than ever. Disgusted with myself, but so lacking in real motivation lately. I need a kick from somewhere. The heat makes it hard to want to spend any time shopping, planning or cooking. I'm a mess. Not trying to make excuses, just can't figure out where I'm going to find some motivation from. I hate being this fat. I lost some weight a couple of weeks ago, but have gained it back. Plus I think losing it released some estrogen from my fat cells because I wound up getting a period when I haven't had one in like 6 months or so. So that is discouraging. I want to lose weight, but at that cost? Frustrating.

Sorry I'm so negative today, just can't find what it takes to WANT it badly enough right now. You'd think the numbers climbing on the scale would motivate me, but that isn't doing it. Maybe I should just start with baby steps. Eating breakfast and drinking lots of water.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

Ahhh Sherry - I've been where you are for months now and know EXACTLY how you feel. I haven't had a period in - omgosh - I guess its been like 16 months? I'd really freak if I had one now I think. (I'm 46) But for these months, at times, I've felt like I always did right b4 a period. Weepy - bloated - crabby - moody - down - slef loathing - self pity . . . but never getting the relief that I got when the actual period started, ya know? The only thing that has helped me is OTC Estroven - nothing miraculous mind you - but I can REALLY tell when I forget to take them! (I space them out to about 4 a day.) The other symptom I forgot to mention is forgetting EVERYTHING/Misplacing EVERYTHING/hot flashes/sweats. Was just driving me the short trip to CRAZY - Estroven has helped with that as well.

The biggest thing I've done to motivate myself though - has been to return to this m/b! You guys are GREAT!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:59 AM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

Got most of the housework done - off to the store - that pantry isn't stocking itself! LOL!

Have been reading around and realized I've never tried the 1 Minute Muffin - is it suitable for Induction? I went ahead and put flaxseed on my list regardless.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 AM   #6  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Sherry,
Boy, everything you mentioned I have felt and still do at times, it's not fun living in that mode. I'm in the process of changing all that.
But you know, there comes a time when we have to say to ourselves, "am I going to keep living this way or am I going to do something about it!"
Because the way we talk is not going to get us anywhere except more and more in the hole.
I know that if I can do it you can! I am the biggest procrastinator, and I am the biggest giver upper too. If something doesn't work out for me, I would always say, okay that's it I quit!
I would compare myself to others and say, why can't I do that!
I guess we don't realize that everybody struggles with one thing or another.
We just have to decide for ourselves whether we want it or not.
I know once you vent, and I know the hormones could be taking too, that you will get back on track and you can lose the weight you want.
Even if it's a pound at a time, a little progress is better than no progress. Pretty soon all your progress will add up.
I know you can do it! But you also need to start speaking positive things in your life, as uncomfortable as it seems, the more we do that the easier it will be to get past this.
Here's some positive word for you: You will lost the weight you want and you will be happy, you will have peace and you will be motivated!
That is my affirmation to you.
You can Do it Sherry!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Aud!! Is that you?!?!?!! welcome back girly!!

Well, the stress is eating away at me. Im having an awful time getting my poop together. I was doing good, but when stuff happened that I dont have any control over, I head for the chocolate...this time I added wine! so you know its getting serious!!

On the plus side, we finally got internet hooked up at the shop So I can check in more often, and hopefully keep me on track!

Suppose I should get some work done eh?

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

Yes its reallyreally me Robin! LOL! Just quickly gonna add to fitintime's positive affirmation to you:

Just think how good all that chocolate and wine was for your heart girl!

My Big Sis is on a regimen of chocolate/wine and baby aspirin per her Doctor! (She has lupus and has developed heart trouble. - she also does NOT have a weight problem though!)

okokok . . . forcing myself to log OFF and GET TO IT!
Old 07-16-2007, 11:21 AM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies,

My son made it home from his Desert Training in California. They didn't let them shave or cut their hair that whole 5 weeks so he was pretty scruffy looking. Of course, he showered, shaved and got a haircut right quickly when he got home. LOL. He said it was VERY HOT out there but he enjoyed the training and "had a blast". Go figure.

I'm maintaining my wt. OK but would still like to drop a couple lbs. to give me a little "wiggle room". My exercise is good. My clothes all fit like they should.

I worked really hard in my garden yesterday with clearing weeds. Removed some plants that were too overcrowded. I have TOO many tomatoes and peppers. I need a good home-made salsa recipe to help use some of these up. Even after all the gardening , I still walked on my treadmill last night.

Aud, I did find good homes for all the puppies. I kept one puppy for my DD. It was a bad decision. This puppy drives me nuts. Constantly digging out of the yard and shredding / chewing everything she can find. (Including the water hose, her plastic swimming kiddie pool, her water bucket etc.). She is not able to be housetrained yet. She is WAY too hyper and pees herself with excitement. LOL. Hopefully when she gets older, she'll be an awesome dog like her mother is. We've spent the summer laying a foot deep trench of concrete all the way around our back fenced yard to try to keep this puppy in the dang yard. It's been very hard work, expensive and a PITA.

aud, I've gotten so bad about losing things and forgetting stuff that I think at tims I'm losing my mind.

Sherry, Hugs, I know how hard it is to get back on track. Coming to this forum does help me in knowing I'm not alone in my struggles. Hang in there and you'll find the motivation you need.

Jae, those roasts sound good. I got a great deal on chicken leg quarters at .48cents a lb. I bought 20 lbs. worth, so we're having chicken most every night with dinner.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #10  
aud
lc lifestyle

Can't believe I asked about puppies and didn't even comment about your DS, lilyb! SO glad he's back safe!

Yeah, forgetting the dangdest things (time/date/watch/glasses/KEYS - you name it and I've LOST IT in the last several months!!!) . . . and then remembering things from years ago like it was yesterday! I just thought - I even remember that you Big Dogs name is Molly, right? (I cheated on that one 'cause that's my DD who will be turning 21 next month.)

I've got the pantry somewhat stocked and am on the way to hit that dreaded time clock . . . cya all in the Wee Hours!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #11  
lilybelle

aud, I actually lost my wedding rings and haven't found them. I think I put them up somewhere but can't remember where. I've lost my keys twice, once to find them in the ignition with the doors locked. UHOH. Had to have one of DH's cop buddies come get my car unlocked for me. LOL, Quite embarassing. I've put things (like my brush) in the fridge and things such as sliced cheese up in the cabinet instead of the fridge. I definitely got it bad. Dang menopause, I am losing my mind.

Yes, my dog is named Molly and puppy is Lucy. (although Lucy should have been named PITA.)

I'm hot and sweaty after working an hr. in my garden and then cleaning up my yard and mowing it.

Big victory for me tonite. My kids made chicken and dumplins for the whole family. I didn't eat any, I ate a salad and some green beans and a fresh tomato from my garden instead.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:19 AM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

We are leading parallel lives lilyb! Haven't lost the wedding rings yet - but it's just cause I'm too bloated fat to get the suckers OFF!

We also have a new pup - West Highland Terrier: Ginger . . . she's a joy and also should be named PITA - right on down to the excited urine squirts. Trenches? Hmmmmm . . . hadn't thought of that.

Had a great OP day and already have the dry mouth . . . actually lost 3lbs on the beer guzzle vacay - Here's to you Mr. BudLight Inventor!
Old 07-17-2007, 10:17 AM   #13  
Going to ONEderland

Lilybelle,

Good salsa recipe. Lots of chopped up tomatoes. Two or three jalapeno or serrano (hot) peppers. About half a red onion (or more depending on how many tomatoes you use). Two or three stalks of cilantro chopped up with scissors. Salt to taste.

Stir it all together and if you feel like it part of it can have some avocado chopped into it.

It isn't really a recipe obviously since I didn't give you real proportions, but you just add the ingredients until it looks right, colorful and tastes right. With fresh tomatoes from your garden? It is wonderful.

You can make it into a dip by layering salsa, avocado, sour cream and cheese into a caserole. If you are into it some refried beans can be one of those layers. I've served it with potluck events and it is always a hit.

I'm thinking of trying something semi vegetarian. I just can't get into all high protein meals in this heat of summer. Vegetables sound much more appealing, and they should be low cal if I keep everything else out of the way. Atkins always works for me, but for some reason once I've stopped it, I have a really hard time going back to it. There is a lot of negative thoughts in my mind about it. Things like dehydration (which I'm prone to) and constipation, and having a hard time finding something without bread, but meaty to eat for lunch. I think if I start thinking of myself as being on a vegetarian (mostly) diet, then I won't go looking for high protein, can eat lighter, eat fewer calories, but have the focus be on living foods rather than meats. When I'm doing Atkins I don't really limit my consumption of vegetables (except the really starchy ones) anyway, so I think the diet will wind up nearly the same, but maybe feel easier to think of and do by focusing more on light vegetable type foods. I'm not saying I'll give up meat, maybe just limit the quantity of it and other higher calorie or higher fat foods. Sort of do Atkins with much more veggy emphasis rather than meat/protein.

Anyway thanks everyone for the support. I am getting sick of this fat, plus I do think I've had more mental confusion lately. Harder to focus on anything. So maybe it is just menopause. I'm 51 so it certainly is time!
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #14  
lilybelle

Sherry, I find that now I'm calorie counting, I have days when I have very little protein. I just log my food each day in Fitday and don't really care much about the ratio's. As long as I stay around 1400-1500 cal's a day, I consider it a success. Of course, I still have the occasional 3000cal. day. OOPS. My biggest trouble with switching to this new way of eating is that it seems like Nothing is off limits and I overdo it sometimes. Then I'll drop to 1200 cal's for a while and take off any gain and start the whole process all over again. I guess, I suck at maintenance. I'm more the 5 lb. princess. LOL, with all the wt. fluctuation that I have going on. But, I do still weigh twice a week and if I gain, I set out to take it right back off. I know that exercise really helps me to maintain or regain control when needed.

Thanks for the salsa recipe. I am going to try it and I'll let you know how it turns out. DH and DS are asking for fresh salsa.

I'm taking the girls to the pool today. My sunburn is healed. I've got quite a "farmer's tan" going after all the yard work yesterday. LOL.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 PM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

mmmmmm salsa . . . double mmmmmm: avocados! YUM!

Maybe you ought to just be thinking "lighter" proteins sherry? Like fish and chicken? I love the link jrseygirl posted to Linda's LowCarb - there were so manymany "*" of salads I can have on Induction - so my plan for the week is to incorporate the salads with some "lighter" proteins 'cause its so danged HOT here in MO. There's also a section of Main Dish SALADS as your entree that have the * Induction asterisk!

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

Healthy choices - I love leaving the "processed" foods behind regardless of weight loss or gain, ya know?

Last edited by aud; 07-17-2007 at 02:00 PM.