Old 07-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Default phase 1 and frozen meals

Sorry if this has been answered before..I didnt see it....

But i was wondering if any of the frozen south beach meals were OK for phase I? Obviously not any of the ones w/ pasta or rice, but what about the ones / just meat and veggies?

I've kinda been doing a fake version of SB phase 2 (1 breakfast wrap, 2frozen meals, and 2bars a day) because I like having the pre-made portions. I eat a few bites of other stuff here and there, but I try to keep the calories between 1200-1500 b/c I figure if I do that, I'll lose weight no matter what I'm eating! haha

It's been a week and I've already lost 6lbs! (water weight prob..but WHATEVER lol)
ellakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:49 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Emilia, be careful eating so many processed foods. There are so many preservatives in that stuff, and consuming only prepared foods really isn't that good for your body. Plus, I've heard the South Beach Kraft items aren't actually really completely along the South Beach principles. I know I've seen hydrogenated oils in them at the very least.

There is a whole section in our recipes folder for make-and-freeze meals, which you could use to have pre-made portions. I know it takes more time, but it's SO much better for you to eat fresh ingredients than the processed ones.

As for your original question, I have no idea whether the frozen meals are OK for Phase 1. I haven't actually checked them out too closely, but I imaine it would say on the package what phase they are intended for.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Preservatives may not be good for you, but neither is all this fat on my stomach! lol Right now, having pre-made portions is really helpful to me and the SB meals are the healthiest out there b/c they dont have a ton of sugar and refined carbs like most others. and they have lots of protein.

Unless you're cooking completely organic (and even organic food isnt regulated), you're going to be consuming preservatives and chemicals. That's just the way it is here in America! (unfortunately)
ellakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:35 PM   #4  

Most people end up gaining if they eat the meals too often. And I personally don't believe they are healthy to eat that often. For one thing, you are not getting nearly enough vegetables unless you are fixing extra vegetables along with them. They should say on them what phase they are for. I do eat the South Beach tortillas occasionally (one phase 2) and I like the bars for camping trips (about 2-3 times a year) but I avoid most of the rest of it.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:28 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh, no, I totally understand the portion control issue. I have that same problem! It's just that South Beach wasn't designed as a meal-delivery program and so if you're only eating their prepared meals, you're not getting enough of the good veggies that are so important.

What I do when I make meals that have more than one serving is to portion out the food and put away any leftovers before I begin eating. If they're out when I'm cleaning up, I snack on them. If they're already away, I don't. Plus, then I have lunch or dinner for the next day taken care of. I know a lot of gals on here also cook and freeze several meals so they have their own quick-ready, South Beach meals!

Of course, you have to do what works for you.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote