View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 02:03 PM   #20
ennay
Boston Qualifier and MOM

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/?

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn View Post
Kery -- I think you're on to something about the people in the studies and the programs and what they learned... many of us have succeeded doing our OWN programs. Does anyone study those people??? I have no idea if that leads to success more often than these "structured" programs, but it does make me wonder...
exactly...I am succeeding now because I learned from the past and have tailored my own program...I looked at what worked for me (most of the concepts of SouthBeach/Diabetic meal planning) what didnt (unlimited food within the plan and reliance on artificial sweeteners) and what triggered failure (denial of certain foods completely - I dont want whole wheat low fat south beach pizza, I want Pizza Schmizza , I dont want sugar free chocolate and icecream I want the real deal and so I have both)

I make light of it to people who seem confused by my eating plan. "What are you doing here at Pizza Schmizza -cant keep off the weight that way!" I tell them the core secret to my success is pizza every week and chocolate every day...and to some extent that is true. (Even though they laugh like I made a good joke) Over restriction for me leads to binging - I think its very telling that since I moved into maintenance my weight loss has picked back up.

But that also goes to show that what works for Meg and Glory may not work for me and vice versa. In our world you cant sell a "Figure it out for yourself" diet book. We want a "Here is the magic formula that will work for everyone" and I dont think that exists.

My before/after pics
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote