Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #1  

Default What diet pill will work?

I have 23 lbs yet to lose...and struggling...the hunger pains are at time unbearable.......what diet pill would help me get over this hump. Thanks for your help
Old 07-13-2007, 06:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

You don't need a pill. You need to eat. How many calories are you eating a day and for how long have you been doing it? It sounds like you are starving yourself. Most good plans keep you eating every few hours so there are never unbearable hunger pains.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey law1010,

Here at 3FC, we like healthy weight loss! Tell us more about what plan you are following--that is, what you eat in a typical day--and maybe we can make some suggestions to help!

Jay
Old 07-13-2007, 07:13 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

I agree - if you have hunger pangs you are not eating enough. If you starve your body your metabolism will slow way down and go into starvation mode. Eat what is a healthy amount for your activity level and maybe kick up your exercise a notch. IMO weight loss drugs are just a crutch and when you stop using them you are faced with the same issues/problems you had when you started them.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #5  
Going around again

S/C/G: 289/249/140

Height: 5'5"

Are you on any medication? I ask, because I take an SSRI (anti depressant) and they can have a tendency to make you hungry ALL of the time. Even two minutes after you ate.

Because of that, I try to eat very low calorie meals (under 200 most times)--but often, every 3 hours or so and leave about 150-200 cals for snacking late at night when I am usually up. This works really well for me--- ie, rather than having cereal in the morning AND a piece of fruit, I save the piece of fruit for mid morning instead ... rather than having a full sandwich for lunch, I have half with a salad and save the other half for later, again eating it with a salad.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:12 AM   #6  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I seriously do not think that a "pill" will help you, it sounds more like a mental thing. Your mind is telling you that your body NEEDS something, that is why you have the hunger pain. I would make sure your meals/snacks have lots of PROTEIN (lean) and Fiber, that will help you stay full between meals.
Good Luck
Old 07-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

For the most part, it isn't diet pills that work for almost all successful people who have lost weight and kept it off. It is a proper diet and exercise.

You mention hunger pangs-could you give me an example of your daily diet? I am asking, because different calories are recommended for different people-depending on your current weight, activity, etc. Also, WHAT you eat makes a big difference in how hungry you are. If you aim to eat 300 calories for breakfast, you can have a low fat pastry for that amount, or you can have an egg, a slice of whole grain toast with a bit of jam, and a banana-and be much more satisfied. You have to learn to be able to "eat more" with the same amount of calories.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:17 AM   #8  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Aphil, I totally agree, I am trying different combinations myself because I tend to get "hungry". Sometimes I am not sure if it is "real" hunger or just my mind thinking I should be eating.....
Closed Thread