WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 07-12-2007, 11:31 PM   #1  
I See Less Every Day

Default Trader Joe's

I'm just learning about Trader Joes I went this week and I calculated points on so many items. I found some realy good things.

But I would like to know what great Trader Joe items you have found and of course how many points they are. I'm going back again next week.

Thanks
clessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #2  
Queen of Everything

Height: 5'5

i love trader joes!!! but it's a heckuva drive for me to get there, so i haven't been in a while. i would assume they have lots of good stuff! i know they have some dried fruits with no sugar and junk added - but no idea on pts, would need my handy-dandy slider thingie. oh, and i got some black lentils last time i went, they were different, in a good way. i think i would want to have a look at some of the pre-packaged indian dishes, like the punjab eggplant... it tastes like it's gotta be bad for you tho.

anyway, let us know what you find, please!!! sorry i wasn't much help!
Mdae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/171.6/139

I Love, Love, Love Trader Joe's! They have so many great products for us WW's. The 100 calorie packs are wonderful. My favorite is the Multigrain Toucan crackers. Taste just like Ritz. In the freezer compartment they have these divine strawberries. They are filled with sweetened cream and capped with white chocolate. 1 for 1 point, 2 for 1 point, 3 for 2 points. Their frozen brown rice is the best I've found. I use it in casseroles. The roasted garlic in the spice section makes any recipe wonderful. The frozen Java Floe bars are great. The Thai Joe's Prig Khing green beans are terrific. There are just so many yummy things! Here is a link to a list someone has put together with lots of TJ's items and their point values:

http://www.oduamy.com/tj_points.html
mom36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167

Height: 5'3 and 1/2

I laughed when I saw this thread because I am currently noshing on a Spicy Spinach Pizza (3 points) with 2 tbs of hummus. (1 point). All purchsed at Trader Joes! They have lots of things that work well with the points for me. I don't eat mammel, just fish. So I go more the vegetarian route.
Melting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #5  
Optimist

S/C/G: 267/222/150

Height: 5 ft 5¼ in

I love TJ's but have not been in a couple of months. I intend to go sometime soon armed with my points calculator to see how healthy some of my favorites are. I love the bruschetta! Instead of eating it on bread I put it on reduced fat triscuits (2 points for 7 crackers).
Sammi711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

what's Trader Joe's? a grocery store?
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #7  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Yes it is a health food grocery type store..I know in my area it isnt real big,thats why i put type..lol
snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/196/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Good Stuff at TJ's

My fiance & I love the Better N' Peanut Butter! It is only 2 pts for 2 Tbl....and it's yummy!!!!

We also found a brownie mix that you make with yogurt (2 pts per brownie)...again, YUM!! We tried making regular low-fat brownies with yogurt & it didn't work.

They also have the yummiest pita bread!

We love TJ's!!!
gobux90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #9  

Hello!

I'm new here but I just wanted to partake of the TJ Love

I'm not on WW or any point system I just watch what I eat by myself basically so I count calories

However, I must say that TJ's has some very nice items that sure do work into my diet!

I don't eat enough fish in my daily diet so I can get my omega 3 dose from the yummie flax seed tortilla chips! 500 omega's per a serving! I eat them with the low sodium, no fat Chipotle Salsa Sauce

I also love the no sodium wheat bread =)

Applegate Farms Herb Turkey Breast is another item I adore that they sell!

I love all the prepackaged organic grilled chicken and chicken pieces that are fantastic to add to salads or pasta dishes plus no additives or salt!

The garlic fries are lovely as well!

My list is huge

I find eating healthy easier when I shop at TJ!

I must say that some items as yummie as they are have to be avoided as the sodium content is quite high

Granted they taste awesome but that amount of sodium isn't exactly healthy!

I spend alot of time browsing through the aisles and reading labels before placing it in my cart!

I hear the chocolate covered soy nuts are pretty low in calories! Sadly I haven't be able to locate them at my TJ's!

All in all it's a great place to shop for good, healthy foods with low calories or no fat, etc! It's just about being a smart shopper!

=)
shortandaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

TJ's is not a health food store. It is grocery store does. They ry for the country store look.They do
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
TJ's is not a health food store. It is grocery store does. They ry for the country store look.They do
I'm sorry bargoo. I wasn't implying it was a health food store just saying that they have some healthy options to choose from. I think that's basically what everyone was saying.

Last edited by shortandaround; 11-15-2007 at 04:43 PM.
shortandaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I had to leave for an appointment before I was done with my message, I didn't plan on sending it ,as I hadn't finished.I was going to say it is a grocery store but they do carry organic and lo fat/sgar free foods. You will not find national brands at TJ's .They have items there that you won't find anyplace else.The stores have an old time country store look.The prices are quite good.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote