Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 08:13 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Smile Steel Magnolias #151

GOOD LATE AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Time has come for a new page it seems. Have any of you tried out that recipe for Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread that came on WW card #7 of this go round? I just pulled mine out of the oven and boy o boy do they smell wonderful and wait ~ I just sniched one and it tasts as good as it looks and smells. Cowboy is outside grilling teriyake chichen as I type and we will have a nice green salad to go with it all.

SHARON it sure is nice weather. Yep we made it into the 70's today and I can use some more of it. I love this time of year.
I hope you are feeling much better today.

GAIL I hope you are better also. Do you have a set of those old WW recipe cards? I can't locate mine and I would sure like that lasagna recipe.

Everyone have a great evening.
Old 03-19-2002, 09:55 PM   #2  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I have had a so-so kind of day; a crazy "short day" schedule at school, ran some errands on my way home, took a quick nap while I wanted to catch the news, went to WW (gained .5# ), went out for a quick supper because it was DH's night to cook , and now I'm checking in with you.

Gail -- I hope you are feeling much better by now! It must be the weather or something in the water. Beth went back to work yesterday; she said she was tired and still quite sore but thought she would feel better being active rather than laying around for another day. Thanks for asking!

Maggie -- Thanks for starting the new thread! I haven't tried the bread but may just do that if you liked it. Do you use a recipe for chicken salad or just do "a little of this and that?" I thought we started daylight savings time in April -- I get confused because AZ doesn't go on it and I always have to stop and rethink the time difference when calling down there. It seems like we just changed the clocks. Time sure seems to fly by! CONGRATULATIONS on another GREAT loss!!!

Sharon -- "Hi" -- hope you are feeling better too!

I need to do a quick pick up around the kitchen before the news comes on. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-20-2002, 12:26 PM   #3  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a lovely day today. Birds galore are out showing off their beauty. I must have been real thirsty last night because I drank 30 ounces out of my sipper cup during the night.

JEAN what was I thinking day light saving time does start the first Sunday in April. You are not confused. When I make a chicken salad it never turns out the same. It all depends on what I have on hand to go into it veggie wise. Yesterday I used a whole lot of salad greens plus chopped celery and chopped onion and a tad of Low Fat Miracle Whip and a can of chicken breast meat that was 98% fat free.

All you lovely flowers wake up and smell the coffee.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:21 PM   #4  
Web Nana

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I am checking in and just have to say I am envious of your warm temperatures, MAGGIE. On this first day of spring we are having SNOW. I am sure it won't amount to much but, come on, it's SPRING. Just enjoy that 70 deg weather and that great LOSS this week. You deserve it. That bread sounds great. I don't have those cards, could you send me the recipe? Thanks.

JEAN A change in one's schedule can really throw you for a loop. When that happens I think I am going to get so much done but end up just hanging around.

GAIL Hope you are feeling better!

By the way today was a maintain that I am very happy to have after last weekend. I know that I told you about the room but the two meals we had with the room were something else!!!! They went with the room and on Friday we had a 5 course meal. I had Oysters on the half shell, Lobster stew and split a Spinach salad with DH. Main course was a Baked Seafood plate with Shrimp, Scallops, Lobster over Linquini and Julienned Carrots and Stringbeans. Yummm! The only real bad thing was the dessert and I had a 3 Chocolate Trifle. On Saturday we were on our own so ate much more sensible. That's why the maintain is OK. I have been watching what I eat this week, so hopefully......!

Gloria in MA......DH just got home from his walk and he is covered with a light white dusting. Off to get some work done.
Old 03-20-2002, 04:13 PM   #5  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a "springy" feeling day here today . . . the sun is out and it's so nice. I think I will go for a walk after I'm done here.

Maggie -- Chicken salad sounds good . . . I might just have to see if I have the fixins for it. After 30 oz. of water during the night, did you gurgle when you got up this morning? I had a new cat here for breakfast this morning and he was bound and determined he was coming inside! I usually just open the door to put the food out along with fresh water and all the others will hop off the step until I'm done and have shut the door again. I'll just bet he is someone's pet because he wasn't the least bit afraid of me. Just what I need is another cat!

Gloria -- I'm sorry you are having the snow but I'm glad it's in your part of the world and not mine! A maintain is as good as a loss when one has had a non-OP adventure! (That's a Jean proverb!)

Today was another crazy schedule day, tomorrow is a regular day where no one will be ready to settle down, and then no school on Friday. I am thinking of a ME shopping day . . . I need some new spring clothes. I will have to see . . . I hate to shop for clothes!

Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-20-2002, 06:40 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Smile

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

We just got in from going all over the campground in the golf cart. I love doing that..... fresh air and all the neat things to see and some nice folks to talk to. AHH spring is in the air.

GLORIA I'll send that recipe your way. I am telling you that I know that I gained a pound or two just reading your post and do understand why that maintain was a joyous event. We could use some rain here but don't want any snow this late nor this low.

JEAN I don't think I gurgled but I do know I sloshed. That extra cat that came from dinner probably got an invite from one of those other cats. They have a way of communicating to other cats where to go for a good meal. This one just thought he would bop in for an extra snack from you. I love to go clothes shopping but havn't lived near any large folks shops lately so order through a catalogue. There surely are some here. But I want to drop a few more pounds before I buy anything more ~ except unders. I can have my outer clothes loose but those unders can't be baggy. I like your proverb about Maintenance. I have taken a different view of it lately ~ like last week when I had done such a good program and I thought I should have lost but maintained. Now when I do things simlar to what our friend Gloria did ~ a maintain is welcomed.

Time to get my ice water jug refilled. Catch ya later ~ have a great evening.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:42 PM   #7  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default I was about ready for bed but...

...I had to come in here and bring y'all up to date about my father-in-law. Well, Saturday morning Wayne and I are going down to Va. Beach. We're going on a double date with my fil and his latest ladyfriend. We're going out to dinner...and then we're going to the Moose Lodge. This should be interesting. Stay tuned for further developments...

I'm scrolling backwards to respond to posts but I have to say one thing...or ask...should I skip over Gloria's post...Maggie said she gained two pounds just by reading it?! Only kidding, Gloria!

Maggie, those golf carts are fun to ride in aren't they? I see a parade of them all the time in my back yard! I'll think of you each time I see one go barrelling by!

Jean, how come there's no school on Friday? And it sure is NOT spring here...wet, gray, and COLD.

Gloria, goodness gracious, girl, you did good by maintaining! The food sounds wonderful! Yes, I'm feeling much better...in fact, I feel like my ol' perky self.

Jean, I'm sorry you gained but it was only a little bit. Did you take your shoes off before you weighed? The reason I ask is because a lady I work with goes to WW and she forgot to take her shoes off one week. Next week she had a 3 lb. loss.

Maggie, are you talking about that Cheesy Vegetable Lasagna? Yes, I have that...if that is what you're talking about. Let me know...I'll email it to you...better yet...<going searching>...

brb

Gail
Old 03-20-2002, 10:51 PM   #8  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default ...here it is...

EASY CHEESE LASAGNA

1 jar (28 oz.) spaghetti sauce
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 container (15 oz.) fat-free ricotta cheese
1-2 cups sliced or chopped raw vegetables, such as mushrooms, broccoli, and bell pepper
1 package (8 oz.) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 11x7-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread 1/3 of the sauce on bottom of dish; arrange 3 noodles in a single layer over sauce. Top with another 1/3 of the sauce, all of the ricotta cheese and vegetables, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, then remaining noodles in a single layer. Spread evenly with remaining sauce.

2. Cover dish with foil; bake until noodles are tender and mixture is piping hot, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese; bake uncovered 5 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

Nutriton information: 301 calories (where do they get that 1 calorie?), 7.2g fat, 4.6g fiber

Makes 6 servings; 6 points per serving.

from week 9 recipe cards.

I use more vegetables than what it calls for; probably more like 3 cups...and I combine sliced carrots, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, and zucchini.

I use Olive Oil Pam Spray.

Gail
Old 03-20-2002, 11:52 PM   #9  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

GAIL thank you so much for that recipe. Yes that is the very one. I had to laugh when you asked where they got that "one" calorie when I put it into my MasterCook program it came up with double the amount of calories WW had. Sometimes they are right on and sometimes they are in la la land with those nutritional things. I depend on the person that does the recipe to have done the correct figuring if I have the information. Like that one I of course used the information you provided with that recipe from WW and do thank you so very much.

Sleep well my friends.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:23 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Smile FIRST FULL DAY OF SPRING

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

What a beautiful day to be the first full day of Spring. How fitting of an entry. My day so far has been OP and I do plan on continuing it to be so the rest of this day. I am going to make a recipe out of one of the WW Magazines called Tropical Carrot-Pineapple Squares. They say about these, "These tasty morels take muffins - and carrot cake - to the next level..." Well we shall see about that after I have tried a 3 POINT serving later. I am using craisins instead of raisins because I can't find the box of raisins Cowboy said he bought a while back.

Have a great day ya'all.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:53 PM   #11  

Good Evening, Flowers!
Winter has returned with a vengence -- 11 degrees this morning and WIND, WIND, and more WIND! At least the sun was out so it wasn't so gloomy.

Maggie -- Let us know how you liked the TCP Squares, they sound yummy! Well, the "new" cat was still here this morning! We propped the garage door open and fixed a box for him. He has a loud purr and doesn't mind being held, rubs around our legs, and has had all 4 paws declawed but is still very much a HE. He doesn't mind the garage doors going up and down nor the car pulling into the garage. He has definitely been around people. I called the radio station and the two vets in town -- no one had reported missing a cat. I don't know what we'll do because I sure can't adopt another one.

Gail -- I hope that you and Wayne both like the new lady in your FIL's life. Enjoy your weekend! We don't have the students tomorrow but parents can schedule a conference if they wish. It's always the parents that should come that don't. I always take my shoes off to weigh in. There is a lady who joined in the summer and wore shorts and a t-shirt on her first weigh in. She wears sweats in the colder months and peels off the layers until she has on just what she wore the first time. She is also superstitious about which scale she weighs on even though the leader swears they weigh the same. Thanks for posting the recipe! I'm sorry that spring weather has not arrived in your corner of the world. We've had such a mild winter compared to last year that I shouldn't complain.

Well, it's time for the news and then heading to bed after that. Have a fantastic OP Friday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-22-2002, 12:18 PM   #12  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is fixin to be another beautiful day in the neighborhood. This is my high point day and I am going to make bacon and French toast for breakfast when I wake up in a bit. I am just now having my OJ and Hazelnut coffee through a straw. I didn't make those bars yesterday afterall ~ too much going on around here and I didn't get the chance. However, today being a high day is actually a better day to make them.

JEAN wonder what that kitty is even doing out wandering around outside without claws...humm. Suppose he got away from someone traveling and they didn't miss him at first When we stopped once at a strip mall during a travel episode I saw a cat that looked just like Turn on the sidewalk in front of the truck as we were pulling out. Good thing I saw him or we would be a couple of unhappy campers. Little scudder is so quick sometimes he is out the door before you know it ~ so quick and silient about it.

Have a good OP day FLOWERS ~ catch up with you later.
Old 03-22-2002, 03:16 PM   #13  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

For just a few ladies on this thread, this thread can move quickly!

Maggie, I figured that had to be the one...as that's the only one I knew! I just had to put that little comment in...well, that was what I was thinking at the time!

Jean, it is COLD here in Delaware. Walking from the parking lot to the office brought tears to my eyes. The wind is terrible. Just terrible. The sun is shining though. At least we have that. Where is spring? Well, as you know, my life changes from one day to the next--we're not going to Va. Beach after all. We've had to postpone the double-date with my fil and his lady-friend...to April 6. Wayne really hated to call his Dad yesterday and tell him. He understood but I know he was disappointed...and that upset Wayne but theres nothing he could do about it. It was work that interfered. As usual.

Well, I do have plans for tonight. I'm going with Amy and Amanda to watch my sil give an exhibition of kung fu at the school's latest graduation of students going to the next belt. Should be interesting. I've never seen my sil in action! Can you imagine that? Only seen him working out in the back yard. I'm looking forward to this tonight. He's very talented.

I'm working the program pretty good now. I'm going to WW in the morning and I'm looking forward to it! Imagine that.

Gail
Old 03-22-2002, 05:59 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
The sun is out again today but it is cold and WINDY -- it was 8 degrees when I got up this morning! I think whoever ordered this weather is confused . . . it is supposed to be spring! I spent my day off SHOPPING and took #1 son, Jason, to lunch. I got to see his office for the first time so that was fun.

Maggie -- When we lived in Ohio we would bring our cat back to Iowa on vacation. She hated to ride and I was always so afraid she would sneak out of the car when we least expected it. After we had Jason, we had a neighbor check on her. Bernie was afraid of her so would take the tank vacuum and sit it by the door so that when she would go in, she would drag the vacuum with her. The cat didn't like the vacuum almost as much as she didn't like Bernie! I'm surprised that Turn didn't get scared and run. Our resident garage cat, he looks like Morris so that's what I call him, is still here and we've had no calls about him. Bob says he can come inside but one of our three has to move out! That would be like giving up one of my kids!

Gail -- I thought about you today when I was SHOPPING! I really didn't need anything but one of the department stores was having a sale plus Penney's had 25% off everything so I just browsed away most of the day. I did find a couple of spring pants outfits -- I think the manufacturers are making clothes bigger because I bought size 14 slacks and large tops which I haven't worn for many years! I know that my weight hasn't changed that much! I'm sorry your weekend plans fell through. I don't know what the difference is between Kung Fu and Taekwando (sp?) but Beth took T. for a year and we went to one of her competitions. She had to sign up for a year at a time and decided that with classes and work she really didn't have the time. She did enjoy it though and said it was a good workout of she really worked at it.

Well, since I played away most of the day, I need to make a grocery list and head for the store. Have a relaxing weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-22-2002, 07:10 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Smile

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

The day has remained nice but we are supposed to get some showers tonight and I sure hope it happens. However, we have campers coming in that may not like it too well. Speaking of campers, some of them are great folks and good cooks and are always giving us stuff when we make our rounds. One guy came in early this afternoon to set up before his girlfriend comes in later and stopped us and asked if we liked jerkey. I said that I sure did but the places where I used to buy it around here have all changed hands and the new folks don't make it good. He went to his truck and brought out a huge bag of it. Said he knew what I had said was true and so he went and bought himself a jerky making machine and makes his own now. What a guy. You know that stuff sells for 30 bucks a pound now. Ah but this he gave me has lots of red peppers dried on it and it is mo hotta mo betta. Bit too hot for the Cowboy. OH and the guy also likes to ocean fish and is going to bring me some Ling Cod and Red Snapper. One ounce of jerky is 3 POINTS and I am glad this is a high point day. I think he is my new best friend.

JEAN Turn doesn't try to run away when he does get out. First he lays on the warm ground and rolls around. Then he may jetison under the trailer where he knows it is hard for us to get hold of him. But if we get him when he frist goes out he isn't hard to catch. He has a game where he circles around where we can't see him and then out he goes if the door is opened. Cowboy has started picking him up when the door is open and stepping out with him then depositing him back inside. That method has been working great of late.

GAIL that is too bad that Wayne's work schedule messed up your plans but like you said another date has been set. I know you will enjoy watching your son in law do his thing. Little Amanda will probably squeel. I wish you a good report at your weigh in tomorrow.

Have a great weekend ya'all.
Closed Thread