Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #185 Bale of Turtles Galloping!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com.
We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #2  
Chick

Princess, you had a great : and Keep up the good work.
All the social events are playing havoc with me here, but I'm doing my best--and if the scale is up on Wed., I know I can knock the weight off.
Judy
Old 07-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #3  

Ladies: It looks like it has been quiet here, so easier for me to catch up -- or did I miss a lot? Either way, I have been inundated at work, sleep deprived because of my neighbors...now it looks like I will be out of my apartment complex by July 31st, and into a quieter place -- that also means a lot of time spent moving and unpacking. So I will probably be in and out these next few weeks. But I am thinking of you guys, and I hope you are well. ::hugs::

Princess: congrats on the WL. Staying cool is not much of an option here, except when you're inside, so I stay inside most of the time. It's very, very hot here, but it's been a little better this week, it's only 98 degrees here. <blech>

Judy: You have a good attitude. Keep on keeping on...
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I think we're all in a very busy spell in our lives right now, but Ariana--you're right--it's important to keep on chiming in.
After a confusing and crazy day with dgb and dd I did get to WW mtg. I'm up 3# but I feel it will come off this week. Just a glitch in the big picture.

Ariana, glad you'll be moving to a more serene place. The packing will be worth it!

A young girl in my mtg. today lost 60 # and has kept it off for a year. She said the plateaus happen, but you just keep going--make sure the ducks are in a row--water, exercise, portion control, good attitude--and you can meet success. That's my goal!
Take care and be well.
Judy
Old 07-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #5  

Ladies: Good evening. I have my WW meeting tomorrow so I won't be able to post Thursday, and I wanted to tell you guys -- I lost 2 pounds this week! <big grin> Awesome, huh? :::

Nothing more to report since this afternoon. I'm chiming in 2x in one day to make up for lost time.

Judy: I think we should all *try* -- I make no promises I can't keep, but I will *try* to keep chiming in... Sorry your day was so crazy and that you're up, but again, you have the right attitude -- if you fall off the horse, stand up, dust off your rear end, figure out how best to get back on, and then do it! You recognize the important thing -- sometimes it takes several tries to get on the horse and stay on! I have faith in you. Re moving: I am so glad too. My neighbor is being a *** right now actually with his music. Jerk. 60 pounds is excellent, especially keeping it off for a year. Plateaus certainly do happen. Someone in my WW meeting said something very helpful for me -- keep track of your weight loss for a few weeks, and look to see if you have a pattern -- it helps you keep the weeks of maintenance or gains in perspective if you can see the bigger picture. I seem to go up a little/down a little or maintain for two or three weeks, and then lose two pounds. I hope that's a pattern. It may just be that I didn't use half my flex points this weekend. Or that I cut back my daily points to closer to the minimum. We'll see. I'll keep tracking, and help it remind me that, slow as it is, I am still moving onward and downward, and how far I have come. I think that's a great goal -- keep on trucking, and you'll get there, even if the journey is slow and frustrating.

Anyway, I need to pack my work lunch and make dinner. Take care!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all!

I agree, we need to chime in when we can... I have been busy lately... good things happening at work for me... our Project Manager has turned in his resignation and that was scary for a while since our company has gotten so small lately and projects are only trickling in at a slow pace... but I was actually hired to become a PM here 5 years ago but as I am the only female here I have just kind of been pushed into being the HR Manager, Office Manager and all around "gofer girl". Well I went to the owner and asked for some additional training to get my certification (PMP) and move into the now vacant PM position and I was told yes. I start my class at the end of August and am hoping this will lead to a better position and a better salary. Very good news for me.

I leave for vacation next Wednesday but will chime in when I can while I am away.

Ariana: Awesome job on the W/I! Good news about the new apartment! I am sure that you will be much happier there even if it means more work for you to get there.

Judy: Brush off the gain... you know what to do and I agree with what the gal in your meeting said... set your goal and don't stop until you get there...

I have to run but will check back later on!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 AM   #7  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Ariana, weigh to go! : I am thrilled for you that you lost another 2#. YOu are doing great.

Princess,
Terrific that you spoke up and will be receiving the additional training to get even a better job. Very cool. You know you can do it, and you asked the right person to set that new success in motion. Yay!

Salt and heat are playing havoc with my weight. I don't for a minute think that I have a new 3# on me, but I've got to tackle this every day to make sure that whatever it is goes away.

Very busy days here--planning ahead for almost everything. Actually ordered Halloween costumes with my dh yesterday. Every year we have a Halloween bash, but with the bridal shower and then wedding coming up, I'm working on getting things "done". I'm sure you understand. Take care, be well,and keep on drinking that water.
Judy
234.6/222/thinner into onederland
Old 07-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #8  

Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? I managed to sleep last night because I took some Ambien, so I feel more human today -- not good, but better. I plan on packing tonight and this weekend, so nothing too exciting planned. I am going to speed dating Monday though. I'm currently fighting with my complex about how much they want to sever my lease early, considering that I'm leaving because they cannot manage their own noise tenants. That's very stressful, and if they push me I'll give in and pay them what they demand, but I have to at least try to fight it, since they're basically telling me that they know they failed to make the place habitable, but that's irrelevant to my breaking my lease. I have been a perfect tenant for them, so it really ticks me off, you know? ANYWAY, I am moving to a great new place, a house, not an apartment, actually, a two bedroom that is farther from work but closer to my gym, with relatively new (within the last year) tile floors and appliances, and my own washer/dryer. It will be great to be able to sleep at night.

I've been thinking about why I lose weight this week. I had previously been allotting myself more than my base (24 and then 22) to get rid of my dizziness, thinking I wasn't eating enough. That did work, but I was also eating my flex and exercise points. The good news is that it was easy to maintain that way, so it looks like my maintenance points per day is probably around 24. The bad news is that it was hard to lose that way, but I was reluctant to "give up" my flex points in order to increase my intake during the week -- I wanted to save my flex points for the weekend. But this weekend I only ended up using about 20 flex points, and I alloted myself two extra points per day. I just don't to use those flex points during the week, so once the weekend was over, they just sat there. But I realized after W/I Thursday that by leaving those 15 points "in the bank", I was effectively eating exactly what I was supposed to -- 20 points per day (my minimum), plus 2 flex points per day (14 per week), and then I used the remaining 20 on the weekend. It's hard to "give up" those points, but I love losing two pounds in one week, so I'm going to try that again this week (spreading out 2 of my flex points per day and not giving myself any "free extra points" and then using my 20 remaining flex points on the weekend.) Whew. That's a lot to get out, but I guess I was running it by you guys to get your feedback. We'll see how it works out this week.

Princess: Thank you! I am so excited to lose the weight. Re the new work opportunities: That's great news. I hope to maybe be a PMP someday or a manager, so I admire you. I've studied the basics of PM, and I do a lot of PM work here at my company, since we're relatively small (about 50 employees now.) We can talk slack diagrams and EST and LST. Enjoy your vacation!

Judy: Thank you very much! I was quite excited about it too. It's great to lose 2 pounds after weeks of losing less than a pound, gaining less than a pound, then repeat. You can hack it. The heat is awful. Salt can definitely do that to you. What are you guys dressing up as? Yes, we understand...

Anyway, back to work...take care, ladies!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:29 PM   #9  
Chick

Ariana,
Good luck with getting out of your lease with the least $damage possible! I'm sure you'll keep your cool and make a good case. In any event, your new home sounds great and you'll love the peace and quiet and privacy.
Hey, I think the way you handled your points makes sense. If you repeat it and lose more than a pound this week, I think you'll have arranged something very good for yourself. :

Princess, good luck with all you're doing.

I'm doing well and the weight is going down again. Yay! I have to figure out what to have for dinner tomorrow because all sorts of family will be here and we'll be doing wedding preparations again. I spent a lot of the last two days typing wedding invitation addresses, and then I did a really nice thing for my daughter---I anticipated who will be giving her shower and then wedding gifts, bought classic thank you notes, and typed addresses for them on the computer. this way she'll just have to write the notes, not address them.

As far as Halloween, depending on my weight then I can be a "Miss Understood" beauty contestant, a country witch, a knight, or a gray ghostly kind of thing. We ordered extra costumes which were dirt cheap right now and the extras can be available for our kids and if they don't need them, we can dress the "skeletons" that we use for a display at Halloween. Sounds like fun and I'm glad to have taken care of that.

You all take care, be well, drink your water, and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
Old 07-16-2007, 08:54 AM   #10  

Morning all...

W/I went well, down .8 which is not great but I will take it... I went to the store last week and just to see if I could I tried on a pair of size 12 jeans, they fit! They were a bit tight but I got the zipper up and the button closed . I did not buy them as they were too tight to be comfortable yet but I am hoping to be able to go and get a pair in a month or so! Very exciting... I have never been a size 12...

Ariana: Best wishes in your apartment issues, they are hard to deal. My DS has the same problem with one out here... he ended up just paying the money to make them go away.

Judy: Costumes sounds great! Great job on the W/L!

I have to run, busy today.

I will check back later on.
Princess
Old 07-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #11  
Chick

Dear Turtles,
I'm on the run to babysit my grandson, but wanted to say hi. My food over the weekend was excellent even though we were very busy. Take care and do well today!
Judy
Old 07-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #12  
Chick

Princess,
on trying on the size 12's!!!! That is amazing and must make you so happy. You are closer and closer to where you want to be.
Yay!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #13  

Judy: Thanks! It was a very cool feeling for them to fit even if they were tight.

All: I am on vacation starting tomorrow... I will try and check in when I can.

Have a great week and I will talk to you all soon!
Princess
Old 07-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Hi, I'm in Weight Watchers at Work. This is my 3rd 10 week period. I lost 10 the first 10 weeks but gained 5 the last. I'm more determined this time.

Princess: I love your Emerson quote. It sure applies to weight loss!!!!!

Thursday is weigh in day. I've been excercising. I took better control over my weekend eating--which was my goal for the week. BUT

Today I had my first team meeting with my new co-workers. Guess who bought the snacks? Me. What did I bring? Granny rolls. How many did I eat? 2. BUT I DID COUNT THEM!!!
Piano51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm about as absent minded as they come. I keep not checking in with gals. I'm having a hard time to get into the swing of things. The bottom of my feet have been hurting me sooo bad, and flexing my ankles doesn't feel so awesome either. First thing in the morning it takes quite awhile for me to quit walking like a ninety year old woman. My rheumatologist had me take prednisone for awhile to see if it was my RA. I'm still not sure.

I think I'm in a catch 22 here. I think most of the pain in my feet is from being overweight but it hurts too bad to exercise much so weight loss stinks. I'm supposed to be getting my weight down and my cholesterol under control. I have an appt. with my regular doc to follow up on that and so far I've gained weight and not lost anything.

I will take any suggestions you girls have. Just kick em out to me. catch you later. I need to get to my sisters to plan the big party for all the July birthdays.

Check back later...

christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote