Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #1  

Cool Coconut Telegraph

We are a reunited group trying to get back on track with exercise and losing weight. We welcome all who choose to join us on our quest for healthier lifestyles!
Summerrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Default Hi, I am new to this web site! hehehehe

Gee, I hope you will allow me to join this group. I am a newbie........

Aw, who am I kidding. It is great to be here and feel welcome. Forgive my moment of temporary insanity.

Thus far today I have been a good girl. Got my 2.4 miler in on the treadmill watching the news (can't do that during the school year!), drank a ton of water and have been pretty good eating. Evenings have been awful for me. But my diet jello awaits me.....keep hoping that that will keep me out of trouble. Not sure which day I am going to a meeting- it looks like Friday right now.

I do hope that we can get another previous member to join us also. Would LOVE to see her here....... Thanks for starting the new thread.
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #3  

Cool :hug:

Hey girl!!! I didn't eat a lot today because DD had a play date that required a lot of my attention. I didn't have time to get into trouble. In the AM, I did a 30 minutes aerobics tape...the first time I've exercised in a coon's age. It wasn't bad with the A/C blasting on me. I had been doing WW online during the spring and lost 9 pounds. My budget doesn't allow me to continue, so I'm doing it on my own. I will REALLY need the support I get here to help me stay O.P. Okay, we are short one and then we are complete.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #4  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hello. I hope that there is room for at least one more here! I was drawn in by the Jimmy Buffet reference and perhaps an email or two! I am beginning a quest for a body that weighs less, has fewer aches and pains as well as taking up less space on the Hatteras seashore come next June. I have various health / eating / food / brain issues that I need to deal with NOW. (Yes, again!)

I spent today in a staff development in a class regarding computers so there was NO option for eating during the day beyond lunch time! I did fairly well with dinner but am now suffering from a severe stomach ache for some reason. I've got homework to do for class but hope that while my stomach is feeling gross I can get it done and end the day with a WATP tape (IF I can get the thick layer of protective dust off of it!). My stomach sure doesn't feel well.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that the two of you are here!
(((I've missed you both so very much!)))

take care,
meeee

Last edited by HatterasMermaid; 07-09-2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spelling...what ELSE!?!
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:42 PM   #5  

Talking I Feel Good...

WE'RE BAAAAAAACK!!!!!!! And doesn't it feel good?!
Ms. Mermaid, I hope your tummy feels better...maybe you shouldn't push it tonight. You can always exercise tomorrow. What's with professional development in the middle of the summer? YUCK!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:01 AM   #6  

Cool HHH (Hazy, Hot, & Humid)

It's a HOT ONE!!! But that's okay with me! I've been waiting for this, and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm taking DD to the movies during the hottest midday temps, and then we'll immerse ourselves in the pool.

I'm on program at the moment. I need to bring some healthy snacks to the movies...I tend to overdo it there. I exercised on my recumbent bike for 30 minutes with the A/C blasting this morning while watching my soaps on the DVR. There was an emergency weather report about the scorching temps which showed a stupid woman running in NYC midday in the HEAT! What an idiot!!! Here I was burning calories and sweating in my nice temperature controlled conditions taking good care of my body while this crazy lady endangered her well-being. People think they are invincible...but a woman I know just had a massive coronary resulting in emergency surgery and she is only 47. By the way, she isn't a smoker and is skinny as could be. We have to take care of ourselves. This should be a motivator to not only lose weight, but find healthy ways to manage stress.

Have a great day! I'll check in later.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!
Ms Mermaid- gee, that title os so appropriate! Me thinks it fits!!!!!!!
Glad to see you here, my dear. Hope your tummy is feeling better. Are you back on WW? (I know neither of you is doing meetings.....). Hope you got your WATP tape in. As our friend from NE says, you can always start today.
I know it is hot in all of our states. How long is this professional development?
Hopefully just a day or so.

Summerrrr- glad you got your work out in. Are you drinking that water?? Ain't I a pain? Did you get some swimming in too?

Glad to be back in this forum. I missed you two also.
I did get my walk in already. And some yard work. Gee it is hot. Now if I can just stay away from the darned late night stress eating, I will be fine.
The late night stuff has been my downfall....big time.

Ok, I had better go do something productive. See ya later!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #8  

Cool HHH cont.

DD and I spent the afternoon in the movie theater. There just didn't seem to be a better place to be. We saw "License to Wed," and I laughed soooooo hard, I had to struggle not to wet my pants!!! There was plenty of innuendo, but nothing inappropriate for my little tween. She enjoyed it as much as I did. The critic reviews weren't great, but since I'm a HUGE Robin Williams fan, I chanced it, and it was well worth it. I am definitely purchasing it when it comes to DVD. We stopped at Walgreens and bought Smartfood popcorn, bottled water, Swedish Fish, and Mini M&M's. I chose to skip lunch, ate the popcorn and Swedish Fish instead along with the water so I'm still well within my points.

DD and I will be venturing out into our HHH backyard to hide in the pool for a while till we cool off enough for dinner.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Glad you enjoyed the movie. Last really funny movie I saw was Night AT the Museum. Guess I have another one to see now! Was is appropriate for your Dd- guess the question is better worded, did she think it was funny?
Congrats on the wise snack choices. Swedish Fish count as a low fat protein, right? Hehehehe.

IF I behave myself for the rest of the day, my eating should be ok. I did have some chocolate midday.......blew out a bunch of points, but have a lovely salad planned for dinner. I like salad, so that is no hardship at all. Got plenty of gardening done, the outside is starting to look ok......better.....it was looking pretty overgrown.
Enjoy your evening!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #10  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

yo yo yo whats going on gurlies?

did not get in the WATP tape last night due to very odd achy stomach. don't know what was up with THAT...but it is gone now...so when I'm done with this post I will be sliding into my sneakers and bra and hitting play...unless I can develop a tummy ache while writing! (snort, hoot!)

spent today in class learning how to make web pages. (this was the 2nd day in a row for THIS and well, I'm OVER IT!) tomorrow will be spent on two more groovy topics that are NON computer related...can't take more 'puting all day for a while! I am 1/2 way done... but will admit to taking 1 day more than minimum...cause when I signed up for it I was on fire about making a web page. O.M.Golly! WHAT was I thinking?

well within points for today! cause of you girlies, I took my own salad and WORLDS SMALLEST cupcakes with me for lunch! Having trouble getting all of the water in as I'm outta practice....but I will get there....maybe not tonight but today was more water than yesterday which was more water than well you got the idea!

glad you people are staying cool and getting stuff done.... I'll add that movie to my MUST RENT list.... I've GOT to get into our attic tonight to continue on my quest for ridding it o' poo but I've got to get that darn tape done first so that I have something to talk about in the morning!

(((Hugs ya'll!)))
Ms. Mermaid (hehehehe!)
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #11  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Did it! Leslie and all the friends seemed SO happy to see me! ....and it DID feel good; however, I WAS so happy it came to an end! I did it! Now cheer for me!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #12  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Hey girlies, I am too going to join your group...<please? can I ? huh, huh?> I have restarted WW (I do it on my own with all the info from meetings) and so far so good. I have been doing...ok, ready for this? Carmen Electra's aerobic striptease for the past two days. Its a good work out (I have only done 30 mins of it so far) and fun too. I went over in my points yesterday but its all good, Thats why there are flex points right? And it wasnt that bad, I made some 1 point banana oatmeal muffins and had a few too many of them. Could have been take5 or something else, so I am not beating myself up. I am totally committed to this again, and think today I may meet up with Leslie for a walking group . Thaks for having me and continued success on our endeavors.....we CAN do this!
kellyjoiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #13  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey ya'll! Welcome to the group kellijoiii! We are glad to have you! Texas? YIKES.... I can't imagine how warm it is there today as it is VERY hot and sticky here in VA! Yes, 1 point muffins are much "better" than eating a take5 (OMGolly, aren't THOSE candy bars summmmmin?)...and yes again to "that is what flex points are for!"

I spent my 3rd day in inservice training classes... today was all about classroom management with a wonderful presenter! So. Twas all okay! Lunch was out of my control for some part and I made the best choices that I could! I steered clear of the desserts and THAT, my friends was HUGEEEEEEEEE!

Once I recoop from giving up yet another day of my precious summer vacation, sigh, I have to cook dinner and then meet up with my perky friend Ms.Leslie and her other little perky friends to WATP.... Tonight I am going to do the wittle one again as I'm pretty sure that anything more at this point will cause me to keel over and die and well, I have yet another day of classes so I must be able to walk tomorrow. (Man, is THAT a great excuse or WHUUUUT?)

I'll check in later on tonight to see how ya'll have moved your fannies today! Hope you have all managed to stay cool and within your points too!

til later,
take care,
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 07-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #14  

Cool Welcome!

It is so nice to have a newbie on our thread! We are a very lighthearted bunch, when we aren't *****ing and moaning...you will find Ms. Mermaid's rantings and ravings rather humorous by the way!!! I guess we should do a quick bio for you:

I'm Summer. I'm 42, a married mommy of a 9 year-old, and a pre-k teacher in an inner city public school. I'm artistic, musical, and sing in my church choir. I love to laugh; love Jimmy Buffett; margaritas; all things coconut including the discontinued Yankee Candle, "Coconut Bay" candles, Banana Boat coconut scented suntan lotion, Back To Basics "Coconut Mango Shampoo & Conditioner;" love tropical weather; live in the northeast but am heading south to Florida when DD finishes high school and DH takes early retirement. Chocolate, prime rib, shrimp, and pancakes are my favorite foods. I love to read contemporary romance novels, particularly humorous ones. I'm not even a little bit athletic except for being able to swim. I hate exercise, so when I've written that I exercised today, it is a BIG DEAL. I need to lose about 70 more pounds. The first 25 came on in my early 20's when my mother died of cancer. The rest came on during my pregnancy. 10 years later, I still have a long way to go, however, Weight Watchers seems to be the ticket.

Ms. Mermaid & Ginger: You should do a bio for Kellyjoiii.

Today, DD had a playdate. It has been on the verge of storming all day, but they were able to swim in the pool because it hasn't come yet. I like this friend. She's a happy child and low-maintenance. After some of the winners I've had to deal with so far this summer, it was refreshing to have a nice, normal girl over to play.

DH grilled hamburgers and I can't get "Cheeseburger in Paradise" out of my head. I like mine with sliced dill pickles and ketchup. How do you like yours?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Gee, Summer, after the day I have had, I am not even sure that I am able to write my own bio! Kids and their hormones galore........think I am losing the little bit of sanity that I have.

Glad to hear that Ms Mermaid is getting her dates with Leslie in! Kelly- welcome to our insane little group. And please ignore Summer's comments about Ms Mermaids rants and raves. Well, they outdo anything you will ever hear or see on Comedy Channel.......and we love our Ms Mermaid to bits.
Funny as all get out and a great lady to boot.
Not to be outdone by Ms Summer.......who is also quite capable of making me howl too! Seriously, Kelly, Ms Summer and Ms Mermaid are great ladies. Welcome. And welcome to WW. It is a great program.
BTW Ms Summer, I have been on veggie burgers for quite awhile....and those I like with lots of ketchup.

Today was busy, and I actually slept in!!!!!!!! Got up at 8:15! This is unheard of, I am usually up and at it by 5:30. But it felt good.
Somebody puhleeze come to my house and find where I hid my sister in law's bday card?! I had it in my hands 2 days ago, and not it is gone. Gotta get it in the mail Friday at the latest. Now I am going wacky trying to find it. Ok, ok wackier than normal. BTW, I did get my walk in. And if I can be a good girl, am withing points for the day. Just gotta keep out of the kitchen for the rest of the day.

Perhaps, this has been the most dysfunctional post I have ever left. And if you can make any sense out of it, you must be a genius.
Have a great evening.
Ginger