View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #6
rockinrobin
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well this maintenance stuff is all brand new to me. But I have come to realize quite early on in my journey, thanks to 3FC, that maintenance will be no different to me then losing. Perhaps if I'm lucky I'll get to eat a couple of hundred extra calories a day. Maybe.

So that means the same exericse routine, the same planning, the same foods, the same calorie counting, portion control, the same resisting tempation, the same getting on the scale every single day and yes - the same obsessing over my weight. I find that obsession to be an added bonus though. Or what is we like to say - that dedication. I am prepared to do this forever and ever. Wish me luck.

I DO think I can resist that donut for the rest of my life. I am so happy with the way things are going, that's the way I feel - 99.9% of the time, that is. And hopefully, hopefully - that'll be good enough.

I hear people say all the time, "But how can you live like that? How can you deprive yourself for so long? " The real question should be "How did I USED to live like I was living?" What I USED to do was depriving myself - of a happy and healthy life.

Meg, I do have a question though. You mentioned that a simple blood test would reveal you are a reduced obese person. Would you mind explaining just exactly those tests would show. I'm curious.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote