View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
Glory87

S/C/G: 200/Ethan born 1-11-13/130

Wonderful discussions Meg, I really appreciate your effort!

Personally, I do not feel it is a punishment or deprivation never to have a Krispy Kreme donut again (I haven't had one since the day I started). If not eating donuts and counting calories every day is the price I pay for my size 6 pants, I consider it a VERY fair price. What Ennay said is definitely true for me, so I don't eat donuts, I eat a lot of really yummy stuff. It's not like "no donuts or ANYTHING pleasurable for the rest of my life" there is still a lot of pleasure in food.

I will be food journaling, menu planning, weighing myself weekly, saying "no" to my never foods (fast food, soda, creamy sauce, fried foods, packaged baked goods) and estimating calories for the rest of my life. If I don't, I will regain the weight I lost. All the other weight loss attempts, I eventually "quit" dieting and I always gained all the weight back and more. This was the first time I said "there is no end." This is the first time I've kept the weight off - 2 years, 5 months

Is it self control? Good habits? Ridding my body of junk cleared out my crazy sugar cravings? Celebrating my own good health? I still have no idea why this time "clicked" and every other time didn't.

My very long weight loss story

"I saw an angel in the marble and I chiseled until I set it free."
Michelangelo

Last edited by Glory87 : 07-10-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote