Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 09:52 PM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~#138

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:27 PM   #2  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Evening to all~~Boy I'm late or early one. I'm just so busy I can't find time to do anything extra, and it's going to get busier, fishing is starting. I'm still working on the room. I spent all day yesterday in town, one or another. I couldn't find a border I wanted to come up with a way I can make it myself without standing on a ladder and painting. I bought some cheap border in two sizes. Four inch at the top and 6 in the middle. I bought a lighter gray and I'm painting the border that color. I just got through drawing up a template of leaves and those I will put on the painted border. Some of the leaves will lap over onto the wall off the border. I thank it will be very pretty, but will take much time to do. I like doing that sort of a thing though. I'll take pictures about a year from now when I finish. Right now I have bran muffins baking for hubby. I have to get up at 3 in the morning too, he's working over time.

Jo Jo~~As I've already said I'm pushing it to just try to get done what I need to each day. I was sleeping so good this morning when I had to get up. I usually go to bed at 10:00 and by 12:30 I'm up going to the bathroom. Last night I went to bed at 9:00 and I heard the TV on at 2:30 and I hadn't even woke up once. Very good idea about the paint, but I have decided to stick with what I have going. I hope your food is still going well.

Skeeter~~I seen you was on line when I copied these post down to answer. I bet you start a new thread, and I've already started one. You do just like I do when you get on the phone, talk 90 miles a min and still forget half of what you meant to say. I was nice to talk to you. I have one of the ATT cards on the way for you. You can call lots when you get it. Send that picture back to me again, I want to save that. You need to put that one in the album, it's a nice picture. In July here you can tan your skin with a fan it's so hot. We've had some really good rain for two days now. I heard on the TV a few min ago that we are going to have some heavy rains tonight. It's going to mess up our fishing this week end. MUDDY WATER!!!!

Jen~~The Hospital where you work needs to get with it, my daughter gets 100.00 bonus for extra work. I'm assuming you own your own home since your talking about having all that work done on it. That's great someone who is single and owning their on home. I worked a few years ago and spent the money on fencing our whole yard except the drive way. Of course I put it in myself. I dug 97 holes, I still remember very well. However we don't have any rock in our soil. You'll enjoy being able to put the dog out and now worry about it getting run over.
Well the muffins are ready to come out of the oven and I'm ready to go to bed.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:36 AM   #3  

Hi All

Just a very quick post to let you know that I'm alive and missing you all.

Unfortunately, we all go through some "dark" periods in our lives and I seem to be going through one myself right now. Which is why I have been so scarce - it seems to be taking all of the engery that I have.

I am just so happy that I have my running. It gives me a chance to escape and clear my mind and have moments of sanity. I haven't missed a run yet and am now at just over 30 miles per week.

So once I work through a few things I promise to come back. However, it might not be until May. I honestly haven't even been coming into read - so I'm not sure how everyone is doing. Well I hope.

For any of you who have my personal e-mail address, please feel free to use it. I am trying to stay on top of that at least.

All the best to my dear friends.

Happy Easter.

I hope to be back sooner than later.

Tobey
Old 03-20-2002, 05:27 PM   #4  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey everyone

I got half of my house cleaned today and should be able to finish the other half tomorrow. We got a new thermostat installed today and I haven't been able to get it adjusted yet. It is 84 degrees outside and I am freezing right now. I keep setting it higher but it is so different than the old one, that it is going to take some time and patience.

Marlana~Thank you for sending the phone card, that was soooo sweet of you. I will send the picture again and I'll put it in the album one of these days. I think it turned out really good too even if I am fat. I don't normally want anyone to see pictures of me but I'm not ashamed of that one. My friend printed an 8 x 10 of it and I framed it and hung it on the wall in the living room. We have a cold front on the way here but not much chance of rain. I was out watching the fire plane and the helicopters fight a wildfire that is just across the river. I guess the wildfires have started for us again this year. I am so looking forward to our bass fishing trip on Tuesday that our friends are treating us to. I would never have the money to hire a bass guide so I am going to enjoy this trip to the fullest.

Jen~Hubby saw the doctor yesterday and it is confirmed that he has asthma. Evidently, he hasn't been getting much oxygen at all. Doc put him on an inhaler twice a day. We dropped the script off at the pharmacy at 4 and was told that it wouldn't be ready until 8. This is 'good' news for people that live out in the woods. It is 1 1/2 hour drive round trip. We had no choice but to come home and then go back last night. I told hubby that I would take the dogs and ride with him to keep him company. It's always fun to count the deer that we see after dark. There were 7 of them last night. That is a good idea to get the assignments done while the weather is cold. Especially, since this is the last of it for you. You won't know what to do with yourself when school is over.

JoJo~We were joking around and talking about putting all the fans back in the boxes and taking them back. Maybe we better just keep them though in case this thing gives out again during hot weather. I figure that if we developed one leak, chances are good for getting another one. We'll have to start saving some money to replace this unit. Money is very tight right now with us being on a fixed income but with enough time we can build up that savings account. Having to treat for termites before the end of the year really put a big hole in our savings account. It would sure help if we started staying home more. We need to just enjoy the time with our friends because they will be heading back up north soon and then we will be spending too much time at home.

Tobey~I hope that you feel better soon. I'm sure we all know about the dark days and can sympathize with you. You do what you need to do for yourself and come back when you can. I'll add you to my prayers.

I need to go whip something up for dinner. I have some salad that is already cut up and bunches of Lean Cuisine dinners. Y'all have a great evening.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:16 AM   #5  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
I'm finally back; Jeff's been sick for the last few days and parked himself in front of the computer, of course. I didn't have the heart to shove him away so I could do anything on here. Poor lamb went back to work today, but he still doesn't feel well; he sounds to me like he has a kidney infection/stone/something wrong, but of course he won't go to the doctor; he isn't dying yet.
Anyway, we're doing okay other than sickness/pestilence. I have PMS, though, and I'm afraid to weigh; I've been eating everything except the paint off the walls for the last two days. I have a luncheon with my oldest today--she was chosen for the character trait "honesty" for the fourth grade and gets her award today. That's pretty good for only being in the school two months, I think.
Hope you all are doing good---I know Tobey's not up to par lately---hope you feel better, dear; I have those times, too; I know how you feel, and hope you're doing better. Exercise is very good for you now, so keep up the running! Come back as soon as you can.
Skeeter, Mama, Jen, JoJo, everybody, have a wonderful day! Love you all, and I'll be back tomorrow if Little Man goes to work....if not, I'll see if he feels like connecting up the oldest's computer to the internet so I can use hers in her bedroom when he's out here. I know he loaded the ISP on it, but he hasn't run her a phone line.....anyway, I'll try and get in here more often than I have been. I haven't even checked my email in two weeks!
Love you! Have a good one.
Sally
Old 03-22-2002, 10:09 AM   #6  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning Ladies~~Making myself take a few min. to write to you all. I've been so busy working on wall paper border. Mostly gathering up suplies. I thank I have what I need now, but I'll be working on this one for a long time. It is slow and time comsuming. I thank I will like it when I'm finished. It is so cold here, it was 19 this morning. Our weather doesn't know what to do. And the poor trees are getting thier buds nipped. My food is still a problem, I don't know when I might get my act together. Is anyone else having a problem, or is it just me???

Tobey~~Sorry to hear that you won't be in for a while. Also sad to hear about a dark time in your life. I hope it ends soon and you can come back and write. We've come to care about you a great deal. Keep on running.

Skeeter~~OK, your house is clean and mine ain't. What can we do about that. I don't have time, and it seems that you have some extra time, how about you running over to my house and helping out. I would trust you to do some cleaning for me. The phone card is suppose to be on the way to me, as soon as I get it here, it'll be on it's way to you. I was looking forward to going fishing this week end, but it ain't going to happen. It's too cold and all the streams are muddy from all the rain.

Sally~~Good to have you back, sounds like your house is running about normal. I don't have to share my puter, and believe me I don't want to either. Congrats on the "honesty" award, thats nice. How come I don't have your email address?? It just dawned on me I don't have it in my address book. I used to...what happened to it???? Is it still at Yahoo??

I guess that is it for today. It's back to painting leaves for me. I need to get one section done today so I can fasten that cabinet to the wall for good. Have a great day everyone. Jo Jo where you at??
Old 03-22-2002, 10:47 AM   #7  

Good Morning.

Its day one of my long weekend off. I have an eye appointment today. Its been a couple years since I last had my eyes tested and thought it was time to get it done again. I've never completely adjusted to bifocals since getting these glasses. I think the bifocal needs to be a little stronger or someone needs to work with me on using them correctly.

I don't really have plans this weekend, a group from dh's veterans group is going to the gambling boat by bus and he wants to go but I hate to spend that money with just a slight chance of bringing anymore back home with us. Plus, I get started and I just dont want to stop.

Dh was told by his boss that the guy who owns the property is selling so everyone is going to be out of a job before long. The property owner has his owner dealership and I think he wants the business of trailer repair himself. Thats so crappy but not much can be done. The buyers want the whole property. So dh is already starting to look around for something else. Dh really likes this job, really likes his boss to. I'm not near as upset as I was last time. I think we'll be ok till something comes along as he'll have no trouble with unemployment this time.

Marlana, I just missed posting before you this morning. I was just finishing my post and got knocked off line. Oh, you are so much more patient than I am. I do not picture myself hanging wall paper or border. My mil did a room once and it took them forever to finish it. It was a pattern where you had to match everything up. Yesterday was a crappy food day for me. Too much junk food at work. And I'm such a carb addict its terrible. Carbs have always been my downfall and I need to find some sort of food plan that can help me with that. I know I couldn't give them up completely. Dh wants to lose weight to so its got to be something we both can do. I've been thinking about checking out Somersizing. Its food combining. You can have all the fats you want but carbs, you don't eat them with certain foods but can have them at other times of the day. I may see if I can get the book at the library before I buy it.

Sally, thats great your dd was honored for being honest. I think stuff like that is good for kids and I wish they'd done stuff like that when I was a kid. Maybe I'd of done better and liked school better. I was just so shy and I think people just forgot about me but it seems like they try to draw kids out more now than they used to.

Skeeter, It is cold here today. Yesterday it was cold and windy and overnight it was supposed to drop down to 13 degrees. The weekend isn't supposed to be much better except for tomorrow is supposed to get up to 50. So much for spring. We were watching some squirrels out the window at work yesterday and I started thinking about you. This one is so funny. There is a small tree that has these red berries on it and the berries are all gone in the convenient and sturdiest places so he gets down on these little skinny branches to eat, falls off, gets back on, falls off. Its hillarious. I just love their faces. Do you think you'll ever see your babies again?

Tobey, I hope things start looking up for you soon. We all go thru those times and just need some time to ourselves. I'm really glad you have your running to. Remember we are here if you need to "talk".

Well, I'm going to get going now. Take care everyone.

Old 03-22-2002, 12:00 PM   #8  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey everyone

This weather is so crazy here. Today is a wonderful spring day with temps in the 60's. I love it!!! For two weeks we have had temps in the high 80's everyday. This is what spring is supposed to feel like.

Marlana~You really have a lot of patience to sit and paint that border that way. I can do stuff like that when it is either really cold or really hot outside. It is going to be hard to stay in the house today with this beautiful weather. My amaryllis are getting big and ready to open. Everything is getting green. We still have dogwoods, redbuds and azaleas blooming too. I can't even imagine 19 degrees now. I think that was our coldest temperature this winter and I thought I was freezing. I guess we Floridians are really spoiled aren't we. I would love to come help you clean house and when we were through we could go fishing. I sure wish that we lived closer so that we could visit each other once in a while. Wouldn't it be fun to spend the day in each others kitchens?

Sally~Congratulations on the way that you have raised your girls. You must be so proud because we are sure proud of you!!!! I have always been very proud to be an honest person myself. It must show on my face. There was a guy selling little cups of food for the animals at Silver Springs when we were there. He had to leave just as I got to his table and he told me to just put my money in the cup if I wanted some. Then called over his shoulder as he left for me to sell some to the next group if I wanted. I am so glad that I don't have to share my computer with anyone. Good luck with getting your other one set up.

JoJo~I'm sorry to hear that your husband is going to have to hunt for a job again. It's too bad that the one he likes so well is going to end. Maybe he'll find an even better one. I think one of my babies has come home to nest. She brought her boyfriend with her and took him to her old nestbox. My husband made a wooden box for those babies to sleep in. We hung it in the largest oak tree after they all left home and they played in it occasionally. This past week we have watched a pair of squirrels playing in it again. All the wild squirrels have acted scared of the box so I believe this is one that I raised. I put a handful of peanuts out everyday. If I am late getting out there, a squirrel will sit in the closest tree and stare into the patio doors waiting for someone to see her and bring the peanuts. It is really cute.

Today is my lazy day. My friends are having a housewarming party this evening that I am helping with so I took the morning off. I need to go get a bath and fix my hair as soon as I get off this thing. Y'all have a great evening too.
Old 03-23-2002, 10:48 AM   #9  

Good morning girlfriends. I just wanted to come in and say Happy Weekend. I'm off till Tuesday and I'm even thinking about taking Tuesday off. I'll have to think on it some more.

I went to the eye dr yesterday and my bifocal had to be strenghthened 3 times so thats part of the reason why I haven't adjusted to it very well. I was just going to get new lenses for the glasses I have now but then my insurance will pay up to a certain amount for a new frame so I found a really cute pair of frames. They are smaller than what I've got now. Over the years my glasses just keep getting smaller but the best part is how light they are. I could barely feel them on me. So I'm thinking of getting prescription sunglass lenses in the frames I've got now. They adjusted the nose pads and around my ears and I can see much better than I could. I remembered I had to pull the nose pads apart because my sinuses had my eyes really puffy and my glasses were really bothering my undereyes. I still want them to work with me on how to see out of the bifocal again tho.

I was thinking about running out to the mall today but I've got so much to do around here, I may just do housework instead. My house really needs a good cleaning anyway. I've got several stacks of old mail I need to go thru and probably throw most of it away and I wouldn't mind re-arranging the furniture in the living room.

Skeeter, oh, I'm sure you'll probably have some squirrel grandchildren now that she's brought her boyfriend home. I just think they are about the cutest things. Oh and rabbits. If I didn't have a cat, I think I'd get me a pet bunny except I'm not sure how my dog would react to that. She probably wouldn't care much for one. I agree with you about temps in the 60's. I love that to. 75 year around would be perfect. Not to hot and not cold.

Hi to everyone else. I've got to get going now and think about what I want to get started on first. Take care and have a good weekend.

Its now almost 4:00 and I just got home from the mall and I'm so excited. Shhhhhhhhhhh, dont tell anyone but I bought myself a new ring, a diamond cluster ring. It was 70% off and I couldn't pass it up. I haven't told dh yet. Kinda scared to. Its being sized right now so I have some time to tell him. I'm soooo bad.

Last edited by PeekabooICU; 03-23-2002 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:00 PM   #10  

Wow, not much traffic in here this week. I hope we are all busy with spring activities. It isn't quite warm enough yet. The crazy weathermen have been predicting snow for this weekend, but it's 45 degrees now. Not likely! Boy am I glad for that.

I've been very busy all week. I worked last weekend, sat thru tues, spent a day of school at the hospital on wed, and worked thurs and fri. Yesterday I went out with dear bf. Today I'm not leaving the house. Mom went to spend the weekend with her parents, so I'm enjoying my house to myself.

I went in to see my doctor on Friday. I've been having chest pain a couple times a week all winter. It's pretty atypical, but it has been just about every day this week. Since my dad was 46 when he died from a huge heart attack, and I have Raynauds disease, which causes spasms of my vessels, I thought I'd get checked out. I'm probably ok, but I won't stop worrying until I find out for sure. I'm having an echocardiogram stress test Tuesday afternoon. That'll be strange, with one of the cardiologists I work with. Anyway, with Raynauds, the spasms are triggered by cold and stress, which is when I have most of the pain. I'm not sure how I really want it to turn out, either I have a heart problem, or anxiety. UGH.

Jojo- What a nice long weekend. I've put in for some each month all summer. Your new glasses sound nice. Every year when I get my check up, my prescription is a little bit stronger. Up until 8 years ago, I didn't even wear them at all. I guess I must be getting old!

Skeeter- You know, the high 80's sound wonderful to me. I can just feel the sun, warm, bright. My yard is just now starting to turn green again. But we still have over a month when we could get a decent snow. Man, I hope not. Your squirrels sound cute. One fell out of my tree this winter. There was a hole in the snow with a trail running back to the tree. That would have been funny to see.

Marlana- ohhh, wall paper and border. I'm glad I've got all of that done in my house. I do need to repaint the kitchen, which will include replacing the border, but it's along the chair rail so it's not too hard. Did you ever get the paint done on your furniture project?

Sally- Ugh, the pms. I get it for like almost 2 weeks. I'm glad I have a 6 week cycle though. I'd weigh 300lbs otherwise! Congrats to your daughter and her honesty award. It's nice to see the school is acknowledging something like that.

I guess that is about it for today. Don't know when I'll get in here next, so take care until then.

Jen
Old 03-24-2002, 04:53 PM   #11  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey everyone

I just have time for a quick note. My computer has shut down on me twice already. This is my third attempt to get something posted. I think it is a problem in my surge protector so I have bypassed it and will see how that works.
We didn't get home from church until 2:30 today because we stayed for a luncheon to start off a revival. We are going back this evening and I am trying to get some laundry done. We are going back to Silver Springs tomorrow to see the second half and we are going fishing on Tuesday. I am looking forward to all of those things. The fishing trip is with a bass guide and almost guaranteed to catch bass. I know the guide and he is good. If I don't make it back in here, y'all will know why.

Marlana~I know that you are busy redecorating that room. Don't go crazy painting that border though. We all want to see a picture of the final results.

JoJo~I've been putting a few extra peanuts out every day to make sure they all get a treat. We are going to take a few peanuts with us tomorrow. I had a squirrel eating out of my hand the last time we went to Silver Springs and tried to follow us to the car. I also used to have a pair of rabbits but gave them away. I wanted them to live in the yard instead of a cage but they wanted to live under the house. Can't have that so I found them a home because I couldn't stand keeping them in a cage all the time. My sister-in-law had one for years that she let run around the house when she was home. It stayed in the spare room and was locked in a cage at night but played with the cat when it was loose. It was so cute. It is 80 today and supposed to be even warmer tomorrow. Our cold spells don't last long. Enjoy that new ring and I won't say a word.

Jen~Good luck with the tests. Let's pray for an anxiety problem because that would be easier to control. We actually had the heat on yesterday morning and this morning to take the chill off the house but I think the cold is over now. I finally got all my plants and bushes trimmed up and most everything is budding out. My Amaryllis has blooms getting ready to open any day now. It's really pretty when they open up before the dogwood blossoms are all gone. The squirrels fall out of the trees all the time around here but it would have been funny to see the one in your yard tunneling back to the tree.

I need to go finish this laundry. Y'all have a good Sunday and I'll be back Wednesday if not before.
Old 03-24-2002, 06:02 PM   #12  

Thumbs down Hello

HI all...I am new here...in fact this is only my second time I've written. I went to another one, but never heard anything...so figured they had their own group and didnt' want an outsider...AT any rate I am trying to GET and BE supportive...I have been walking, and trying to cut back...but it's HARD! I don't weigh in...don't do a special diet just try to be careful. I hope to find inspiration, and friendship here.

I am married, with two teenage boys...and a husband....DUH. LOL...

SO...if I can figure out HOW to get back here, I'll be back...hopefully you can all help me, and I will try to help you as well.

Thanks for the chance.

Dush
Old 03-24-2002, 08:53 PM   #13  

Evening all. I have been bad. I have made a pig of myself the last few days and I can only blame myself. But really I have had a very stressful few days. And I have relied on my friend food to help me get through it. That is one friend I wish I could do without. Friday I get to work and find out that one of my clients has been taken to the hospital. and if that was not bad enough. We found out around 9:00 that another of our client died that morning. Then in the afternoon, we found out that another client who had stayed with us while her mom had surgery a few weeks ago died on Monday. So I have needless to say been stressed. I love my job but I hate this part of it. You get so attached to them and to lose one is like losing part of your family.
I am going to get back on track tomorrow with my diet. I know that I have gained weight this week but I am going to weigh tomorrow anyway so that I will know where I stand. And to make matters worse, like they could be, I am pms ing.
Jen hope everything turns out ok with the doctor. Keep us posted.
Marlana I have not temped anythng with wall paper or border since we did my kitchen. Ever who build this hour must have been drunk or something because all the walls are bad out of wack. We measured down from the ceiling to put up the border the first time and when we go it up it all had to come back down because it was running down hill. Then we tried measuring from the floor not any better. So finially Bobby hung is and I stood back and told him which way to go. it may not be the straitest thing but it is up.
Well, better go. Hello to everyone else.
Also, Welcome Dush, you will find a great bunch of ladies here. They are very supportive and friendly. Keep coming back.
Teresa
Old 03-25-2002, 08:18 AM   #14  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~Hey some of you have wrote twice since I've been here. Decided I better get my big ol rump in here before I get throwed out. I was busy all week end working on my project. I sure wasn't busy fishing thats for sure, the wind blowed 90 to nothing all week end. One day our weather is warm and the next it's cold. Today is a cold day.Somebody is going to have to come down here and shoot me, except for Skeeter and I guess she would have to come UP here and shoot me. Me and my friend Food have got really close the last few days. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....Lord, I'm so addicted to eating. HELP!!! I'm a I'm going to do better this week. What a time to try and get on the wagon. Hubby has a mini vacation starting on Thursday. We might be taking off on a short fishing trip. I hope we do, I'm a little sick of this place. We didn't get to do much camping last year because of all the overtime at work. I've stayed on a food plan before when off on vacation and I can do it again.

Jo Jo~~Girl, I've got to have new glasses too. Hubby and I was talking about how blurry our TV has got. It isn't the TV, if I get close enough it really clear. Same for him. I got sunglasses, prescription, a few years ago, and with all the fishing I never used them much. It seems like I have to have both with me and was always changing them. I'm so sorry to hear about your dh job, thats terrible. If it wasn't for bad luck he wouldn't have any luck at all. I hope he can find something even better. The border would go up fast if I didn't have to paint it a solid color and then paint the leaves on it and then put it up...and then paint some more leaves coming off the border plus some stripes. I'm going to attach a picture and show you what I've been doing. I love rings, would love to see yours.

Skeeter~~Our weather is so screwed up the fish don't know what to do. We have buds on all the trees too. There's an old saying, "When the leaves on a dogwood tree is the size of a squirrels ear its Sandbass time. The squirrels ears are going to get froze off this year. By the way...the old saying is true. Tomorrow is you fishing trip, I bet you can't hardly wait. I'm as ready as I can be, except I'll have to roll into the boat. I would have put there, but it ain't funny anymore. I would love it if you lived closer too, but the kitchen is the last place we would need to be. It does sound like one of your babies has come home to raise her young. Maybe she has figured out that is she gets a boyfriend...fun part...she can have the babies...hard part...she could then through them out of the tree and you would rush out and get them and do the rest of the work.It could happen!!!

Jen~~I thank we are all busy, I know that I am. I'll be busy for the next few months. Hubby takes his vacations a day or two at a time in the spring so we can spend all our time on the water. Believe it or not, but fishing makes me as tired as working. What a time for me to start on a decorating project. What did I do all winter, I don't know??? I hope that heard test comes out OK girl. I would be afraid to take a stress test, I could have a heart attack. My hubby is so into health. He walks everyday, he as lost weight, he don't know how much he hasn't weighed. He now has started doing some things to make his legs and arms stronger. He don't want any sweets, hasn't had a pop in over a month. He's got his act together and here I set. I'm guessing but I bet he has lost at least 20 pounds. He has blood pressure we all would kill for. Before he started the exercise bit his pressure run about 120 over 65, would you believe now it's running about 99/61. He has taken it for the last 2 weeks ends and thats where it is. I GOT TO GET MY ACT TOGETHER.

Dush~~Welcome to our little group. I'm glad the other group didn't work out, that means we got you. We always are glad to welcome a newcomer. Come in and write all you want. Don't worry too much about writing to all of us right off, it'll will all get much easier after a while. We are a small group and that makes it a little easier to get to know everyone. We all struggle with our weight, and I'm sure you do, or you wouldn't have been here. I hope we will be able to encourage you and help you get on your way to losing the excess. Sounds like you've got off to a good start with a plan. Two teen age kids and a HUBBY, 3 very stressful things. Again.. A great big welcome to our group.
I'm going to get through this day on my food plan...I'm going to get through this day on my food plan...I'm going to get through this day on my food plan....There now I'll make it. The attachment is of the border I'm painting in the bedroom. Read what I wrote to Jo Jo to get details. This is a lot of work girls, but I love doing it. Have a good one.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:33 AM   #15  

Hi Girls,

I missed you all this weekend. Sounds like everyone is busy lately.

Its icey out there this morning. I've got some mini daffodils that are bloomed and they are surrounded in ice. They were saying we could have 1-3 inches of snow plus tomorrow morning it may be icy like it is today. I plan to run out to the used book store today plus a couple of other places. I want to get some more memory for my puter. There is one place that has a realy good price on it all the time. Whenever I try to get it at Bestbuy, they always tell me that the brand I need is out. They told me I have to have a specific brand for Compaq but I found out different from another store that you can buy a generic one. So I just don't buy it from Bestbuy anymore. To me, that is trying to rip someone off. Plus I have to get a new mouse.

Dush, I tried to post to you last night but I got knocked off line. That happens alot on AOL and I keep saying I'm going to get another ISP but so far I haven't. I'm really glad you stopped and took a chance on us. We love it when new people join us. We are all at different stages of trying to lose weight. Right now, I am not on a food plan yet, I was but then got side tracked for way to long. And now I'm getting to where I can't stand myself and when I get like that, a food and exercise plan is usually not far behind. I'm just trying to figure one out that my husband can follow to cause he wants to lose weight to. Anyway, welcome and we will try to help you any way we can. Sometimes it just helps having a place you can come in and write about it. Thats what I love about this site. And I'm sure you could tell, we write about most everything.

Marlana, the dang phone woke me up at 8:30 this morning or I'd still be sawing logs. Oh well, its better I'm up early so that I get things done early. Your wallpaper border is really pretty. Looks like a ton of work. I'm hoping to paint our bedroom this year and in the back of my mind, I'm trying to think of some kind of paint effect I could do on it. Dh will kill me for even thinking of it. I'll let you know if I come up with something. Maybe when I get my ring, I'll try to scan it. I'm kinda having second thoughts about getting it now. I've still not told dh about it yet. Also, I've been thinking of telling him its a cz ring. Yikes!!!! I doubt if I do that but its crossed my mind.

Skeeter, I hope its not your surge protector causing you problems again. Doesn't seem like it was all that long ago since you had problems with that. Have fun fishing and I hope you catch lots.

Jen, I hope everything turns out ok with the tests. I'll keep you in my prayers that all is fine with you. I wish I could wear contact lenses but I've tried the hard ones and the soft and could never wear them. Part of the problem is fear of putting them in or taking them out. Plus I'm just so used to glasses and I don't have to do anything to them except cleaning them. I've got a really bad astigmatism and it has gotten worse over the years. I got these glasses in 99 and my eyes haven't changed to much since then, mostly the bifocal.

Teresa, you know, I find I do much better at home than I do at work with my food. There is just to much junk food at work and I have almost no resistance to the snack tins especially when it comes to chocolate. I've not had any chocolate candy at all this weekend and I have some most every day at work. One of these days we will all get to where we want to be with our weight but I wish it was sooner for me. I've just not been working to hard at it and I need to change that.

Well, I think I got everyone. I've got to get this posted before I get knocked off-line. Take care everyone.
Closed Thread