Old 07-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #1  
Jodi

S/C/G: 150/149/125

Height: 5'1/2

Talking One light a day?

Does any one eat just one L.A bar a day? I have been doing that and still loosing. But they say I "can't" - I have to eat two. Or go on the non L.A plan. Any one have any ideas. It's my first week - Thank you! Jodi
Jodi125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:18 AM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I'm on 1 a day now that I'm maintaining. Even on loss there were days that I only ate 1 and COD had no problem with it as long as they didn't know it was a regular occurrance.

oh and
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #3  
On LA Weight Loss

S/C/G: 210/206/135

Height: 5'7"

You probably shouldn't but you can if you want. Just as long as you add a protein and a starch to your plan.
ChelseaBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Hi, Jodi, and welcome! I moved your thread out of recipes and onto the main board so more people would probably see it and you would get more responses.

My $0.02...

You paid for the program to work, so you should do the program as written. A lot of things will go agains what you know or think you know about weight loss, but the program is a carefully balanced puzzle put together by the dieticians. Take out a piece of the puzzle and you are incomplete.

Why are you only having one lite? Is it because you think it's too much food? Rest assured it's not. Eat the two a day and follow your plan and the weight will come off. Plus they're yummy treats that you get twice a day!

Is it because you are having a reaction to the bars or you do not like them? If that's the case, then maybe an all-food plan is for you.

I would follow the plan as written for two weeks. Give yourself a chance to get used to the whole program. Then re-evaluate your opinon on the bars and go from there. Either way, you can do the program with or without, but not with one bar until you get to maintenance. So listen to your COD, give the program a chance, and then make your decision. Remember, you can always change your mind down the road and change it back, too.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

Good advice Cassi...

There are some days when I've had some heavy starch early on and think I should just skip a lite (Zone Perfect bar) because of that.. But then I remember that the bars are soy protein, not the carbs and starch of a normal candy bar...

They're needed for protein, to help us break down fat and thus, lose weight..

Some of us here don't "react" well to the lites and have gotten permission from the COD to discontinue their use.. While this is problematic if you've already paid for them, I'm sure they could work something out..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

Starting yesterday I am trying an experiment and having one lite bar a day and then either one drink or shake. It is perfectly within the plan itself. I will let you know how it goes. I am hoping to speed up my weight loss because the drinks/shakes are less calories. In addition, with the hot weather, the drinks seem more appealing to me.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #7  
Jodi

S/C/G: 150/149/125

Height: 5'1/2

Dan,
Do you use the zone perfect bars instead of the LA lites they sell? I am just resisting because I hate to pay upfront and be "tied" to them. I guess I am skeptical! Jodi
Jodi125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #8  
Amy

Hi Jodi,

I too am on one lite a day for $$ reasons. I did LAWL before, so I am still using the bars that I prepaid for, but am running low. I think the best thing would be to ask your center, just be honest with them!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi125 View Post
Dan,
Do you use the zone perfect bars instead of the LA lites they sell? I am just resisting because I hate to pay upfront and be "tied" to them. I guess I am skeptical! Jodi

Jodi,

I use the Zone bars because our LAWL offices all closed, so I no longer have a source for the lites and don't want to chance buying them on Ebay... Because the stores closed with no warning or anything, my wife and I were basically screwed out of the money we spent on the bulk bars.. We're trying to recover it, but it doesn't look good...

the bars really help though... I find they really take care of the snack time cravings I get mid morning and mid afternoon...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/139.2/130

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Welcome to this site! I just wanted to say that I am on the red plan w/lites and I often only eat 1 lite per day. I am still losing well and my sis does the same plan with no lites and she is losing faster than me and we are the same size and exercise the same amount. A counselor secretly told her that she would lose faster without the lites. (she is allergic to wheat gluten) I still eat them cause I really love them and they help me curb my sweet tooth! I eat 2 per day when I really need to but I am also trying to ration them! I don't want to fork over any more money

Anyway, hope that helps and I know another bar besides the Zone Bars is also the South beach bar. 10 grams of protein, 140 calories. The cinn. raisin are awesome as well as the peanut butter.
sparklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #11  
Marleymom

S/C/G: 176/156/120

Height: 5'1"

I have been on the program for 25 days. I seldom eat 2 Lites a day. Some days I don't any and at the most one. I bought four boxes and I like the taste, but they are too expensive for me and I can't afford to buy them in bulk. I have been trying to make my four boxes last as long as possible and then I am going to do the plan without them or switch to the LUNA bars which I hear are about the same. Ideas? The COD said I could drop them if I wanted to but then they would put me on a new menu. That will be confusing if I try to use the LUNA bars occasionally. Thoughts?
Marleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Yes... just make the choice to do it with or without the lites. If you don't do the lites they will move you up a plan. You can always change your mind at a later date, but I wouldn't change plans day-by-day.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote