Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-08-2007, 11:44 AM   #1  

Default Sneaker Advice

Good morning all

I need some advice re my sneakers. I have been using the same sneaker (buying new ones every four or five months or so) for the last two years with good results. This time, when I changed sneakers in June, my legs started hurting after exercise, and now my feet are bothering me too...It seems too coincidental to me, to be anything other than the sneakers...

Has this ever happened to anyone, that what was once great, suddenly isn't?

Also, any recommendations for brands? I tend to do mostly fast-walking, elliptical, stationary bike...and occasionally, running (but not more than 3 miles at a time)...

Thanks alot for your input..

WRE Miles: 14.8/40
VeggieGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Even if you're buying the same brand and model, the manufacturers update their designs from time to time, so it may be that what worked for you in the past is no longer a good option for you.

I could be wrong, but don't think that your shoes would make that significant of a difference for the biking and elliptical work, but I do know that having the right shoes for running and walking is very important. I'd recommend going to a real running store and having them fit you for new shoes - they will be able to look at your specific gait and recommend a shoe that works right for you.
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #3  

Thanks Rachel...I think I'll go to the running store today...By the way congrats on your terrific weight loss!
Old 07-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Iīve always had problem with my sneakers! Itīs either my ankles or my knees or my toes, but always a problem until I found my current sneakers. Itīs the nike ones with what looks as springs (is this right? my english is not very good) in the back part. I think itīs the Shox models. They are wonderful! and very very beautiful too!

They are kind of expensive, at least for me (iīm a student jaja) but they really work great
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #5  

Thanks for the suggestion Rafella

I actually went to the running store today - he told me that I have slightly collapsed arches, and pronate slightly; he recommended an Ascics sneaker (I don't think I'm spelling that right, but you might recognize something close to that...); the only problem is is that he insisted I needed a size 8 when i've never worn anything other than a 7, and after wearing these for a while, I really feel like they are too big...will go back tomorrow and insist on trying on the 7.5...
Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #6  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

You know, I wore Asics forever. I loved them. Then I had a pair that cut the feeling off in my toes! I blamed it on the specific pair and gave them to my mom. Then I went with another pair--same thing, but only one foot.

I gave up and when to the running store, and I have been very happy with my Adidas. Freaking expensive, but worth it.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote