Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 05:11 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #23

Hey girls we were up to 3 pages. WOOHOO!

SO we start a new journey with # 23.

Boy time sure seems to be at a premium right now. Seems I haven't time to put 2 thoughts together.

Hey Lee It was awesome to see you posting again. You were seriouly missed. Yes we are still plodding along.

Sue , Yes that is exactly what I have been doing is scrutenizing what I have been eating. I think the scale is in a better mood. Holding at 230# so far this week. Wroking out too. Water is good.

Pam Huge hugs to you.

Dana Teh scale will move!!!

Terry and Melody HUGE WAVE !!!

I got to go , must move this body before I go to work.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:38 AM   #2  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello Everyone

I am Op today....fell off again yesterday. It seems my boss forgot my biorthday and brought me an ice cream cake from DQ. I had already ate RM but I couldn't say no to my boss....so I blew yesterday. I feel thinner today though....that's a good sign, and I believe the scale has moved to the left a little. I can't wait until Friday!

Sue, I am glad you are back on board! The book in the membes market is gone. i emailed her about it a long time ago, and I never got a reply. I will look some more for that book this weekend. I'm going to drop off my pictures today. I hope no one at the photo mart sees them.

Well Ladies, I will try to check back in later....gotta ride the bus today!
Old 03-13-2002, 05:23 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

PICTURES!!!! OMG I forgot to do them yesterday and well maybe I can get them done today (they have to be within 3 days) I had appt this morning for bloods and then when i got home dd went to friends house so I did not get a chance to do them. I have a boyscouts meeting tonight. so maybe when i get home!!!

all went fair today only one nibble of french toast sticks today (well a few) Not to bad it coulod have been worse. I am feeling stronger everyday ready to take on the world. ( I had come home from my fasting blood work this morning when i stumbled)

Girls well I am here and ready to take on a new day. tomorow will be a great day for us all!!!
Old 03-14-2002, 01:18 AM   #4  
gbo

Darlins, I am about to be so redundant.... I am OP and doing well but haven't felt to well today
just my bodies decision to have a case of the miseries. Like a flu but I don't have one. Tomorrow is a new day. A little low on the water about 100 oz. I needed a couple of soda's today to keep my stomach in check but surprise.....they are few and far between. Thats amazing for me! I have once again after a long absence gathered my thousands of papers (genealogy) together and I have so much that it seems tis will have to be a book. I have come to the conclusion in one way or another Iam probably related to everyone!!! I begin sorting on branch tomorrow so that when I get my computer back ( Yes, please) I can get it all on the computer which will simplify my life. I still have so many documents to send for!! I won't be back full swing until feel a bit better. I am in a mior down time but there are great days ahead and I can't wait. My Sister and my Aunt is coming to visit in May. I am so thrilled! My Husbands cousin and Aunt are coming this early summer.
My Aunts Daughter is coming in April, Hubby's brother and Sister in law, and three other sets of cousins fom across the country! I hope I can hold up for all this I sure am excited! I am hoping for another 5-6 lbs of weight loss this Friday so that I am back to where I was before I fell head long down the mountain. At 304 I will offically count weight loss again and post pounds begging and now as well as goal. Love you all.
Pam
Old 03-15-2002, 04:38 AM   #5  
gbo

HAA,HAAAAAA,Hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pounds begging? The word was to be beginning but I must say I have spent a grand amount of time begging my pounds....... to go away! It struck my funny bone.
I am OP and water is back where it should be at 128 oz. I have not been under 100 oz. but I do try and keep it at 128. As it is 3:28am it is technecially my 48th year of life. Offically not until 3:15 this afternoon. My best friend of 26 years is coming out to spend the night and it is a girl night. I will remain OP. Hubby is going to pick up large shrimp for dinner and I am making the cocktail sauce. I am so looking forward to it. I have promised myself that I would not give me permission to sabotage my diet plan. I want the weight loss. I have partaken of every goodie in the world and it does not bring me happiness and the pleasure lasts
such a short time the misery and shame last a very long time indeed.
I am giving myself the greatest gift of love I know..... a healthier, happier, more fulfilling life, and great clothes when I reach goal! Serenity is returning too me.Love you all.
Pam
Old 03-15-2002, 05:31 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Happy Birthday Pam!!

I hope you have a great day!

I am still @230# . So close, yet so far away from 229#, But it will happen.

Hope everyone sees a loss today.
Old 03-15-2002, 06:35 PM   #7  
gbo

THANKS PAT! Our new lawn tractor was delivered today and funny enough we can't open the garage door due to a major power surge that fried the garage door opener!!! Hubbyy will have to put in some where out of the weather. The barn I am doubtful of. My sister sent me the cobalt blue glass dishes I wanted and I am thrilled! Everyone has called and sent cards. I am just so lucky. I have run into yet another wrinkle in my horn .....over the past two days my kidney is swollen and hurting, so now I have a water gain of 4 lbs. I am fushing with water but it seems I will have to have a kidney function test. Ah, so many medicine sid effect both long term and short term. Still it will all work out. With the flushing I can hopefully get an accurate weight tomorrow.... I was down to 306 on Thursday and boom...ouch and water gain. I knew it was I could tell the moment I woke up. I shan't worry about it , it will all come out in the wash. Pat Honey those last lbs are the hardest but oh so worthwhile. You will get there without a doubt. You are my inspiration!!!!!!
Pam
Old 03-16-2002, 06:50 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

PAM!!! I missed the big day!!! I did not get online yesterday. I hope the dinner was great!!!

I am still trying to get back OP. struguling but managing to slowly gain ground. I did a killer workout today and was not pushed. so things are looking up.. I just need to manage to pass on the little chocolates called M&M's then i will be doingg reat.

Great news!!! I may be having some paying customers for my business. !!! I will let you know when i get some!!!
Old 03-17-2002, 05:16 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

OH GIRLS WHERE ARE YOU???

Just to say that i am here. doing good for today so far!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 06:03 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Hey girls

I am here and still floundering in my weight loss pursuit. I have no idea what is wrong with me. No motivation and energy at times. I guess to be real it hasn't been my number one priority and other things are. I haven't even been lurking. UGH.

It would seem that I need to get back to basics.

So my goals for this week are

To log on daily

eat OP

Water 120 oz.

Workout at least 3 times.

Sue that is awesome news!!!! You have been working so hard toward this!!! I am so excited for you.

Pam I am glad you had a great birthday.

Melody, Dana , Terri, Lee where teh heck are you guys? Check in will you?

Well lets see what Monday has in store for us
Old 03-18-2002, 07:59 AM   #11  
Muscle Mommy

Hello Ladies!

Sorry Pam,I missed your BDAY! But Happy Belated birthday! I hope it was great!

Sorry for being MIA for a few days...I was off work, and was busy! Baby's 1st bday Party was Sat. She got 41 outfits!!!! She will not have to wear the same outfit twice in one month! It was a good day!

I missed loggin on Friday, But I didn't miss weigh in...I knew it was going to be a good day! Iweighed in at 196!!!!!!WHOOO HOOO that was a 3 pound loss!!!! I am shooting for another 3 pounds this week...but I will not make it if I don't stay Op. All weekend I blew it alll that cake and ice cream around. I also have got to get back on the exercise wagon....work out work out, workout!

How are you doing Sue on BFL??? Did you get those pictures taken yet? How about everyone else?

Sorry this is short, but I have lots to do at work today! You ladies have a wonderful day!
Old 03-19-2002, 05:36 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Good Morning all,

I was OP yesterday

B 3 egg white scrammble w/ grated chedder cheese
L turkey chef salad w/ oil vinegar dressing
L/S 20 keto chips
S sugar free yougurt
D 1 atkins bar
D sugar free pudding w/ coolwhip
all my water

No work out

The atkins Bar didn't impress me, either in flavor, price and teh potential for hidden carbs. I went to teh health food store yesterday. The keto chips are pretty good though, but pricey.

I have been looking at what I've been eating and have decided that when I do reach my goal, maintaining will be no problem. But I am not there yet So..... Tonight I am trying a shake.

I have also been trying to regroup, weight loss wise. I am determined to reach 200# ( my next mini goal). ANd I think the key is stress management. Something that I am terrible at. I think taht Carbs were my "narcotic" and w/o them I am more stressed. So I need to incorporate other things in my life. But one thing at a time.

On teh other front I have just went thru my second cycle(first w/ clomid) of follicle studies in our pursuit to get pregnant. I have polycystic ovaries and am 39. SO if we were going to get some assistance w/this it has to be now. I have told no one,( but DH) of course. So when I have been preoccipied or away, this is why. The positive thing was found that I am ovulating. Which I believe to be associated w/ lo carb. But now my eggs are old as well as stressed woman decrease their chances significantly. But at least I can say I tried.

My other stress is moving. Buying a house etc. I will probably wait and do another cycle of clomid after that happens. ( If I need to , fingers crossed).

Thank you guys for being here. Sorry that I have been preoccupied w/ other things.

BUT 1FRALICK is back!!!

Hey Melody, way to go on teh loss!!!!!!

Off to the room
Old 03-19-2002, 04:59 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

Melody WHOOO HOOOOO You are doing fantastic!!! what a way to go. how are thw workouts??? Mine are great strong and fighting all the way. I have not found my camera. DD must have taken it she does that ans well i keep forgetting to ask her. hopefully today she will give it to me.

I am stll trying to lose the fluid from the last few weeks. I am down to 173 today. from 179 but that is up from 169

I have been good for the last few days today was a bit high for carbs but the foods were good except for that. not to much fat and much protein.

I am looking into selling Avon for income and possible becoming a real estate sales person. I need flexability.

Pat what atkins bar did you have??? the only one of thiers is lemon chiffon.that i like. the chocoalte fudge is not bad.

Dana where are you???

Pam how about you???
Old 03-20-2002, 02:24 AM   #14  
gbo

I really have no idea what my weight is at the moment. It was 306 which would have been nearly a five pound weight loss but that was Thursday. Friday I went up to 308 and Saturday was 310 and the kidney hurt!!!! But.... I am going to take that one pound loss and hope I can get this medical problem sorted out quickly. Doctor told me to stop dieting but I am not. I have switched to calories for a short period to make it easier on the bod but not again nothing is going to make me stop.
We had shrimp which was wonderful and Hubby brought me a great cake.......... it dances and sings happy Birthday! This was the best cake he could have brought me and I can keep it forever!
What a Hubby!!!!!
I am OP Calories and water suffered today due to nausa but I will get back on par tomorrow. I have maintained 128 oz all but two day since my return.
At 48 years of age I will make this year really count. Love you all.
Pam
Old 03-20-2002, 09:52 AM   #15  
Muscle Mommy

Hello Ladies,

Well I have been OP, but TOM has once again struck my happy existence, and I feel a little bloated. Gosh, I feel so FAT! I peeked at the scale and it is where it should be, but....I feel like a cow!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!I am really hoping for a loss again this week, but I am not sure if I will get it or not. Sue, The workouts have not been coming. I can't seem to work thm in. I really try, but by the time I get everything done I need to get done, it's bed time! I am a t a loss. I would like to get up earlier, but I am the kind of person that if I know I can sleep another hour, I will reset the alarm. LAZY I know.

I am going to try for 20 minutes of aerobic today. I will try right after I get home, when the kids are busy, and BF is sleeping. I have been waiting until the kids are in bed at night, and that does not work! By that time I can barely move myself!

Fralick- I am an addict too. I know how you feel. There are some days that I just want to eat the world! But they are fewer lately thanks to you guys. You all help keep me strong and motivated! I know you can do this fralick!

Sue, Forget the gain, and concentrate on just making yourself feel good. Concentrate on making a healthier you. Ups and downs will come....what lasts is the feeling you get from knowing you are doing what needs to be done! You are my inspiration! YOU keep me going...and I can not wait until I weigh in at 170 pounds! Keep your chin UP!

Pam- You keep your chin up too! I admire your resolve to lose! But be easy on yourself. Switching to calories is a good choice. Low carb is hard on your kidneys, and you want to take care of those!!!! Keep your chin up I am pulling for you!

Come ladies!!! We can do this together! Stay Op! Keep your eyes on the prize!

II WILL MOVE MY A$$ TONITE!!!!!!!!

Love ya guys!
Closed Thread