Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #1  
Hot Mama of 2 Boys!

S/C/G: 172/149/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Below 150!!!

So I'm finally BELOW 150, where I have been stuck for a long time. I have reached my second baby pre-prego weight, but still have 19 pounds hanging around from my first son, whose almost two and a half! Right now, I'm doing the single mom thing, so it's very hard to find time to work out, but I know that if I could find time for some cardio that the weight would come off much quicker. How do you guys squeeze workouts into a crazy schedule?!

~Katy
sk8ydrgnfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey, congratulations! I can't wait until I'm where you're at! I'm also totally impressed that you are able to do it AND be a single mom...I can barely hold it together with a hubby!

Now, I'm not the best person to answer your question since I have a hard time making myself work out. But, I do have a 16-month old girl, so I do understand a little about what you're talking about. Before she came along, I had a gym membership, but I just couldn't find time to go afterwards, plus I felt guilty even though I know that my health is very important. Now I do 2 things. I bought a treadmill off of one of my friends who didn't ever use it, and when I'm home during the day with DD, I jog during her nap. Do your kids nap at the same time? I also take my daughter on fairly long walks a few times a week. There is a super walmart about 20 minutes away (on foot), so we walk up, do our shopping with her in the stroller, and walk back. Or we just walk around the neighborhood. You could also exercise after the kids go to bed, but I bet you're pretty tired by the end of the day!
Karina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #3  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

I understand. It's sooo hard to fit in exercise.

I have 2 kids and work full time. Hubs has opposite schedule of mine (he works nights, me days) so I feel like a single mom most days! LOL!

I bought a treadmill and I have dedictated 6:30pm-7:30pm as "treadmill time", no excuses. It has helped to automatically make this "exercise time" rather than trying to fit it in my day willy nilly. When I tried that, I never fit it in! This way, unless there is an emergency, I know I have to do it, like taking a shower or going to work. It's just part of my daily routine now, and I am so worth it.

Heidi
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:46 AM   #4  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

CONGRATULATIONS!!! (That's my next big milestone, so it's exciting to see someone else hit it.) You must be thrilled.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Congrats, Katy! I know this stinks, but have you tried getting up early and doing videos? I survived on The Firm and Tae Bo for a couple years before I could convince my husband to watch the kids so I could go to the gym.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/240/150

Congrats on getting below 150!!!
MichelleOK is offline   Reply With Quote