Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Default cool motivational idea at my TOPS meeting yesterday

One of the gals made each of us an octopus out of yarn. She glued a piece of paper to each octopus so we could write out names on them. Wasn't that nice of her? The motivational part of this is to keep all 8 legs because if you gain over the course of the week, a leg is unceremoniously chopped off!! This is an 8 week contest and I already love my little octopus... I would hate to see it amputated. I think this is a brilliant way to keep us paying attention. Have any of you got any other great motivational ideas?
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #2  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

One thing I did for awhile was took a pair of pants that I LOVED back in the day, that I couldn't fit in anymore, and hung them by the bathroom. Then I looked at them everyday to remind myself why I was doing this. In fact I may get them out and do it again!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5ft 4in

I love the octopus idea!! I wish I had some friends around here to do that with. I love putting a name on it to really get you attached to it (and its legs)

I also love the jeans idea. I have a really cute pair of jean that I have never worn. I think I might hang them on my pantry door. I really need motivation.
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #4  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

This is more of a mental thing.. but when I get down about only losing a half of a pound or a pound of weight, I try to visualize ground hamburger. Think of what a pound of ground hamburger looks like when sitting in your hands. Now imagine that on your body. It seems more significant then.....
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #5  

My mom tried that octopus idea with me when I was younger to try to help me lose weight. *sigh* it didn't work.

I'm always looking for something to motivate me (because I have NO motivation at all!) - Once I printed out a bunch of pictures of skinny models and hung them up all over in my closet, and everytime I felt like I wanted to eat, I'd go sit in there. lol... That was back when I was about 16 or so.. Silly idea (That didn't work either).
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

What did you name your octopus? Hopefully not Stumpy. lol.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Robin, how about Betty Grable or was she before your time? LOL!! I think she might have been the first star whose legs were insured for a million dollars.
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

I have my front view before picture (tummy and all...ewwww) on the fridge right next to the internet picture of the dress I ordered. That way when I try to go rummaging in the fridge, I'm face-to-face with my goal and the consequences of straying.

Last edited by MarinePrincess; 07-07-2007 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Typos
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote