Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default So confused?!

..eat carbs, don't eat carbs, don't eat too much protien, eat nothign but protien, eat fruits, don't eat fruits, work out in bursts, go slow and steady, eat for your blood type, eat for your geographical location, don't eat too much,eat enough that you're not starving, eat 3 meals, eat mini-meals......????

There is so much out there! I'm really confused as to what to do. I was doing weight watchers, but Ive been messing with teh same 10 lbs for a year now,and it's getting old.

Is it possible to lose weight simply by eating when you're hungry, not eating when you're not, and avoiding crap or way too much of one food group over a nother?

I'm feeling a little over whelmed here...
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

How about counting calories,it's flexible,doesn't restrict you to certain food groups, you decide when and what you want to eat. You just need to remember to stay within your calorie allottment.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Counting calories is as good as any.

Which approach you take depends on what you want to do. You could skip eating carbs for a month and you'd lose your 10 pounds, but you'd have to SLOWLY re-introduce them in order to maintain (and, of course, up your exercise).

You could eat nothing but fruits and vegetables for 2 weeks, and you'd lose your 10 pounds, too, but you'd probably gain back 5 in another week or two.

If you ONLY have ten pounds to lose, I suggest calorie counting. Figure out how many calories you're eating vs. burning, and from that, you can calculate a deficit.

Also, there's a book called The Extreme Fat Smash Diet (and a forum on here about it), which is designed for people like you, who only have a FEW pounds to lose. Maybe you should check it out.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:33 PM   #4  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

What you described up there
Quote:
Is it possible to lose weight simply by eating when you're hungry, not eating when you're not, and avoiding crap or way too much of one food group over a nother?
is called intuitive eating and you can find a lot about that around 3fc!! Also on the internet as well. Basically - you eat intuitively - you eat when you're hungry, and you stop when you're not hungry. There is a bit more to it but i'm a calorie counter myself and so can't help you out.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

I am considering the intuitive eating thing. I'm not really attracted to calorie counting because well, it seems like a pain in the butt ( for me, at least ). I would like to not be obsessed with food, when to eat, what to eat, where to eat. I think that's what is getting me down. All this thought and time devoted to food and fitness and I still look the way I do.

I am trying the BFL approach of 6 small meals w/ a protien and a carb at each meal, but it is quite time consuming and kind of expensive... that's why I'm leaning toward just eating when hungry, but giving more thought to what I am eating, so it's not all carbs, all the time.

Thanks for your help and advice. This is a tough road for everyone.. I'll just give good thought to what I know doesn't work, what I want from it, and what I want to do. Also, I need to remember that I don't need a plan w/ a name on it. What may work for me may be a mix of so many things...
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote