Old 07-02-2007, 01:35 AM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #54: Let's Get Back to Sexy

to the July 2007 Weighty IssuesThread. Summer is in full swing!!! Are you looking and feeling as hot as the summer temps? It's smokin' hot where I live but my body image needs to catch up. I want to change the term "lazy days" of summer, we should be focusing on exercising, eating right and making the most of our sexy selves. Do we want to feel great and show it off? Or will we be kicking ourselves for not taking control? Fake it til you make it, I say. We can do this together and bring sexy back!

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast and the sunny Pacific .

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile . You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:42 AM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, first things first!

Happy Birthday to
KEMPY
&
ANGIE!!!

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 07-02-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:49 AM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

I'm having a little trouble posting.... but I couldn't let this day go by without letting my "sisters" celebrate and offering my b-day wishes. Hope you had a great day!

As for the rest of ya, you know I love you gals. I'll post more tomorrow when I'm back in the office. This computer sucks (laptop!). Aloha!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:29 AM   #4  

I hope this works. I've downloaded a few pictures on photobucket. The following link should take you right to it.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...urrent=437.jpg

Again, I hope it works.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:41 AM   #5  

I'm putting in a couple of pictures that I'd spoken about before, but couldn't get them to post. Two are of the tile we had put down last year, and one is of our dog, Tucker...he was smiling (he greets me like this every morning), and another of Tucker laying next to the back door.

Cal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 021.jpg (21.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 391.jpg (17.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 392.jpg (17.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 393.jpg (22.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #6  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, Thank you so much for your gift. It is perfect for me thanks. I cant wait to try some of the recipes in it now.

My Mom had her lump removed and they told her that all of the tissue around it was clean so she was expecting to go see her doctor to set up her appointments for radiation. When she got there she was told that she needs chemo now because she has some gene that shows that she will definately get cancer again sometime within the next 5 years if she doesnt do chemo. So that is where she is. She will start chemo and be out of work until at least February.

Life is quiet at home right now. Everyone seems to be getting along well so I am happy. I havent gotten back on track yet. I want to but it isnt working out that way. We sold our pool. The kids dont use it and Jay doesnt like taking care of it so we decided to get rid of it and make a little water garden area where the pool used to be.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEMPY and ANGIE!!! Hope your day was great!!

Noelle, Good to hear from you. How are things going for you?

Cal, I just went over and checked out your pictures.. WOW!!! They are some really fantastic photos there. I never did get over to see my brother when he was living on Kodiak Island and now he is back in Carterville, MO. Sounds a little like Mayberry!!!

Where is everybody?? Hello to all and will check back and see what is going on later.
Take care, Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Angie, So glad things turned out good for your Mom. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. We were loking at several home in MO. that all either had above ground pools or in ground. I know they are a lot of work but I sure would like to have one.
Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies, we had a busy weekend. Rick's been going out fishing a lot these days (much to my dismay) and he actually caught a nice sized Mahi-Mahi (dolphin fish) so we cooked that yesterday. We also went bowling and I took Michael to see the movie Ratatouille, it was cute and the animation is getting really good. We are also looking at getting Rick a new truck for work since the Dakota is on it's last legs. We're leaning towards a Ford diesel since gas is so freakin' expensive here.

Cal, I loved all your travel pictures. You guys are so lucky to be able to travel so frequently and see the world, I know Ashley will remember all of these trips for a lifetime. America (and Canada) is BEAUTIFUL! Tucker looks pretty ferocious in an adorable kind of way . My sister had a dog Buffy that used to smile like that too, it was kind of creepy at first, but it does grow on you. The tile looks great. Did your brother in law do it? or was it just the painting? Looks really nice.

Karen, your grandkids are beautiful, of course, they have good genes right? Congrats on your weight loss! I am so proud of you for sticking to it. You are my hero.

Angie, I'm praying for your mom and her therapy to come out strong and healthier than ever. You're welcome for the cookbook, I know you will use it. So did you guys celebrate all the July birthdays this year?

Virgo, YES I love Alan Rickman, mostly as the Snape character, but he's just a sexy man overall . My sister bought my son a Snape t-shirt and I was so jealous I told her I was going to buy one for me and wear it inside out so he can be near my heart So how are you? I see you're still progressing with your weight loss, good for you! I've kind of lost my footing but I know I will find it again one day soon.

Kempy, you're welcome for the cookbook as well--I know you lurk here, just not posting much. That's ok, I still love ya. Come back and say hey OK?

Now where is Dips? and CW? I hope you are all doing well. I have to get to work right now, before I change my mind. Have a good one ladies.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:44 AM   #10  

Just a quick hello and hope everyone is having a great week.

Noelle: Great to talk to you yesterday. I sent the email. The tile in our house was put down by Lowe's Home Improvement, not my brother in law. Alaska was beautiful and much colder than the last time we were there.

It's very hot here right now. I can't believe some people will be out today at activities for the 4th. It's supposed to be 117 degrees. I don't even go outside to watch fireworks when I'm here in AZ because it's too hot. Of course, I can watch them from my house, if I'm upstairs.

Have fun this 4th, but be careful with the heat.

Cal
Old 07-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #11  

Hey guys! Long time no post. Sorry!

Cal your pics are awesome. I never knew how pretty it was up there. I guess I just always thought it was snow covered. I want to go now.

Thanks for the happy b-day. It kind of sukced since mother nature thought it wa a good gift for me to have. I guess it was better than the alternative. At least right now it is.

It is raining right now and I don't think we will be able to swim today. I just hope that the sun comes out this weekend. Karen are you guys moving? I havn't talked to you in so long I feel lost. Is your hubby working again?

I now this is a short post but I should take this day off and get some cleaning done. I hope everyone has a great 4th.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Talking Finally! I'm posting again!

Our 40th reunion was a great success! We paid the caterer for 140 people, tho of course, some were unable to make it. But it was a good crowd, and it was great to see so many people I hadn't seen in so long. It was a little crazy at first when everyone arrived & were signing in, but that part was only about 40 minutes, tho it sure seemed longer at the time! I only wish the friggin' DJ more properly understood that a little less volume is called for when folks are REALLY more interested in catching up with each other than yelling over the music. Not that we didn't dance or have a good time! But it's a real pet peeve of mine. (And I wasn't alone in feeling as I did.)

I looked pretty good, too, for an older broad! I found this really nice two-piece top (tank top & jacket), white with wavy black pinstripes--and silver glitter! It may sound hokey, but I got lots of compliments on it, & even wore it to a very nice wedding today. I wore a straight black skirt I already owned, and felt FABULOUS!! Of course I felt better knowing I was down to 198 from the 211 I was 4 months ago! And yes, I would've felt even better had I gotten to the 187 I was hoping to reach. But y'know what? I had a great time, both at the reunion and today, and ate pretty sensibly at both. Thanks to you all for your encouragement since March 21st!

I must say, I had some whipped cream in my first after-dinner coffee this afternoon at the reception--and it was somewhat unpleasant to me, for the first time. That's good! I reverted to regular cream, and less of it, since I was aware my taste buds/health awareness had changed. We didn't know many of the other people at our table (my hubby did, since the groom had been a co-worker at a previous job), and were seated next to a couple with two daughters, a fifth-grader & HS sophomore. They were delightfully well-behaved, intelligent, interesting girls, and they & their parents were a lot of fun to talk to & get out on the dance floor with. I think I may have had a little more fun at today's wedding than the reunion two weeks ago--cuz I wasn't responsible for anything other than having a great time!

But things are still gonna be busy around here: my sister's coming in for a visit in less than a week, and then we're going to visit our daughters in NY.

So love to everyone, thanks for thinking of me, and in the meantime, I hope each and every one of you is doing well in your own situation. And I include you in my prayers. Best wishes for a good summer,

--Virgo

Last edited by FatToFitVirgo; 07-08-2007 at 02:21 AM.
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #13  

Just a quick hello. I hope everyone is just out enjoying the summer days. It's a little quiet here.
I was in Calif for a few days helping my sister pack. They're moving here in about 2 weeks. It's been so hot that it's really hard to do anything but lie around (in) the pool. Of course, sometimes it's too hot for that as well.
Hope others come out to post. Have a great day everyone.

Cal
Old 07-16-2007, 12:50 AM   #14  

Hello to everyone. It's soooo quiet. I hope everyone is doing well.
My nephew is visiting us from Italy. It's interesting having an 18 year old in the house.
Next week we're going to drive up to Zion Canyon NP in Utah. We're taking about 4 days to do a circle tour of some of the canyon lands in northern AZ and southern UT.
Take care everyone.

Cal
Old 07-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

Hello ladies, hope you are all doing well. Summer is winding down over here and next week the regular school year starts so it'll be back to a more regular work schedule for me. We have had some trouble with our dogs, Chloe (the newest lab mix) attacked Lena (the little Chihuahua/terrier) last week. They were fighting over some food that my dad had thrown to them--dumb move on his part. Anyway, Chloe grabbed Lena and shook her, and broke her left front leg just below the elbow. We rushed her to the vet and we had to make the decision to amputate her leg. We felt this was much more humane, given her age (8 years old) than to try and repair it where the odds were not very good in terms of her being able to use it again and the chances of infection were really high because of the way the bone way broken. Financially it would've been considerably higher if we had tried to save it. It was such a difficult decision, but in the long run we felt that it was better to get her out of pain and on the way to recovery. She will be one-week post-op tomorrow and already she is getting around pretty quickly. It will take some getting used to having a 3 legged dog though
We are trying to see if someone will take Chloe into a home without any other dogs because she is getting more aggressive with the others. We think it's because Kai is getting old and no longer the alpha dog, she is trying to establish herself even though she is the newest member of the pack.

Today I had to go and try to get a building permit for a job we're doing, I waited 3.5 hours in the building department, there was only one clerk working and after 2 hours of the dept. opening, they had only served one customer--I was number 13. Then in the middle of serving client number 6, the clerk tells the client she has to go to lunch and will be back in an hour! That's the City for you! It's ridiculous. I went back toward the office but had lunch instead. I never went back to the permitting dept and never returned their number card . Guess I'll have to go and waste more time over there tomorrow because we need this darn permit. Oh well, at least I'm getting paid to sit around. Tomorrow I will bring my Harry Potter book, and I'll probably be able to read the WHOLE THING before they call my number. Anyway, just had to ramble a little. I miss you guys. Hope you're have a great week.