Old 06-29-2007, 03:25 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 Year Olds #99

G'day all,

Looked after the grandchildren yesterday and flopped into bed at 7.30 and of course I am now up and it is only 4.30 am

Gloria what a lovely way to spend trying to avoid the heat. Good for Jack having a swim though that sounds a bit cold to me as well.
I am sure your friend Toni enjoyed your visit.

Ann pleased all is good with your dh again. One would think they could organise it a bit better so he didn't have to go without food for that long, I guess it won't really hurt but it seems unnecessary if they had operated first thing in the morning.
Looking forward to hearing what you think of Holly's new room etc when you get to Virginia.

Glenda eventhough I am home now, I still keep an eye out for your weather, Oklahoma has had some horrendous weather. It might mean you will have a great summer, hope it did not drown Leon's orange flowers
Your question about bathers....I wear a one piece swimsuit, I don't stop traffic wearing it but it is OK. That is the best part about grandkids, they think you are wonderful whatever you wear.
I am sure you will look fine in a swimsuit.

Jeney I have noticed the bad flooding in the East part of your state, weather is very strange the world over. I am loving coming back to our winter but will look forward to spring again as well. All seasons are good but heat I can cope with for only a short time.
I guess it is vital for you to do something about your weight if you have been diagnosed 'a pre-diabetic'. Get your WW books out and WRITE everything down that goes into your mouth, that is what works for me.

Slavika what a great idea for you to start a blog, if you are serious I can help you set it up. Just have a go, it is free and fun to do. Your digital camera will come in good use as well when you upload photos of Patches.
Would have liked to have seen the trail of toiletpaper, you could have photographed it and uploaded it to your blog!!!!

Hello to everyone else...I must fly and start on a project that I have for a customer.

Cheers
Maria
flaggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #2  

Slavika, I remember when Sprout was a pup. I came home one day to My SIL Jeanne(remember Her?)having a fit. Sprout had gotten a roll of paper off the floor in the bathroom closet. Hid behind a chair an ripped the whole roll to shreds. What mess. She was not happy with him that day. He still manages to get in trouble sometimes. The stinker. But I wouldn't trade the little bugger for anything.

Ann glad DH is doing well. Hope the surgery helps. Men can have their share of problems too .

About swimsuits. They are a necessary evil. If you could see the size of some of the ladies who come to the pool. You would never worry about how you look again. Just go for something that won't ride up or squeeze you to death. Then put it on and enjoy the water!!! We are our own worst enemy when it come to swimsuits.

Jeney, remember when it comes to diets and diabetes it what you eat every day that make the difference. Not what you eat once in a while.

Hi to everyone.
Karen L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:58 AM   #3  
Ash

Default Thank you

Hi all,

Me again - thanks Maria and Karen for the input you have given me.

WW sounds like the go and I will pull out all my WW books and go through them again. I hate having to do this and have no motivation at all but knowing that my health is at risk (my father had diabetes), it is thing that I must do. I hate journaling everything I put in my mouth but yes it does work - it did for me once before and it will again.

Well friends I must away and start pulling out my "well covered" and "out of sight" WW books and start my reading.

Love to all.

Jenye.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #4  
Member Florida Chick

Hi: Just a quickie- Dh overnight has turned into three nights now, and maybe he can come home Sunday. they aare monitoring him very closely. Says he has atrial Fibrulation, and they want it under control.I came home early today to do some shopping and laundry and then after I have something to eat, will go back for a little while. I am fearful that maybe the Cardiologist will not want him to travel. Our other Dr.s say okay probably, but it is up to the Card. So now we will wait and see. Fortunately I took out some trip insurance. I hope I don't have to use it, but DH health is far more important than the trip. So will just have to wait and see.

I am sure catching up on my reading while sitting around in DH room. He is not a talker.

I'll keep you posted.

Jenye: Maybe you would like to join the 20#challenge that the gals have set up. Have you challengers put a deadline on, or is just whoever gets the 20# off is the winner.

More tomorrow. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #5  
Ash

Default Challenge

Hi Anne,

Thank you for the invite, I would love to join the challenge. I start my WW program tomorrow Monday 2nd July and the challenge would be just the thing to keep me on it.

Hi to all the others out there.

Jenye.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #6  

G'day all,

Sorry to hear about your dh's health problems Ann.
It would be a shame if you are unable to make your trip, it is still a little while off, lots can change by then.

I am starting today on the 20 lb challenge by walking each day and journaling EVERYTHING I put in my mouth.

Wish me luck.......

Cheers
Maria
flaggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #7  
Net browser

Hi Everybody, Ann, sorry your DH is still in he hospital but it's good that they are taking care of him. I have beeen so slack in reading the posts and I don't remember reading where you were going on a trip or when? Hi Karen, seems I didn't see a post from you in awhile. I know what you mean when you say even when Sprout gets into trouble you still love him. It seems I am having to talk "loudly"to Patches so much because she will bite your toes, or the bottom of your pants and those sharp little fangs really hurt or could get caught in the hem of your pants. After I scold her I look at those beauitful black eyes of her's and all is forgiven. She's getting better at going outside to do her business. I will be happy when that part of her training is done with. I didn't sit in my livingroom since I got her. I got caught up with reading Maria's blog, and I thought that was a nice picture of Gloria and Maria. Gloria that was very nice that you and DH put up the Australian flag in honour of Maria and Alan's visit. It's certainly not a very nice day today, in fact it feels really chilly out. Maria, I am working hard in getting this weight off. I must tell the truth, I started as soon as you left my place, so I have a bit of head start. Hi to you all and hope you all enjoy your day.
slavika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #8  
Ash

Default New Scales

Hi to all,

Well today is the day I have just started on the WW plan and the challenge. I started exercising using the exercise bike - only 3 mins to start with until I get used to it, but at least it is more than I was doing.

I bought new scales as I haven't had good ones since my 21st Birthday and I was HORRIFIED to find that I topped the scales at 98kgs when the old ones read 90kgs, I was so angry at myself. Healthwise and weight wise IT HAS TO COME OFF.

I will gradually catch up with what you are all doing but the puppies sound gorgeous and I only wish that we were able to have one but cats are our go now.

Love to you all.

Jenye.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

Just a quick note: DH didn't come home Sunday. I had to do a few things around the house, and so now I am going back to the hosp. this a.m. to see if this is the day. He doesn't seem to be in any rush to get home. I think he is quite tired. I'll keep you posted on what is happening. I do appreciate all your support.

Slavika: The trip planned is to go th Holly's up in Williamsburg, Va. on the 10th of July. So that is all in the Lords hands, and the Cardiologist.

Ann
Old 07-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #10  
Fun Blonde

Ann, I hadn't read the board in awhile so didn't know you DH hadn't come home. I certainly hope today is the day. And a trip can be rescheduled. Just get the "bloke" (Maria has rubbed off on me!) home!

Slavika, you can see why I have decided that until retired, I won't start on the puppy thing. They just take so much time.

All, I hope the challenge goes well with you all. I am always trying and it comes and goes, but I think I will pass on the challenge right now. Just trying to keep my head above water in other areas.

Gloria, so funny, but since Maria's blog I feel that I know you so much better. It is great to really see somebody and where they live so you can put all that you know about them in one place.

Hopefully we are on the right side of summer now. It rained off and on all weekend. Our son Kyle and family came up over the weekend. He has the two little boys. Jackson is 3 and is just a mosquito magnet. I am sure that the mosquitoes will be out in force with all the puddles. My yard is green and my flowers look stunted. Flowers don't flourish in overabundance of rain.

Any of you state-siders doing anything exciting for the 4th? All fireworks displays are postponed here because it is too wet for a bunch of cars to be parked anywhere. We just might go to a movie or some such unpatriotic thing.
Glenda
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #11  
Super Surfer

Smile It is the Canada Day long weekend here..

Somehow I never think of the long weekends anymore since my DH retired. It is always a long weekend for us.
Maria, this morning I started right from the beginning and read the your blog right through to the end. It was nice seeing all of your pictures.
Ann I am sorry to hear your DH is still in hospital. I hope you will be able to go on your holiday when the time comes.
Gloria, I read about your 50th anniversary party coming up. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. You and your DH make such a lovely couple.
Ash, I too get stunned when I step on the scale. I am always trying to lose, but never get anywhere. I guess that I could technically be part of the challenge, but don't think any weight will shift.
Glenda, From what I read, you win the prize for the most rain. Too much rain is just as bad as not enough when it comes to the flowers.
Karen, you are right about the swim suits. Just put the dumb thing on, forget about it and enjoy the water. What else can we do? One thing for sure is there will always be someone who looks worse.
Hi Bernice & Peggy, you two are on the other thread and I don't remember anything that I read.
I have a miserable cold, lots of coughing and sputtering going on here. I have no idea how I picked it up as no one I know has a cold. I spend most of the night sitting up coughing.
Bye for now..
Trudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:42 PM   #12  
Ash

Default Day 2

Sorry if I keep reporting how I am going even if it is only Day 2 but I find that the support of you girls is very important to me.

I bombed out last night but am back on line today.

Love Jenye.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wUi0B8T/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...B8T/weight.png
Old 07-02-2007, 09:44 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Hi: Well he is still there and I met the Doc as I was coming out of the elevator, and he says he's going to be there a while. So I am sure the trip os off. I'll see about another time or I will invoke the trip insurance that i took out. It is just disappointing, for sure.

Hi everyone. I'm off to bed, so I can get up really early and try to se the Dr. myself in the morning.

Ann
Old 07-02-2007, 10:36 PM   #14  

Smile Hello

Well haven't been here for awhile. Had to put my toy poodle Kasha down last Friday. She went into congestive heart failure and went downhill in 5 days.It was so sad and I miss her so much.
I started dieting again with those capsules Alli. Haven't suffered the so called treatment effects. Has anyone tried the dressings that you spray ? I think they are made by Seven Seas. They are very good and basically few calories.
Ann, I hope DH makes a speedy recovery. My friend has atrial fibrilation and she's on coumadin to stop the blood from pooling in her heart and to avoid strokes.
We are still trying to get this house ready to put on the market which here is practically dead. We are looking and still don't know where we will relocate.
The weather here is nice and cool and we are enjoying it.
My son is looking to rescue a Great Dane and he passed the the home study. I think it's easier to adopt a child than a dog.
I miss Florida cause being home in NJ has been very stressful.
Time to do some housework-catch you all later.
Bernice
muffinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #15  

A lot goes on here when I am not here.
Bernice I am sorry to hear about your little poodle. That is such a hard thing to go through.
Ann-I have to go back and read about your dh. I am sorry to hear that he is still in the hospital and that you had to cancel your trip. Like you said though, his health is the most important. I will keep him in my prayers.
Jennye-good for you for joining WW and our little challenge. When you get siderailed just get back on. You can do it and your health is very important. Baby steps lead to bigger ones.
Trudy I hope you feel better. I hate having a cold. I like your comment about bathing suits.
Maria are you all caught up. Loved seeing the pics of the girls. They are so cute.
Glenda I hope you have a dry holiday. I keep seeing about all the rain that Texas gets and I guess you get a lot of it also.
We watched P Sunday. They went golfing. When we get him we also get the dogs. Doug and P had a great time running under the sprinkler.
I went to lunch yesterday with the work girls. When I got home my sister left a big table top on my porch. She had it basecoated and antiqued with a pale green. My job is to do some decorative painting on it. I worked on it all morning and painted some hydrangeas around the edges in pale blues, pinks and lavenders. It turned out nice. It is for some kind of auction or something. I will be glad to get it out of here - it takes up too much space in my painting area.
I just got my hair cut and colored. It feels good. As far as exercise goes I got a weight loss dance video from Prevention. It is sort of fun even though I have trouble following along. I am a slooow learner. I just try to do it when no one is around. lol
Peggy
painter5 is offline   Reply With Quote