Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-17-2007, 02:06 AM   #1  
Going around again

S/C/G: 289/249/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hydroxycut

I am not trying to push any supplement on someone, especially with the side effects some of them come with.

I am mostly skeptical about these weight loss things ... however, in a fit of desperation and depression, I decided to try Hydroxycut alongside my diet.

While I do not know about the claims for actual weight loss through thermogenics, because i have stopped weighing myself for awhile, I have to admit that my appetite and desire to binge ... since I am not often hungry anyway but eat out of habit and boredom ... has been greatly decreased.

Not only that, but I am finding another side effect ... many times I actually feel naseated by food.

While not pleasant to be nausueas, it is a welcome change to my normal food addiction.
MoragMunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:27 AM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Does the Hydroxycut you are taking contain ephedrine? Ephedrine is very dangerous and can cause heart problems as well as other dangerous symptoms. If it is ephedrine free It likely has a very high dose of caffeine which could be causing the nasea. Either way it is not a safe and efective way to lose weight. I took it a few years ago as well as some of my friends (with ephedrine) It did not help any one that I know of lose any significant amount of wieght.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:16 PM   #3  
it's always something

It's loaded with stimulants. They can have the effect of nausea, which probably isn't the best appetite suppressant.

The other ingredients are totally useless for weight loss, but are added because of the hype (myths) that surrounds them.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:22 PM   #4  
Going around again

The ephedra was removed for legal reasons ... also, in Canada, ephedra in supplements are illegal. So no worries that way ...

There are definately stimulants in it. I haven't found that they make me hyper or edgy, tho. The opposite, actually .. I feel calmer.

I don't think that the claims of it burning fat is true .... I think there is not replacement for eating less, excercising more ... but it has worked wonders for helping me with cravings and that sort of thing ... causing me to eat less.

Also, a weird side effect has been that sugar now tastes sickly to me ... so lots of sweet stuff that I liked, when I take these, are out of my cravings.

This was my first month on them, going on three weeks now. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and then again in a month to see if there has been any signifigant difference.

But it is making the whole thing easier, which for the cost is well worth it.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #5  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

My bud went on it for a couple weeks to lose the last few pounds. It worked.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 147/130/120

Height: 5ft 1 in

I'm on the hydroxycut hardcore. I don't know if it really has helped or not with weight loss, but it has really helped with "waking me up" in the morning to work out. I am losing weight at a normal speed (1 to 2 pounds a week), but I am watching what I eat and excercise daily.
kihayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #7  

I used to work at GNC and saw a ridiculous amount of customers come in day in and day out for diet pills. for some reason they had an effect on me and i decided to get hydroxycut as well. Like you i was nauseated by food, felt the caffiene buzz and was sleepless at nights. But i was oddly happy that i didn't eat as much until i had a customer who came in for hydroxycut. She was beautiful and thin - which made me wonder why she would ever buy diet pills. Then she told me that she had lost around 30 pounds dieting, exercising and taking hydroxycut. she had gone off it after reaching her goal but was putting on weight - while eating right and exercising. So she proceeded to take it to control her weight. From then on i stopped taking them.
So you just have to ask whether you want to take them even after you lose weight.
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #8  
Refreshed

I've taken supplements in the past - including a very low dose of ephedra (when it was legal). I found them helpful in the way of energy - I had more energy to workout and hence, lost more weight.

I would try another supplement, but one sans ephedra. I think if you are taking the recommended amount (I always take less), eating right, and exercising, it can help.
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:36 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I took it about 9 yrs ago, when it had ephedra in it. It worked great, and I lost alot of weight on it. Now I wont touch it, the caffeine in it affects me more than the ephedra ever did. The new hydroxycut makes me very edgy and extremely shakey.

To calm my hunger right now I am taking hoodia, and Im quite pleased with it.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #10  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

I just bought a bottle of the caffeine-free variety and I'm having trouble finding solid information on it. And, from this thread, it seems that there are alot of varying ideas on it.

Has anyone had severe adverse side effects (like bleeding from the eyes)? I'm willing to give the whole bottle a go, but will just toss it now if it's dangerous.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #11  
Ready to do it!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/164

Height: 5'7

I'm taking hydroxycut Hardcore. I do notice a difference in energy. Work outs are SO difficult with out it!! But you do have to diet and eat right- or your results wont be anything exciting! But be careful! It does kinda turn into a crutch!! A lot of times it turms into a pshychological need than something that is actually helping your weight loss. My fiance took it, and along with a ridiculous diet and 7-day a week work outs Lost 65 lbs from Oct to January. This was before I met him. I'm sure it was a combo of his work (construction), eating habits and gym sessions that had more to do with it than the pills, but it DID give him the energy to go!! But even now, that he is thin, he still takes it. I think it's more of a safety blanket for him now. BUT it isn't going to work for him the way it did when he went straight holocaust! He is picking up some weight- but around 5 lbs not to bad.
4thebigday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:58 PM   #12  

Height: 5'5

I personally wouldn't take Hydroxycut ever again. I took it once, not sure if there was ephedra or caffiene in it, I know that both effect me negatively. I did lose a little weight but had super bad headaches and nearly passed out once. Maybe it's just how my body reacts to it, but I wouldn't want any of that to happen to you
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
I personally wouldn't take Hydroxycut ever again. I took it once, not sure if there was ephedra or caffiene in it, I know that both effect me negatively. I did lose a little weight but had super bad headaches and nearly passed out once. Maybe it's just how my body reacts to it, but I wouldn't want any of that to happen to you
YES!!! I got MASSIVE HEADACHES while on hydroxycut! I also was EXTREMELY moody and if I didn't quit that stuff, I think I would have lost all my friends I turned into a completely different, snappy, short-tempered person, which is very unlike me; I'm normally very patient and calm. I also felt anxious and nervous, like I was going to have a mini panic attack.

I'll never take it again. I've found that all diet pills make me feel that way - I've also tried TrimSpa and Zantrax 3, which had similar side effects.

I HATE DIET PILLS
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:31 AM   #14  
Going around again

Wow, it's always interesting how the same product affects different people. So we definitely have to be very careful what we take.

For me, I find that the Hydroxycut---the regular version with caffeine---makes me calmer and more relaxed, not edgier, though it does give me a boost energy wise.

So rather than taking it before breakfast, I take it before my workout. Then I have breakfast, since I am burning more calories from the workout. I then take my dose for lunch. I skip the one for dinner, though, since it's a stimulant and will keep me up at night.

I have been on it for about two months now, and I have been very happy with it. It's not the miracle product they claim it to be, but I didn't really think anything would be. But it's definitely worth the cost for me.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

Hmmm.. I've tried Hydroxycut (reg. version). I liked it in that I didn't experience any negative side-effects and usually I'm pretty sensitive to medication. I too only took just one pill, except before weight training, sometimes I would take the two. And I also skipped the late afternoon dose. I bought the caffeine free version for evenings, but hardly ever take it -- didn't notice any effect period. I agree wth Morag that it gives a little boost, but nothing earth shattering, lol.

Conversely, I have a bottle of Xenedrine and I'm going through it very slowly (since my Hydroxycut was finished). I had purshased a bottle after reading one of those fitness mags and thought it might be better than the Hydroxycut. For me, the Xenadrine seems to come up on me (like vitamins can do) and I don't notice increased energy during my workouts so I'm very unexcited about finishing the bottle. Will not buy Xenadrine again.

Side note: I tried Xenedrine years ago when it contained ephedrine; even on half the reccommended dosage I could not tolerate it. It made my head feel as if it were going to burst (elevated blood pressure?) Ugh.
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote