Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:16 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #257

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hello, ladies! The above Red, White & Blue is in honor of our upcoming holiday, lol

Jules - I'm sure you'll notice this later, but you'll need 2 cans of potatoes to halve the recipe. The original recipe makes 16 servings, which is quite a bit.

Sue - are you going to be closing on the sale of your house in Vegas? I was thinking you hadn't done that yet, unless it was by fax.

PJ - yay for your new A/C.

Hello to everyone else.

Well, the carpet guy did a wonderful job on the carpet, but the red crayon stain did not come out. He said we shouldn't have used Oxyclean on it, since that just made it worse. It's a lot better than it was, though, and not nearly as noticable.

I went to an interesting book group tonight. We talked about the book 90 Minutes in Heaven and will have 2 more meeting in the next few weeks.

Time for my oatmeal... gotta run.

<--- For all of you, from me.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #3  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies! how are you all doing? just figured I would check on every one to see how you are all doing.

Jane~ I saw that book and was wondering how it is. Is it a good book?
Old 06-28-2007, 01:56 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Evening gals!

Having sciatic nerve issues today......so instead of walking on the treadmill I've been doing some yoga. Been helping quite a bit. The darn nerve has been bothering me since last week....and the hike and bike ride probably aggravated it a little (or a lot, but hey.....at least I had a blast!!)

Ok now, time for some indi's.

Sue--
I'll have to look into the gel covers and see what they have out there. I think my hubby has something like that on his bike.....not sure why I haven't gotten anything like that for myself?!

PinkJane--Is your treadmill still up and running for ya?? You're doing such a wonderful job at keeping at it! I only walk for 30mins, I can't imagine walking for another 30 on top of that! Keep up the great work!

Jules--James and I plan on hiking a lot this summer. We even talked about doing some during the winter or try something new. It's almost like we've both hit a "mid-life" crisis! wanting to go out and do all kind of things. We just want to stay active instead of looking back when we're older and realizing that we didn't get up from the couch that often.

Tammy--Ok...I don't know who Sara Evans is, but thank you. I've never been compared to anyone who was a celebrity. Congrats on the 1.4 lbs gone!! Great job!! You're so close to your goal!!

Cristina--I haven't had any troubles w/3FC either. I hope it doesn't keep up. We'll let ya know if we hear anything. Come back when the computer lets you stay on long enough.

Mindee--I hope little Marissa starts feeling better soon. Nothing like a little baby having the sniffles and not being able to say anything.

Jane--You need to check out the Geo cache and see if there is anything like that in your area. I believe James found out about it when he was looking things up for his GPS that he recently bought. (Men and their toys!) I told James that it would be fun to find some friend who would like to start our own hunts. Hide things in difficult places and then leave a "treasure" of some kind inside. He's going to talk to some guys at work.

Hello to everyone else out there. Hope I didn't miss too many of you.

Ok...I have to get some yoga done before I go to bed or else I'll wake up all stiff and in pain. (body is aging WAAAYYY too fast for me) You all have a great night!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #5  

figured I would jump on here now since all the kids are napping....which lately has been a rare occurance to have them all napping at the same time.

Marti~ I hope you are feeling better today.

I took the plunge and got back onto a website that helped keep me motivated to losing weight after I had Logan. I restarted myself at the bottom of the totem pole in the first step, which I figured would be the best thing to do since it has been a looooooong time since I have been on the site. So, I am officially back in the saddle again so to speak.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:47 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quick HI

Not getting as much done as we anticipated because of the stupid rain! But we did get the sprinklers in Or I should say, the company did...lot of work. Change of plans for tomorrow because of the rain...we can't start the fence, bummer. So it will have to wait until Sunday or Monday. Oh well, there's the pergola to work on as well as putting lots of shelves in the garage. Anyway...that's about all I have.

Take care and I hope everyone has a great week and 4th!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:53 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies!

Mindee - the book is awesome during the description of the 90 minutes, which is the first 3 chapters. The rest is less interesting, but still worth reading.

Marti - hope your sciatica is better today.

Cristina - we've had too much rain here, too. First, a drought, now this.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I got my hair trimmed and colored today - makes me feel so much better. I think she went a little darker this time. She does that - lighter, then darker. I think she uses whatever dye she has in stock, lol. Hey, I'm easy to please as long as those grays are gone, lol.

Tomorrow morning I'm picking up Macy for the morning, and we're going to go shopping and have lunch. I've planned for Wendy's since they have the broiled chicken and mandarin oranges. Not bad, for fast food.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:00 AM   #8  

nothing much on this end.....we did get the kids' baptisms set up. my mom's friend is a minister and he is going to baptize the kids on August 11th. we are going to do it at my mom's house in the early after noon and then have a BBQ afterwards. we are also going to be having a wedding as well!!! my sister Beth and her boyfriend are going to get married! (I accidentally walked in on Beth's ex-husband's wedding reception last Friday when me and Tommy were on our date) I probably won't be on here that much over the weekend. we have a busy weekend ahead, plus we are watching a friend's daughter so it will be a lot of fun around here.

Jane~ What is the book about? I can't remember if you said what it is about. I got my hair cut and highlighted the last time we were up at my mom's house. My mom and my sister cut my hair and then my sister died it for me. actually she frosted it for me, but I love it because it too hides the grays. (and let me tell you....I had to die them! Tommy and my mom kept pointing them out to me when I was still pregnant with Marissa)

Cristina~ I hope it stops raining soon so that you guys can get things done.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

3+ miles this morning...but the scales were only down a pound the last week. I hope Vegas doesn't ruin me! I know I won't be walking there as it is over 100*
Doing the last minute things as DH mows the yard so we can get out of here. SIL lives near the airport so we go there and hitch a ride.

Jane- We are closing the sale of the Vegas place and driving home. We had left a vehicle there for the last few years.

Marti- I do like the gel seat..makes a difference.

Mindee- Lots of fun with an added little one.

Cristina- Sorry the rain has stopped your progress. It is supposed to cool down and be dry for a few days now...hope that is true for you.

Okay everyone..be good! Tata for now.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:39 PM   #10  

Hi

Just a quick hello from me today.....I need to shower and get ready for work. I may not get much if any time on the computer this weekend....Jhanai will be coming over and is bringing a friend. So they'll keep me busy.

Hope you're all enjoying the day and have a GREAT weekend!!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #11  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday Ladies!!

Busy day today! Our garage door needed repairing and still considering replacing it even though the house is only about 10 yr old. It's only the builder grade. Waiting to hear what the cost will be. I presently have painters over doing my living and dining rooms. Then tomorrow I'll do the bottom part of the chair rail in the dining room with wallpaper. Sunday we will do a "meet the parents" with my daughter's fiance's parents. Going to brunch. It should be interesting...fiance's mom is Filipino with a strong accent, dad is hispanic and with my dh's deep sounthern drawl, I might throw in some strong Baltimorese, hon! We might not be able to understand each other so the conversations should be interesting.!! For those who don't know Baltimorese, check out this site: http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/baltese.htm

Anyone have big plans for the 4th? Kinda stinks that it falls in the middle of the week. I have to work. I gotta do one of the summer holidays and got stuck with the 4th this year. Oh, the painters are almost done! Gonna check out the finish product! See ya!
Old 06-29-2007, 04:29 PM   #12  

hello ladies! just checking in real quick.....

marti~ I am sure you will be extremely busy! have fun!

Tammy~ are you going to post after pictures of the paint job?
Old 06-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Mindee - the book is about a man who was pronounced dead and came back to share his 90 minutes in heaven. Awesome.

Sue - hopefully you'll be able to post while in Vegas, as usual. When you drive home, will you be taking any detours to do some fun stuff, or more likely focus on getting back right away? Neal is one to just drive home, where I'm the one who wants to veer off the beaten path, lol. I have wanderlust.

Marti - two 13 year-olds will surely be lots of fun. Sometimes when my girls had their friends over, we'd do a spa thing, or make-overs, lol. I'd let them paint my nails those wacky colors, and have to say I miss those days. Won't be long until the DGDs can do the same!

Tammy - wow, sounds like the tower of babel. But I'm confused - I had no idea people in Baltimore Maryland talked like what I read at the link you gave, lol. Sounds more like the south, like your DHs accent. Hope your meeting with DSs in-laws to be is good, and nothing resembling Meet the Fockers, lol.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I had a lot of fun today with Macy. Then later I spent some time catching up on phone calls.

I've been OP and feel good about that. I pray everyday that I can continue. So far, so good.

Ciao for now!
Old 06-30-2007, 01:41 AM   #14  

jane~ that sounds like an interesting book. I might have to look into finding it, so I can read it
Old 06-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #15  

Helloooooooo ladies!

Another quicky from me since I need to clean up, head to the store then go pick up DD's friend. We've had downpours all week and today is absolutely gorgeous out! It's suppose to get up to the 90's by the fourth. Too hot for fireworks I think.

Been reading in the paper about the new Simpsons movie. There is a contest to see which Springfield town they'll premiere in so of coarse our town (Springfield, OR) is all into that lately. It will interesting to see who wins.

Ok...I must get off of here.

Chat w/ya all later!
Closed Thread