Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #1  

Default Fluidity

I've been seeing the infomercials for the Fluidity Method. Has anyone used this product? If so, how do you like it?
pgerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #2  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I have it and it's really great! Of course, now that it's summer and I'm outside exercising more than inside, I haven't used it as much. But when I was using it, my flexibility increased tremendously, my whole body felt strong...it's very subtle movements, but you can definitely feel it working. I recommend it...my 3yo daughter likes to do it with me, too
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

Any other comments on this? I just recently saw an infomercial for this too.
jusalilbabefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Is that the Greer Childers thing?
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Or is this the fluidity bar?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW220/SW195/CW164/GW160

Height: 5'10"

If it's the Fluidity bar that we're talking about, one should be arriving at my house on Monday. I'll report back.
charisma classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #7  

I was talking about the bar. It looks really interesting. I wanted to know if anyone had something to say. I am currently just trying to change my habits and include activity on a regular basis so it may be a little pricey for me right now. But who knows what the future holds.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by charisma classic View Post
If it's the Fluidity bar that we're talking about, one should be arriving at my house on Monday. I'll report back.
Can't wait to hear how it works out for you.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 8"

Got it. Love it (OK well, usually love it )
I got mine the second week in January and (surprise, surprise) haven't even considered putting it on e-bay. Still faithfully doing it 3 days a week and recently moved myself up to the "Intermediate" video. Seems to be working - I've got both inches and pounds going away and I feel soooooo much better. One of the things I really like about it is that on the videos there are 3 people demonstrating the moves at 3 different levels instead of a bunch of people, all smaller and in better shape than me, doing things that my body refuses to do.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

There has been some discussion in the Exercise equipment forum, here is the most recent thread -
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99215
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #11  

Yoyodieterinvegas I love your quote in your signature. It's true, its all hard so just pick your hard.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW220/SW195/CW164/GW160

Height: 5'10"

Ok, my Fluidity bar arrived yesterday. Dragging the box up the stairs and into the house was a workout in itself (as was disassembling the massive box) but then I finally got it set up to try.

I definately like it. It's not a sweating and panting kind of work out and it won't leave you sore for hours afterwards, so if you need that to feel like you've done something, this isn't for you. It is a lot of gentle movements and stretching, but wow can you really feel the muscles working. I was able to do all of the exercises except the one where you sit with you back against the board and lift both legs at the same time. Not happening here. Not yet anyway. I couldn't believe how quickly the time flew by and afterwards I actually repeated some of the moves on my own without the video because it was so much fun.

Before I bought it I read a few complaints on line, of course. People complained the exercises were impossible. I think that if you are incredibly unflexible and utterly out of shape, these would be rather difficult. But part of it is building flexibility and there are modified versions of many exercises, especially for those who cannot get their leg onto the hip-high bar. I remember another complain about someone who said there was no way to store the bar under the bed. I thought this too - then I noticed that you can pull the straps tighter than they were when they shipped and - voila - Fluidity is under the bed as we speak.

A lot of people were complaining about the weight. You know what? Yeah, this sucker's heavy. But I have decided to think of dragging the 55 pounds of it out for setup as part of the work out Besides, I have no desire to have from a 10-pound apparatus.

Overall, I am loving it so far. It's fun, and that's a big deal to me as far as motivation to keep going. With the treadmill I'm sweating and it feels like I'm really doing something, but I have to continuously talk myself into 2 more mintes.

As far as losing inches and toning, I'll be in touch after a few more sessions. The muscles have to work their way through some, uh, other layers before they'll start to show themselves.

One side note: My boyfriend complained that it smelled. It has an evident odor from lubricant or something, but I remember (and reminded him) that our Gazelle smelled that way at first, too, and it's just fine now.
charisma classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #13  
On my way!

S/C/G: 165/161/135

Height: 5'5

Default Fluidity

Well, this is my first comment on 3 fat chicks! yay! I got my fluidity bar about a month ago and I personally love it. It's a very stretchy type exercise and I like that. I'm not super fond of working out; I have Slim in 6 (love it, very jumpy & sweaty & hard) and I run, bike, rollerblade so this is a nice type of workout that's not so jump aroundy.

It DOES stink. It's been a month and the smell is just [I]now[I] subsiding.
tanyakristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:36 PM   #14  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi tanyakristine. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and support here.

I'm tempted to get the fluidity bar, but I'm to stingy to let go of 200 bucks!
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote