Old 06-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! 6/22-6/29

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!! everyone is welcome to join!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Hi, again! I posted on your previous week's thread as I didn't see this one. I'm just boppin' 'round tryin' to meet new friends since recently returnin' to 3FC and seein' if I fit in on the site anymore, so huzzah 'n I see that you folkettes share goals at the beginnin' o' a new month, so mayhap shall see thee later.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:33 PM   #3  
I AM healthy!

Hi welcome! Yeah we are always open to new people. We usually start a weekly thread. My goals are for cals to be 1400-1600 a day and toi eat mostly whole foods, SERIOUSLY limit any white bread/white rice /potatoes/ extra sugar etc. Walk 60-90 minutes 5 days a week, 6 if I can! How about you?
Old 06-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #4  
I AM healthy!

You went from 243 to 143? that is awesome! How did ya do it? I have lost 64 but I need to get down ward again! I know when I stick to this it happens.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:35 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

[color=bluue][b]Hi, Jasmine! Thank you for welcoming me!

It's a long story re the weight loss and the original weight loss took a long time!! I was down to 134 a few months ago but now I'm up again and headin' for my ULTRA GOAL of 125!

Some of the things that helped get me down were the support of some friends here on 3FC and other boards (I post all over the place); I also use fantasy to motivate myself to keep goin', have had three personal trainers, lift weights, have a gym in my house as well as a gym membership and am trying to become a runner of marathons ... lots of different strategies.

Right now I am doin' my UGP (Ultra Goal Plan) ... the ultimate plan to reach 125 by October 28! :laugh: It's complex and long term. I'll just say now that my goals for this coming week (my weigh-in aka the Ceremony o' the Golden Scale o' Dietary Justice) is tomorrow are to reach 141 in that weigh-in and then I'll formulate the exact parameters, etc., for the coming week. I just want to have a better cal week than I did last week. Exercise was good, did the workouts I had planned.

But like you right now I just want the scale to move downward again!!! See you. Thanks again for the welcome!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:13 AM   #6  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Mind if I jump in? I just started this current (and last) weight loss phase on June 8 -- and just found 3FC last week. I'm still trying to find a "home" here. With 70 to lose (and 10 already in the bag!).

This week's goal is to stay OP and my big struggle is to get moving (30 minutes/day) at least 3 days/week.
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #7  
I AM healthy!

Sounds good amarantha!

Queen yes you are welcome to join in!! 10 is a great start and I need to lose 70 more as well!

Well I have been keeping up with my walking. My cals have been about 1450 most days except last nite I splurged with the popcorn and wound up at 1750!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #8  
I AM healthy!

bumping for canuk!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Well with everyone coming and going and having there own delema's, we are only getting to the boards now and again. I am home from the cottage and not sure at the moment for how long, it was suppose to be three days. I just had another fight this time with my son, he does not see why he should pay half the expenses of the cottage when he is not living there as much as we are, unfortunately he is only 28 and works full time, where my husband and myself have been forced into retirement and are on a very low income. I am so upset at the moment that I am shaking. He does not get that we payed the expenses over the winter, that doesn't count and the boat he supposedly bought primarily for his father, he now wants us to foot half the insurance. Since he bought it, it hasn't even been used, due to bad weather after he bought it last year and now when it was finally put in the water, the engine would not go, it needs a new battery. We paid the ins. on the cottage in full for the past year. He wanted to see how much everything was, so I just got it all together and put it on the table, he took one look and said "Well looks like I can't afford it, so we will have to sell the place", I just answered "okay". He has paid for a lot of different things, but we have paid for alot more and never said anything. Maybe it is the new kayak he bought on the weekend, plus another joint bill that is due, that is getting to him. I don't know, but if we have to sell we do, my husband is going to be devasted, but that's life and your own kids.

Sorry to bring this to the start, when just returning, but it just happened and I am having trouble dealing.

Food has not been bad, trying to get some walking in, and did get a good long bike ride in this past week, just have to keep on moving, somehow.
Water was not the best, drinks with friends were my downfall. Tryed to do enough house work to beat it back though.

Amarantha, we are a good group of people, sometimes we vent, other times just chat and of course tell about our ups and downs with food, water and exercise. Unfortunately lately we are coming and going a lot, so sorry we have not replied. Your welcome to join us though, we are hot and mostly healthy.

Miss ya VeggieGirl, what is happening on the job front?

Jasmine sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations with your X and your daughter. Have things been resolved? How about hubby's job?

I will be here for a few days, if not longer, if anyone else is available.

QueenJane, welcome as well. Had entered this on the wrong thread yesterday.

Must say a little calmer today, son not anywhere in this vicinity, girlfriend off, so staying there. Just called and spoke to dh (I would not answer it)
Said he would be home after hockey to talk, he doesn't realize I am heading out in the afternoon and dh immediately after he coaches his game. Will hopefully get back online tomorrow, have a doc's appt. and want to get to the cottage before dinner.

Talk to you all tomorrow, have a good one, thanks Jasmine for finding me and putting me on the right thread, I should of checked, but was to mad at the time. Another day this is!!! Knives and all Jasmine.
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:43 PM   #10  
I AM healthy!

Oh hun I am sorry to hear about the cottage! That would be great to have a place to get away too! That is sad your son does not place priority on stuff like that. Those are the fun times, vacationing etc.

Is there any ways to keep it? Maybe will another family member want to chip in and be able to stay there sometimes?

Quote:
Jasmine sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations with your X and your daughter. Have things been resolved? How about hubby's job?
Thanx hun. Court was a nitemare with the judge not really listening and him thinking we are some religious nuts taking everything away for no reason, and yelling at us. My 14 y/o daughter is drawing pics of girls with their legs spread and the judge said he encourages ALL FORMS of art work! Umm...hello she thru her tv thru the wall and was writing I will kill you on marker in her room! The Evaluator for the counseling told me if she hurts herself to call the police. PERIOD. Unfortunately the counseling thru that agency doesn't start back til she goes back to school.

Lots more drama but I am sick of it for now. The judge did say the kids need to stay with us though PTL. We have to go back to court in October and mediation again in sept.

Well the hiring process is still not complete so we are still praying. They are waiting to hear back about the physical. *sigh*

I have been working hard on my walking the last two months.

Jan was 865 minutes
Feb was 285 minutes
March was 430 minutes
April was 300 minutes
May was 920 minutes
June so far is 1069 minutes

Jan 1 I started at 208 and got down to 203 by end of jan, but due to all the problems with my ex I started eating mostly bad again and not walking much as you can see by the stats. I wasn't tracking my fitday much either except the walks. By March 1 I was 211, By April 30 I realized I was 220! It snuck back on so quickly!

So in May I started really buckling down with the walking again. And what always happens to me is I lose a few pounds first, the gain a few with muscle, but I look leaner. I have been doing REALLY good this month. Some days I am even pushing a stroller thru dirt, sand , rocks etc. I can tell the difference in my body that I am losing again even though it doesn't look like much on the scale yet. As of a few days ago I am down to 214, thank goodness. I am tracking my cals again and am going to go for 1400-1600 average . For some reason my right leg is smaller than my left leg around. I know my arms have been getting leaner too. In general I am doing really good with my eating but today will be my treat day.

Quote:
Talk to you all tomorrow, have a good one, thanks Jasmine for finding me and putting me on the right thread, I should of checked, but was to mad at the time. Another day this is!!! Knives and all Jasmine.
Sharon S.
*PULLS THE KNIFE OUT*

Hang in there hun! I have to keep reminding myself amidst all this crap not to let this stress me out! Easier said then done, I had 2 panic attacks last week! *sigh* try to separate youself from it as much as possible!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:28 PM   #11  
I AM healthy!

Okay so yesterday I was pretty bad. 3000 calories bad I started reading a book again that I read two years ago. It is great and really kicked me off on my eating fruit for breakfast and more healthier.

He recommends ONLY fruit til noon which I agree with but I had slipped a bit and started adding yogurt into my smoothie. Right now my blender is broke! I need a new one and plain yogurt does not cut it! That has also been limiting my fruit since I usuallly have frozen fruit around.

Lots of sales on water melon and cantaloupe so i have been eating that and trying to get fresh bananas.

Anyways so yesterday i did those 3, NO COFFEEE and went for a walk at 11 and got back from walking/library at 12:30. I was extremely hungry! Cranky, hot tired too and no coffee to boot!

I had "planned " a salad and maybe spanish rice. By the time I got home I just wanted food!! I drank a bunch of crystal light(not sure if that is what made me want to have so much food! I normally drink a bunch of water and green tea, I think I may need to go back to doing that and keep the crystal light to a treat. ) Anyhow I wound up having 3 corn tortillas, a bunch of home made salsa, 3/4 cup of ground turkey and 1 cup of brown spanish rice. Now that in and of itself would not of been so bad if I had gone for a light dinner. But I was feeling so tired. (stress lately, not able to get to bed early etc)

I was feeling munchy so had 1/4 cup walnuts, not bad but then i was STILL hungry wound up having rwo servings of pretzels! Okay still not too bad, but I was STILL feeling tired! I have been staying away from white flour/white tortillas/white rice/white bread. I make my own whole wheat bread and actually mill my own flour. The tortillas are a bit time consuming though and with the kids out of school I grabbed some white tortillas for quick. Anyhow. I could not resist them any longer and caved and had not one, but two! with peanut butter in them! I still measured though.

And to top it all off we hadn't even had dinner yet! I was too tired earlier to plan to cook anything and so Joe had said he would bring home pizza. I allow myself that a few times a month but on top of everything else...*sigh*

I honestly wasn't really hungry. But I LOVE pizza! I had 2 pieces of cheese pizza and 5 stix of crazy bread and he brought home chocolate cake from work!!!

The great thing is my "maintenance cals" are 2200, 2800 if I walk 60 minutes, which I did. So I was just a bit over. 3000!! Yikes!

I am not going to worry about it. Today is a new day. I really wonder if that crystal light triggered me to want to eat so much! I have noticed that some diet soda does that to me too! So I try to stay away from that as well. What I treat myself with about once a week is regular 7-up. I LOVE it but for some reason I am able to drink 16 oz and thats it!

Today is a pretty good day. i want to have popcorn tonite so i am planning accordingly. I had my banana, grapefruit, 2 cups of cantaloupe for breakfast. I made an awesome salad for lunch. 1 tbs ranch, 3.5 cups romaine, tomato, 1 hard boiled egg, 1/4 cup canned salmon, some onion, 2 olives.

I made some for everyone and everyone liked it!

I just went ahead now and had my 16oz of coffee and am thinking about what to do for dinner. I know I really should have some yogurt to keep my calcium up but uggghhh, plain yogurt? I am making a whole chicken and some broccoli and carrots.

How is everyone else doing. I still need to walk tonite!
Old 06-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #12  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

all!

Here I am. Sorry I haven't been around lately. So much stuff is happening, my head is spinning and my heart is aching. I missed you all though. Oddly, with all the stress and excitement, I've gotten back on track with my WL. I've had a loss every week for the past month. Promise to be more active!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #13  
I AM healthy!

Hi Jasonslea! Come on over to the new thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...44#post1755344

Last edited by Jasmine31; 07-01-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #14  
I AM healthy!

We will make it a monthly one til we start getting more activity again!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #15  
I AM healthy!

wrong thread!