Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 07:01 AM   #1  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile St Patrick's Day Poundage Pledge Party #2

Top O' the Threads to Ye!

I thought it would be nice to start off the new week with a new thread. Nothing startling to report. No loss this a.m., but I know that as long as I continue along it will happen.

My new plan is going great. 4 days down, and it feels so good to have control. Why would I give it up? Never mind, I'm holding on!

Here's the stats to start with:

Angel-Eyes' Goal: Lose 8
JoJoJo2's Goal: Maintain
Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9, 5 to go
Joanie's Goal: Lose 11, 6.6 to go
Crone's Goal: Lose 10, 9 to go
Sheila's Goal: Lose 10
Momto2Boys' Goal: Lose 8
Hockeychic's Goal: Lose 7, 6 to go
Babette: Lose 10, 7 to go

Let's make this a fabulous day, Everyone!

Love to all,
babette
Old 02-25-2002, 12:12 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Not sure what streak day this is! Never got to do a weigh-in yesterday as the plumbing went crazy again and I had a bad fall and hurt back, wrists and both knees. Between emergency rooms (two), being admitted to hospital then discharged in the wee hours, I never felt like eating, so had tons of milk and slimfast cans about 4 a.m., so my weight is probably up temporarily. I'll just skip the whole thing until next week. I have peace in my house because the water is turned off and need to go back and sleep. So have a great green day Leprechaun Lasses and perservere.
Old 02-25-2002, 02:38 PM   #3  

Unhappy Poor Crone!

Sweetie, you are exempt from having to make this a fabulous day! Take good care of yourself and feel better!
Old 02-25-2002, 04:43 PM   #4  

Default Get Better Soon Crone!!!

Crone...you poor thing....make sure you get all the rest and relaxing you need to.....just glad to hear your "OK" and not hurt worse than you were!!!

Well, I am alive....I havent posted much in the past two weeks but this past week was due to Jesse's 6yr bday party we thru on Saturday!!! Had a good time though.....was major pooped by 5pm I think I was ready for bed....ha ha....but managed to hold out until about 10pm when Jesse and his 2 sleepover buddies finally cashed in......!!!

I have not been following plan as strictly as I should be but I am also not doing really bad.....I had so much going on the past 2 weeks I am surprised I didnt gain 10lbs.....I am right now as of this morning at 173lbs....!!! So, I will plug away to make my st pats day pledge......take care all....LisaL

AE? where ya been? I havent noticed you posting lately either???? Hoping all is well with the boys and hubby and yourself!!!
Old 02-25-2002, 06:57 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Default 15 day streak

evening everyone

just wanted to pop in and post I'm down 2.5 lbs. and feeling pretty good about it. especially after the way I felt yesterday, I had to fight back craving all night. But I made it and feel much better for not giving in.

sheila
Old 02-26-2002, 05:58 AM   #6  

Good Morning all!!!

Sheila, congrats...2.5 down...weigh to go!!!

Crone...poor baby...sorry to hear about your troubles...hope you're feeling better soon...rest & relax.

Mom to 2...good to hear from you...we missed you!

From the reading I've been doing it sounds like you all are doing fabulously well....Hooray! I've been struggling a bit to stay OP.& have had a couple falls off the wagon...but am committing myself to get back on as of right now & stay there.

Thank you all for your support. When I posted last week about how frustrated I get at the slowness of the process... I was not really referring to the 4 pounds down...just to the process in general... I just was getting frustrated by how far I have to go rather than praising myself for how far I've come...but hey...I am 23 pounds down from where I started and darnit...that's reason to celebrate!~ Thanks ladies!

Have a Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Staci
Old 02-26-2002, 07:40 AM   #7  

Angry Reporting in

Good Morning, Everyone!

I've made 5 days now OP and this a.m. was down another pound, only six to go to SP Day now. I'm going to make it. This just gets easier and easier. I remember now how great it was once I stopped eating when I wasn't hungry. I had to stop eating other than at the table when i was alone to be able to do that, since I seemed to sometimes lose my ability to control it in those situations. But once I did, it was SO empowering!

Last spring, i remember I had stuck to that for 8 weeks, and then, silly me, thought I had ultimate control and I could begin to nibble standing or watch tv on the couch while I had lunch. And it's taken me until now to get my control back. Plus I've still got about 12 or 13 pounds to RELOSE. But I'll do it!

Have a great day, All.

xo
babette
Old 02-26-2002, 10:16 AM   #8  
Happy Member

Default Update on me -

I am still maintaining. Not losing, not gaining, just maintaining, for which I am very thankful.

Crone - sorry to hear about your mishap. Take it easy, and recover as soon as possible.

Sheila - that is a great weight loss. Keep it up,and you certainly should feel good about it. You know what it takes to succeed.

Babette - 5 days OP is a great achievement, now extend it more days, please.

Joshie's Mommie - you are doing great. Not just the recent weight loss, but the overall loss you have achieved. Doesn't it feel good???

Mom to 2 etc. - you keep busy, don't you? I remember how hectic it was when I had two youngsters. Makes it hard to think of yourself. But it does sound like you are in control, and that is important. Do the best you can.

Everyone, keep smiling -
Old 02-26-2002, 10:53 AM   #9  

Well, I had a horrible day yesterday and although I am trying to fight it off today....I feel like I just want to eat and eat and eat.....and the sad thing is....I know I am not hungry...its sheer boredom.....but the car is out of commission right now so I am stuck here......but will do my best to not over indulge......!!!

Hoping you all have a great day...its gonna be a nice day today......wishing I had my stroller here cause I would go for a walk with Kail......oh well.....take care...LisaL
Old 02-26-2002, 11:03 AM   #10  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink Hi Ladies....

Hi Everyone!! Its so nice to see so many posts....and everyone is doing so well. That in itself is so motivating!! Keep it up.

Mom.....{{{hugs}}} I'm so glad to see you again. I missed you. I see that J's party was a big success, isn't that nice. I know myself, that its such a relief that the party was a big success because you want everyone to have a great time and get along. Its all about the kids....isn't it? It also sounds like you really enjoyed your holidays too. We're looking forward to the L's school break, beginning in April. Dh's parents are stopping here for a few days visit and then we are all driving to Georgia for 1 wk. Look out beaches!!......here we come!!! (haha...a little too soon for ol' angeleyes to be wearing a bikini...but maybe some new shorts)
My boys are all okay, and I'm doing well on plan with ww's.....I wouldn't worry about your last few days....just stick with the zero/low pt snacks and let that "eat your heart out" and then get back on plan. You are doing so well!!! COME ON!!

Crone......Hope today is a better day for you. Rest and take some nice hot baths to relax your aches....maybe splurge and get a nice massage. You are worth it!! take care

Last edited by angel-eyes; 02-26-2002 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:25 PM   #11  

Hey girls....how ya all doing? I am having a hard time getting refocused to 100% but as long as I dont blow it 100% I am doing OK......just need to get done being so exhausted and relax and then get my mind set back OP!!!

Well, time to go start dinner but I might attempt to make it into chat tonight......I have been so darn tired by 10pm I am normally asleep on the couch.....LOL

Take care....LisaL
Old 02-27-2002, 06:48 PM   #12  
soon to be goddess

Unhappy agh.....help me

Oh Ladies.....Leprachaun Lassie's...HELP ME!!! Here I was having an absolutely fabulous day when......I don't know what happened but at 3:30 the ol' snack attack hit and I lost the attack. I plead not guilty on the grounds of "girl guide cookie innoscense"!!! lol My problem is that once I started .....I couldn't stop. Luckily I ate really low pts by that time so I only went over by a few pts at my top range. But geez....isn't there a law about having most of your points by cookies? If you tell me there isn't a law, then I'm most thankful. See, in Canada we just have two types of cookies :a mixed chocolate/vanilla sandwich type and the chocolate mint ones. It was those darn.....SAMOSA'S!!!! Hence the SELF IMPOSED EXILE FROM THE KITCHEN!!! My saving grace is that I'm now SAFE in the upstairs tv room. I was never so lucky to be here....lol Thank god the box is now empty!!! Hope you all don't ever try these....bye
Old 02-28-2002, 08:43 AM   #13  

Morning ladies....how are ya all doing? I am freezing here in NE.....it was mid 60's on Tuesday....yesterday it snowed.....and today the windchill is FREEZING....sure cant wait for summer!!!

I ate really bad last night....I had 3 snacksize bags of chips last night while watching a movie.....and boy did I feel guilty afterwards!!! I sure hope I can get myself refocused sooner rather than later.....I know I am capable....it's just getting my mind set again......

Angel....if you see this and your going to chat this morning...I will keep checking in to see if your there.....not going to stay there alone.....LOL

Take care everyone.....LisaL

P.S. Crone....how are feeling? I hope your finding yourself getting back to normal and not all sore and achy anymore!!!
Old 02-28-2002, 09:40 AM   #14  
soon to be goddess

Wink just a little slip up......

Morning Ladies....and yes.....THE COOKIES HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING!!! I ended up only with a few extra points for the day, and used my banked ones for that...so,yes today is a new day....(and no cookies to wear me down...lol) I am now resigned to the fact that those cookies will be a faint and fond memory!! Thanks,for the help up after that stumble. NO COOKIES TODAY!!!

Today is.......clear clean thoughts of good healthy foods.
.......fresh crunchy and juicy fruit
.......a positive mental approach to food
.......motivation by example
.......living proof I am worth it!!!

Hope everyone has a super day!! The sun is shining and I feel like going for a nice walk. Enjoy your day.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:46 AM   #15  
Empress/Queen

Default Down for the count ...

Lithe Leprechaun Lassies, you are all doing great! I'm kind of having health & emotional problems due to the fall I had and am taking myself out of the St. Pat's challenge. Hope to return by the Easter challenge (Slim Sunny Bunny Challenge? Anti-Easter Candy Pledge? Easter Eggs for Fitness? Something, Something?)

Angel-Eyes: Samosas should be banned by the International Food Police!

Is this right?

Angel-Eyes' Goal: Lose 8
JoJoJo2's Goal: Maintain
Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9, 5 to go
Joanie's Goal: Lose 11, 6.6 to go
Sheila's Goal: Lose 10, 7.5 to go
Momto2Boys' Goal: Lose 8
Hockeychic's Goal: Lose 7, 6 to go
Babette: Lose 10, 6 to go

PLEASE UPDATE THIS LIST!!!! I WILL BE EAGERLY WATCHING IT, WHENEVER I GET OUT OF BED!!!

Peace always!
Closed Thread