Old 06-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #184 Bale of Turtles Doing Great!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchick.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other suppoolrt. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #2  
Chick

Beautiful day here in NY and my attitude is soaring with a bit of success.
to us all for doing the right thing even when it's not easy.
Judy
234.6/222/thinner onto onederland
Old 06-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #3  

Ladies -- well, I'm all wrapped up for the vacation, and I don't have enough time to start something new, so I thought I'd stop by. I am exhausted today -- I ended up working until 9 pm last night, so I didn't get into bed until 12, and I only got 5 or 6 hours of sleep...but I'm leaving for home in 15 minutes, so hopefully I'll get to go to sleep early tonight, so that I can be fresh and rested for my first day of vacation tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, even though I only have 4 flex points left until Friday AM. :eep: I think I'm going to run over, but I will track dilligently, even if I can't stay in my point target, and stick to one treat a day and bring my healthy snacks, and see what happens. Wish me luck.

Princess: I love the rain! I'm so jealous! Thank you for the good wishes, I think it will be great.

Judy: What is it about weeds that they seem to be able to reproduce while your back is turned? Congrats on losing weight even though you had four special occassions with food -- that is fabulous! Even if you don't lose weight (and I bet you will!), think about how different that is from old habits! I bet you were like me, and in a week with four special occasions, I'd definitely gain at least a pound -- in the past at least. You will start to lose weight again -- yo-yoing is so frustrating, I know -- but if you try new tactics (don't forget to give them time to work) and strategize, I'm confident that you will lose the weight -- remember, failure is only inevitable if you give up, but if you persist, success is yours (in all sane endeavors, like losing weight and job success -- no Don Quixote windmill-battling included. )

Okay, ladies, time to finish my lunch and hit the road, toad.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/214.6/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies, mine if I join your group. Had a good weigh in this morning, two pounds.

Will be gett ing the cmaper ready for our weekend camp with our Good Sam group. I think we may go camping July fourth, just have not made up our minds yet. I would like to.

I have been trying lots of WW recipes and oh my some of them are so wonderful and can be used with out club and the potlucks.

I am a lifetimer that had gone astray. Lost my weight the first time in the early 70's when it was so much more regimented. Had to have five fish, one liver, made our own catsup, jello, pancake syrup. I know if I did it then I should definitely be able to do it now. Of course there is more to get rid of but I am not going anywhere and it will come as it comes.

Have a good evening ladies,
Linda
happycamper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #5  
Chick

Hi Happycamper and
Our group has gotten a little smaller lately, so it's nice to have you join us.
We're all working hard at losing weight. Let us know a little more about yourself. This is me: I'm a retired grandma full of life and always trying to lose weight. I love this site because after a while you get to know how to help the other regulars and in the meantime you learn how to help yourself.
and good luck on your weight loss journey.
Judy
Old 06-20-2007, 08:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all!

Ariana: It was great to hear from you before you left to go on your vacation... best wishes for an awesome time!

Linda: Welcome, we would love to have you join us... as Judy says, our numbers are going down but we are a good group for information and support. Tell us about yourself... it is always nice to get to know everyone.
A bit about me: I am a human resource manager for a small software company in Indianapolis... I am 44 years old... Married with two boys, 18 and 22... I love animals and have three dogs... I have been on WW before but this time it is for life... I have been on since the spring of 06 and just hit the 45 lbs lost mark... love the program! I work out at the gym twice a week and take Pilates classes 2-3 times a week, DH and I like to ride our bikes and are pretty active, canoeing, horseback riding, we are trying lots of activities lately... that about covers it I think

Judy: Good job on the loss! I was very excited to see that with so many social functions you still are on a losing streak! Awesome! I know what you mean about the grass and weeds... boy we have them here also... some weekends I work at them and others I just turn my back on them... bad idea I know but some days I just don't want to deal with it.

Have a happy day all!

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #7  
Chick

Okay Turtles, I didn't get to the grass/weeds today, but I did a much bigger project that I had been putting off. My dh and I took apart the day bed in one spare room and placed it in another room and added a trundle underneath for when the kids and grandkids come over. Trust me, I have manhandled and moved more mattresses and box springs than I ever wanted to. LOL. But I figure it was good exercise + I did 35minutes on the treadmill before we started the project, so I should be in good shape activity wise.

Will hit the evening WW mtg. tonight and let you know how I did.
Take care. I hope Ariana is having a great vacation. Princess, thanks for your bio update and welcome again to Linda.
Judy
234.6/222/thinner into onederland
Old 06-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Yes, I dropped 1.2# this week even though we had about 5 dining out experiences, so I am very pleased. Onward and downward.
Judy
234.6/220.8/thinner into onederland
Old 06-21-2007, 08:04 AM   #9  

Judy: Awesome job! You are doing so well... that is just incredible!

I only have a moment but I wanted to stop by and see what was new in the neighborhood... I will check back again later on.

Princess
Old 06-21-2007, 09:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/214.6/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies and thank for the very warm welcome.
I am a retired granny too. Have been retired for two years now, DH for almost 6. Have two sons and two grandsons and in August we will have a sweet little great granddaughter, Saija Marie. Of course we are all excited.

I love to camp, cook, sew(not real great at but enjoy it), crochet, sweedish weave, scrapbook and read. We go away for the winter and love that. Like Texas really well and they are so friendly to us.

I walk for my exercise and Monday start again with three days at the pool for water therapy. I figure I will get two for one, joints that feel better and maybe help to lose a few pounds also.

Need to go to the store today to get supplies for the camper as we will be out this weekend. I swear it is a lot of work for just a weekend. I guess being away for five months takes the fun out of just weekends. I am looking forward to it though because we will be meeting up with frineds.

Have a great day all,
Linda
happycamper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:47 PM   #11  
Chick

H.Camper,.
Have a great weekend. I like your thinking about exercise!

Today has been good so far and now I'm heading upstairs to get on treadmill and finish some chores.
Judy
Old 06-22-2007, 07:50 AM   #12  

Happy Friday all!

Not much new here except we are getting some more much needed rain... no plans for this weekend... just cleaning the house and maybe some yard work.

Have a great weekend!
Susan
Old 06-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #13  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
I'm heading outside to deal with those lovely weeds. Tomorrow my dd and I are going to a ballet in NYC and I'm really looking forward to it.
You all have a great weekend and WI.
Judy
Old 06-22-2007, 12:21 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi ladies. I suppose you all thought I dropped off the face of the planet. Well...

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beginning of the year was rough and I took a break. Gained 15 lbs or so and finished my semester at school (I made the honor roll...), got extremely sick for a month or better and have finally decided to kick myself in the butt and get back with the program.

Well I'm off. It's supposed to be 100 degrees here today so my sister and I are taking the kids swimming at Lake Elmo. No bikini for me though. Well okay, not for my sister either. (she's having a baby in Oct).

Check back this evening. I'll let the shock wear off of you for a bit....

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:14 AM   #15  
Chick

back Chrily! Glad to have you chiming in and on your honor roll grades!

Hey guys--I'm suffering from the effects of a take out salad I ate on Wednesday. It's food poisoning for sure and I'm still not back to normal. Therefore the weeds are still out there. I'm good enough to get to NYC for the ballet, but did anyone ever tell you raw greens can be hazardous to your health? LOL

Okay, have a fine weekend and have fun and drink water and stay OP!
(That's my advice to me and all the turtles!--we can do this~)
Judy