Old 06-18-2007, 05:48 AM   #1  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Default Weekly Chat 6/18 - 6/24

Good morning all!!

I am down 2 more pounds this week!!
I am so happy i lost, i was afraid that i had messed up, plus with TOM
here i was prepared for the worst when i stepped on the scale this morning..but i was good news this time...thanks for all the support you guys..it means a lot

hubby cooked those hot dogs and sausage dogs yesterday, they are so yummy when he grills 'em. plus i have some for lunch today...i got some protein shakes for a quick brekfast or any other "emergency" with my food. i just want to be prepared and set myself up for sucess. This time i really want to lose this weight and get healthy.....

Everyone have a great day!!
Jae

Last edited by jaesueray; 06-18-2007 at 06:01 AM.
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

WTG Jae!!! Dontcha just love when the scale moves to the negative!!!!

Today was my weigh-in too, Im down another 3lbs from my midweek weighin....total of 9 for the week

I'll check in later.......have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.Oh what a gorgeous day, we're definitely going for a walk along the beach. Didn't go overboard on the Father Day BBQ we just had 1 pound cake square each with strawberries & strawberry flavored cool whip on it.

Jae-Thanks for starting us up. Big congrats for losing 2 lbs..WTG!!! We had BBQ ribs,corn on the cob salad and STRAWBERRY SHORT CAKE. This morning my weight went down,but I don't total it up until the end of the week so that loss doesn't count.

Robin-Big congrats to you on your 3 lbs, you lost a lot the past couple of weeks. Are you still on Induction????

Have to go, I like to get some walking done before the day get too hot to walk.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

GO JAE GO JAE GO JAE. Feels good don't it?

My wt has sort of stagnated. Stalled. Pooped out. My TOM is soon, I'm eating absolutely everything I can reach, but have managed to stay under 40 NC per day (my goal was 30 but I loosened it up a bit since I'm losing, exercising and TOM drove me to it). I guess I'll see the drop later.

Did my walkies yesterday with my exercise pal - did a little more than the day before. I think it sucked a little less. I hate exercise. Tomorrow is walkies again.

She wants to set up a couple rewards - like - say if we walk 3 times per week every week until _____________ we'll treat ourselves to _________. Except we're having trouble filling in the _________. Any ideas?
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #5  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Grump. Grump. I DREAMED I binged and when I weighed this a.m. I was up 4 lbs. This is so not fair. No I didn't actually eat anything bad. Or even too much of anything good for me. I hope I'm not one of those people who gains weight on 40g of carbs a day. I shall have to slit my wrists. Hey. How much does blood weigh? That just might get scare off those 4 lbs. Honestly though, I feel like I'm retaining water. It's been hot. Darned cookie dream. I haven't been in the same room with a cookie in over a month. Where's the complaints desk? I want a refund on that dream.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies-

I somehow lost this thread. It seems everyone is doing great. Congrats on all the losses. I am stuck around 151. This week is my TOM so hopefully after that I wil see a wosh. I have lost 13 lbs since the week after easter. I am really getting discouraged. I thought I would lose 20 by now for sure.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #7  
beachbum

Hey No talk about slitting your wrists.Don't worry Bouncing Its probably water. This is the time of the year when humidity along with Hot heat will start the retaining of water. Watch you salt intake, and drink lots of water to move retaining along.

Hugs BB
Old 06-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bum View Post

Robin-Big congrats to you on your 3 lbs, you lost a lot the past couple of weeks. Are you still on Induction????
No I couldnt do it anymore I officially switched to low/carb weight watchers last monday.

Quote:
Grump. Grump. I DREAMED I binged and when I weighed this a.m. I was up 4 lbs.
Im sorry to laugh, but I do this too!! I have donut or chocolate binges in my sleep, and feel soooooooooooo guilty when I wake up. But Im also sooooooooooo happy I didnt really do it. Tasted good though didnt it?! Alright, so next time you dream something like that dont get on the scale!!
Old 06-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #9  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Robin, you just made me laugh too! I was in tears a few minutes ago. I was out for a while this morning, and got to thihking there had to be something wrong with the laws of physics or something. I shed some water in the usual way, and had had only a cup of coffee, and after I got back home I changed into shorts and a tank top. Well, while I had my clothes off, I though, what the heck. So I got on the scale again. I had gainedANOTHER two pounds. That's six in 12 hours. It ain't that friggin' hot. As a matter of fact, today is lovely. Unless I've started gaining six pounds for every cup of black coffee I drink, no matter how much I pee, I'm still stuck in that damn dream. I have always suspected that I gained weight from breathing. As far as I'm concerned, I have just proven it. I'm definitely having one of those I-hate-everything days. To heck with Atkins, I'm going to go on the dustbunny diet. Heaven knows I have some. Well, except by now they've probably morphed into sabretoothed dust tigers. Bah.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:09 AM   #10  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Hey all....

Did good with my food yesterday. Totally on plan I had steak with guacamole for dinner, along with a few celery sticks. it was very yummy and i even have leftovers for lunch

RobinW - WhooHoo!!! 9 pounds, thats great

bbum - good job on staying on plan on fathers day, holdiays arent easy and you did great!!

Arkkel - you keep up the walking, your weight will go down in time...for a reward how about a pedicure to reward those tired tosies?

bouncing - dont let the scale get you down, its just one tool to measure sucess..do you feel better? are your clothes looser? have you lost inches? sleeping better? these are some of the things that have improved for me, hope it helps...

Nikki128 - 13 pounds since easter is wonderful progress, give yourself credit

Hope everyone has a great tuesday!!
Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #11  

Thanks Jae .. congrats on meeting your 1st goal

BB- how is it going for you.

It has been several weeks since I have been posting in this forum but I hope to catch up with everyone soon.

Nikki
Old 06-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

doing good, but dont have alot of time this morning. Have a great day ladies!!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Got to bed late last night watching two movies on TCM The Uninvited and the The Picture of Dorian Grey.Both very good movies in my book.

Robin-I don't think I'm going on Induction again the carbs are to low for me.Now that I'm posting my menu on fit day,I have to up on them,but I'm, going to take your & Lily advice on lowing my fats.Didn't realize that if you add more from a food group you have to lower the other.

Jae-It wasn't easy to stay OP but I did make my mind up,that even though its a holiday,you don't have to go crazy with food.You did Good also,having that yummy dinner

Nikki-Welcome back, I was wondering what happened to you. I'm holding up,lost more inches that weight.my clothes are fitting better,even around the waist. Wish I could move my ticker downward,but I have to find my balance and thats why I'm working hard in the exercising dept. Hope everything is ok with you as you been missing.

Hi Robin-Have a nice day.

Have to get ready to do some walking long the beach,going to bring my hand weights.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 06-19-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #14  
Going to ONEderland

Scale is down on average 2 pounds so far this week. I like my chart. This averaging thing is giving me something to celebrate even when I'm not seeing much change on the scale otherwise. I hope it continues. 1 to 2 pounds a week is all I'm asking for and as long as the trend keeps going down I'll be happy.

On my spreadsheet I'm using I even projected a 2 pounds loss in the first column (Sunday's column) for each week, as the week gets there I'll change it to the actual weight, but it shows me what I can expect assuming I can keep this rate of change going. I'm hoping it doesn't slow down so much that I have to increase those numbers rather than keep being able to count on it being about there or decrease them.

Funny how numbers on a scale can seem so important.

Right now I've been noticing how much smaller I feel. It is really odd how that happens, but I love it. My body feels much smaller than the amount of weight loss I can really count even if I count it from maximum weight to now. The amount lost doing it that way is 6.5 pounds, but it seems like more. Must be that I'm losing fat rather than just water.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #15  

BB- Things just got hectic. I graduated and have been going on interviews etc. I did not stop doing atkins though.Inches is a good thing.

Sherry - I believe you are new to me. Hi there! Your spread sheet system sounds interesting can you tell me more about it?

Robin- Have a great day.

Nikki