Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:09 PM   #1  

Default Daily Menu ~ 6/11 - 6/17

Just getting ready for tomorrow. A whole new week!
phoebegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I will check in tomorrow

I have to have a VERY early breakfast in the morning and eat something I can have and still tolerate exercise afterwards (and will sustain me through 4 hours!).

I think it will be soy yogurt, strawberries, cherries, hemp protein and walnuts!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:28 AM   #3  
RosieKate

It's Monday!
I am going to try doing menu-check in with you. Do you post what you are going to eat, or what you ate...or both? For now anyway....I will tell you my plan for the day...then I'll come back tomorrow and tell you if I did it - yipes! Pressure!

B - eggwhite/tofu curry scramble/1 wedge Laughing Cow lite/ 1 c. cooked chard/1 ww tortilla
L- Subway Club sandwich - no sauces or dressings
s- 1 piece of fruit/ 1 string cheese and/or air popped popcorn & sea salt
D - sockeye salmon/rice/salad

here we go - happy Monday everyone!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #4  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Ok well I am still new here and still trying to read superfoods rx but I am soooo inspired by it, I have started serving veggies before I even start dinner so that when everyone (kids and hubby) tries to much I have something for them.

B- Oatmeal, T brown sugar, 5 pecan halves choppped, soy milk oh and coffee with raw sugar and soy
L- Big salad with chopped veggies and some leftover chicken
S- Whole Grain Flax toast with homemade strawberry preserves
veggies with dip, cherries
D- Homemade chicken soup from leftover chicken roasted on Friday
S- Fruit roll covered in coconut, dark chocolate (100 cal worth)

Well I think I will have to stick close to that, we will see how many calories it adds up to at the end of the day....Ok so that is what I have had , so far 1482 calories (I am trying to whole foods and calorie count) unfortunatley I am still VERY hungry, having a small cup of coffee and if that doesn't do it will have the toast and jam again (trying to avoid that though cause I am wheat intolerant, just havn't found a good alt yet)

Not sure how great it was for whole foods, I think it was pretty good but then you should have seen my food intake before I decided to change our lifestyle this week

Last edited by edzard; 06-11-2007 at 11:49 PM.
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #5  

6/11/07

Breakie-
1 egg
1 slice ww toast
spinach
turkey bacon
1/2 banana

snack-
NF yogurt

Lunch-
smoothie

Snack-
Apple
1 tbsp Peanut butter

Dinner-
hot wings
Spinach/ romaine ceasar salad
1 tsp parmsean cheese
1/4 cup chili

snack-
Air popcorn
couple pineapple pieces

Water- 2 liters!

Day was: Excellent!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

B~ 1/2c homemade "lower" fat granola, 1/3c soy milk, 1/2c ollalaberries, & coffee
S~ Apple
L~ 1/2 PB&J sammie on ww & 1oz of kettle chips (yes, bad I know)
S~ 1/2 serving of leftover bulgur pilaf
D~ Laoo Dahl (curried red lentils & zucchini), ww chapati (homemade), & salad
S~ 2 homemade small chocolate chip cookies (yes another bad choice...TOM coming...)
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #7  
RosieKate

zenor77 - Laoo Dahl sounds really good - I am on a big curry kick right now. Can you tell me where to find a recipe, or can you share?

Yesterday - I did a really good job sticking to the plan...I ate some whole wheat bread with a pat of real butter with my dinner instead of the rice. I also had a turkey breast and ham at Subway instead of the Club, which saved a few cals. Calories for the day ended up at about 1600 - not too shabby.

Tuesday
B - egg white omelette w/ tomatoes, mushrooms, 1 slice no-nitrite turkey bacon, 1 wedge Laughing Cow Lite - honeydew melon
L- turkey breast wrap (FF turkey breast, 2 cups greens, 1 LCLite, 1 lo-carb tortilla) 1 cup organic tomato soup
S - fruit, string cheese, almonds and/or air popped popcorn
D - salmonburger/wild rice pilaf/ salad

edzard has inspired me to make some homemade chicken soup - it just sounds so good! I'll make some of that to eat on the rest of the week.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #8  

RosieKate~ The recipe is from Extending The Table: A World Community Cookbook. It's in the same spirit as the More with Less Cookbook. Both of these books have a lot of curries in them. I'll post the recipe on this thread when I get home tonight.

B~ Lg boiled egg, ww engish muffin with 2t peanut butter & 2t ollalaberry jam, coffee
S~ Apple
L~ Leftover Laoo Dahl & ww Chapati
S~ 2T hummus with carrot & zucchini sticks
D~ Veggie stirfry with Soba Noodles and Chicken & salad

Last edited by zenor77; 06-13-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #9  
Highest Weight ever, 225

Ok well yesterday was great, managed to say under 1800 calories, haven't had to count in sooo long. I was trying for lower but I was just too hungry all night so ended up having some more whole grain bread and preserves. What shall I do today.....drumroll please OH and curry does sound great! I have a great paste I picked up that makes doing curry easy and good.

B-Oatmeal again with brown sugar and pecans and soymilk (I am addicted!)
L-Salad again I think, one more piece of chicken left and it gets me like 4 cups of greens when i have that.
S-Yogurt with fruit (really this time)
D-Cashew chicken (homemade, maybe I will try to throw in some red peppers with the cabbage to veg it up a bit)
S-not sure yet

Well here goes, aiming for another day between 1200 (yeah right) and 1800 calories. mmm hummus gonna have to make that son too.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #10  
RosieKate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
RosieKate~ The recipe is from Extending The World Table: A World Community Cookbook. It's in the same spirit as the More with Less Cookbook. Both of these books have a lot of curries in them. I'll post the recipe on this thread when I get home tonight.

B~ Lg boiled egg, ww engish muffin with 2t peanut butter & 2t ollalaberry jam, coffee
S~ Apple
L~ Leftover Laoo Dahl & ww Chapati
S~ 2T hummus with carrot & zucchini sticks
D~ TBD

Thank you!

I just ate 3 cookies at a lunch meeting,yum...but not on the whole food plan for the day I'm afraid. They were homemade, tho' (always look on the bright side, I say). Caloriewise, I am still on track for a good day...
Old 06-13-2007, 01:28 AM   #11  

6/12/07

Breakie-
2 eggs
salsa
Spinach
WW toast

snack-
Pineappple (2 chunks)
NF yogurt

Lunch-
Smoothie

Dinner-
Teriyaki Chicken wings
BIG salad w/ steak chunks

Water- 1 1/2 liters

Day was : Good
Old 06-13-2007, 01:38 AM   #12  
Highest Weight ever, 225

WOW did I do bad today (tuesday) I had a great plan and it all fell thru ugh! I got thrown off with lunch because time flew, then PMS hit hard by dinner. Pizza won, Pagliacci pepperoni (sigh goood pizza) but not very whole foods.

I am proud of the fact that I ended the day under 2000 calories with some healthy snacks (super foods rx!!) Gonna do better tomorrow!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:01 AM   #13  

Default Recipe

Laoo Dhal

Heat in saucepan:
2T oil I used 1T

Add:
1 large chopped onion
1/2t ground tumeric
1/2t cumin seeds or 1/4t ground cumin
1 hot red pepper I used 1/2t cayenne pepper
1 bay leaf
Fry 1-2 minutes.

Add:
1 cup red lentils
3/4t salt
1t sugar
2 cups of water
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.

Add:
2 cups zucchini, cut in small pieces
Stir to mix. Return to boil. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until water is absorbed and lentils and zucchini are tender. Serve hot with brown rice or chapatis.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:30 AM   #14  
RosieKate

Thanks, zenor! I don't have any zucchini on hand today, but I may make up the lentils...maybe some carrots, instead...I have many of those. I can see this being a great recipe when my zucchini starts coming out of the garden in August.

edzard - you and I are on the same wave length...TOM - check. Calories for the day - under 2000 ( barely) check. I ate too many cookies - then just got thrown off

A new day, a new plan

B - egg white omelette/ tom/mush/lc cheese, honeydew melon
L - turkey breast wrap/ tomato soup
Snack - airpop popped corn. Curried butter drizzle - I'm going to try this today.. The recipe calls for melting 1/4 c. of butter and 1 t. curry, then drizzling it onto the popcorn. I may make the butter, then spritzs 1 tb, then given the rest to the kids for a snack... I will think of a way to manage the fat on it.
D - salmonburger/salad/ Laoo Dahl ( w/carrots)/rice
Old 06-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #15  

B~ 3/4c Uncle Sam Cereal, 1/2c blueberries, 1/2c soymilk, & NO coffee because we're out!
S~ Celery with PB
L~ Egg Salad Sandwich (made with low-fat mayo, mustard, capers, & ww high fiber bread with clover sprouts)
S~ Apple
D~ Quinoa Pilaf with Chicken & Zucchini, salad (with carrots, clover sprouts, avocado, & olive oil/vinegar dressing)

Last edited by zenor77; 06-13-2007 at 11:26 PM.