View Single Post
Old 03-11-2002, 06:47 PM   #10
MrsJim
Uber-Moderator!!

Mel - my personal opinion - cos my waist has been changing too over the past almost-year - getting bigger before it gets smaller. Anyway, I'm no doctor, but MY opinion is this is a GOOD sign - kind of like the 'jiggly fat' right before it goes away, it gets looser, ya know? That's actually happening in my thigh/hip/pooch section right now...

Bodyfat doesn't just stay in one place - it's systemic, kind of like blood - from what I've read. My theory is though if the bodyfat has been packed in there for awhile it gets 'hardened' and sets (this is what I'm thinking about my thighs) kinda like glue. So when you start losing bodyfat, the soft new stuff comes right off - it's that old hardened crap that takes a bit more work. Kind of like cleaning an oven by hand is my analogy - the new grease and grime just kind of wipes right off, but then you really have to dig, scrape, work at the stuff that's been there for years. After it's loosened up, you spray it with some liquid cleaner and wipe it away - the way Pam says water works - like a dustpan that washes away the loose fat.

Okay, that was no scientific theory by any stretch of the imagination, but it helps me!

Hope that helped you a bit...
September 1996: 155 pounds (-110 lbs)
*LIVING at: 145-149 pounds, size 4/6 (-116/120 lbs)

*Maintenance = LIVING.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Wanna know how I lost the weight and have kept it off for over 16 years? Click here!