Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 09:15 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #36

Hi!!!!!!!
Welcome to a thread full of encouragment, support and humor as we share our lives as we restore health, lose weight and raise a family!! We welcome newcomers as well as all of our regulars!

Be sure to go back to SAHM's #35 to catch up on what has been going on in our lives and to welcome Gemini and Sheila!
Ginny
Old 03-10-2002, 09:34 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!! At least this time I did not mess this up, Jackie! (last time I was too dense to see that Jackie, sweet soul that she is had already begun a new thread). Aw what do ya want............I am a mom and my last poor brain cell is maxed out!

Welcome again to Sheila and Gemini! This is going to have to be a quickie post for me, I have to get in the shower and ready for church. Sheila- Misti was right, I am on Weight watchers (well, sort of). Yes it is expensive- but I purchased the diet plan (all the materials that they give you) on ebay for about $40. So I am basically self taught (it is easy to follow) and do not attend meetings. I have a few friends (thanks Jackie!) who answer my dumb questions- and there is even a thread here at 3 fat chicks for WW ladies, who are more than willing to answer questions.
So, I have made it rather cheap for me to follow. I like it because it allows you to eat almost anything- as long as you stay within your points range. Of course, I try to eat as healthy as I can- the WW program is easy to adapt to eating out, snacking.....
Gemini- great that you feel so comfortable to post about yourself and some of your health concerns. Lots of us have or are related to someone with depression (for me I have one relative with clinical depression and a Dh with SAD) so we have all been there in one way or another.
Misti, Spryng and Jackie- thanks for missing me! (really after a tough week, it was so sweet of you to both mention me as a MIA). I missed you too, and it feels good to be back.
My fingers are sore........Last nite as a finale to the season, the parents played Ds's basketball team. I am NOT an athlete- although I was able to keep up very well with the pace of the game because of all my walking/jogging. But- in my big moment of the game I was taking a shot at the basket and the center on Ds's team came down hard on my shot............and my hand. Ah, the joys of a sore thumb! It feels better already, now that I am up for a while. PS, the parents lost!
It is softball season here. For those new posters, Dd (15) plays softball (a lot of it!) and it becomes an obsession for her and Dh. I kind of get lost in the shuffle until the season is over.
We went to a basketball game Friday nite (local HS regionals) and what started out as a fun nite ended up with Dh sitting with Dd's softball coach talking softball. Ok, the pity party for me is over. (I have been having a little bit of one). I am coming up with a means for the rest of us to cope with this and will hopefull get into action with that by the end of the week. I know, I am babbling on and on and not making much sense.
Off to take a shower! Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 03-10-2002, 05:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hey girls!! How is everyone today! Sounds like you got quite a workout Ginny!! Good for you! I haven't exercised in a week or so. I really need to start on it again.
Well, the wedding was beautiful and I didn't eat much at the reception. Not my kind of food. I did have a small piece of cake though even though I vowed to stay away from it. But since I saved all my calories for that meal it didn't hurt me any. But it did make me sick last night. So out everything came anyway. Today I am doing good. We went out to lunch at the Outback Steakhouse and I had some pasta and of course the bread but that's all I'm having today so I am fine and in the green. I need to get in my water today and I'll call it good. I might have some yogurt later for a late snack, we'll see. But all in all I'm doing ok. I'm retaining water from my oncoming tom. But as soon as that is gone and over with I should see a loss I hope. I have to wait. Boy, waiting is the pits.
Well, I hope everyone else is doing good. I'll check in again later. bye!!
Old 03-11-2002, 01:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Afternoon!

Ginny: It's good to see you posting again! Thanks for opening up thread #36. Oh my!, here you've been away for most of the time since #35 was started & then you had to open up #36 because I got a little "long-keyed"! Speaking of a lack of brain cells: I lost a few over the weekend, but I'm trying to grow them back! I have to laugh at your quickie post that you left before church yesterday. You can either type 500 words p/minute, or stayed on a little longer than expected! WOW!, what a great job you did @ the basketball court the other day! Good for you,SUPER MOM!! Spryng: Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the food @ the wedding. It must be because you are turning into such a vegetarian. The wedding probably had mashed potatoes & gravy, along with beef tips & a very buttery veggie, huh? Am I right? It sounds like you made up for it at the Outback Steak House. Something funny to tell you: I almost posted Outback "Outhouse" instead of "Steakhouse", just like the good old days! Sorry to hear that it made you sick though. Well, maybe you needed an outhouse after all, huh? Sorry about my strange sense of humor today. It must be due to my crazieness from the end of last week! To you all:] I've been doing pretty well on my exercise for the past week. I'm doing pretty well staying OP today, not like on Saturday. I guess an hour on the bike is enough for me today. I just finished that task up & pedalled 14.5 mi & burned 658 cals in an hours time. Time for me to make lunch for DH & I. I'll check in later!
Old 03-11-2002, 01:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Afternoon!

Ginny: It's good to see you posting again! Thanks for opening up thread #36. Oh my!, here you've been away for most of the time since #35 was started & then you had to open up #36 because I got a little "long-keyed"! Speaking of a lack of brain cells: I lost a few over the weekend, but I'm trying to grow them back! I have to laugh at your quickie post that you left before church yesterday. You can either type 500 words p/minute, or stayed on a little longer than expected! WOW!, what a great job you did @ the basketball court the other day! Good for you,SUPER MOM!! Spryng: Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the food @ the wedding. It must be because you are turning into such a vegetarian. The wedding probably had mashed potatoes & gravy, along with beef tips & a very buttery veggie, huh? Am I right? It sounds like you made up for it at the Outback Steak House. Something funny to tell you: I almost posted Outback "Outhouse" instead of "Steakhouse", just like the good old days! Sorry to hear that it made you sick though. Well, maybe you needed an outhouse after all, huh? Sorry about my strange sense of humor today. It must be due to my crazieness from the end of last week! To you all:] I've been doing pretty well on my exercise for the past week. I'm doing pretty well staying OP today, not like on Saturday. I guess an hour on the bike is enough for me today. I just finished that task up & pedalled 14.5 mi & burned 658 cals in an hours time. Time for me to make lunch for DH & I. I'll check in later!
Old 03-11-2002, 03:57 PM   #6  
hangin' in there...

Brain Cells?????

Whatever I've lost in brain cells, I try to replace with caffeine!

Hope you all had a good weekend. Jackie, sounds like your pampering day finally turned out well. I can totally relate on the PMS issue. Just be glad you only suffer from bad bouts every few months. It's a regular occurance for me. And all your peddling on the bike is (almost) inspiring me to exercise more!

Spryng, sorry the wedding food wasn't good. It's a bummer when you look forward to something and it just doesn't happen. But, think of all the calories you saved on.

Lil, I am up to your St. Patty's Day challenge! I will not put a number on it, though, and will just be grateful for whatever I've lost by then.

I managed to survive my weekend. Our work party Saturday night was fantastic!!!! But, I did stay a little too late, as I had to be up for work the next morning. I felt very sick all day yesterday (no, I was not hungover!) The only good part of it was that I barely ate all day. I slept 11 hours last night, and still woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. I feel better now, but still no appetite. Of course, that's not a bad thing! I wonder if I have a touch of what the baby had last week. He is better, thankfully, but had lost 4 pounds when I took him to the doc this morning! Poor boober.

Hope all is well with everyone. Just want to thank you all again for giving me such a warm welcome. You all seem so nice and supportive!
Old 03-11-2002, 05:27 PM   #7  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Wooohoo! Jackie I am about to join you on the recumbent bike-athon! I'm picking mine up tomorrow! Early Mothers Day gift.
Ladies, I'm on day 2 of the Adkin's diet. I know I said it wasn't for me. I did some research and have been getting with Spryng. So it is coming along. I actually like it. I'll keep you posted on the success.
Gemini, glad you had a good time at the party. "boober" that is soooo cute! We call my youngest chili pepper, not near as cute.
Sorry to hear you got sick from the wedding Spryng. Hope you are feeling better.
Jackie, you crack me up. We have an outback outhouse, really! Inside plumbing too. It's so funny.
So glad to see you back Ginny. That is so neat about the ball game. My parents would have never played us. You really are a super mom.
I really have a million things to accomplish rite now. But I will check back later. Hope you all are having a great day!!!!
Old 03-11-2002, 05:27 PM   #8  

Thank you ECmom and Freckles for the warm welcome

I was away for the weekend. Well I was home but I spend "family time " on hubbys days off ,no computer on weekends.

Saturday it was gorgeous here almost 70 degrees so we went to the park for a few hours then we did outside yard work for 2 hours.. Food wise I did GREAT stayed @1200 cals I did have one ready made Kahula white russian after i did all my work

Sunday was "catch up" day on the house work the temps dropped to about 40 so it was good to stay in and work.. I did bake 14 blueberry muffins and a batch of peanut butter brownies . My kids consumed the most of it I had 2 muffins and a piece of brownie
Well I need to go back and read all that was written (yup playing "catch up" on thread readings now)
Take Care
Sheila
Old 03-11-2002, 11:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening everyone. Sounds like everyone has been busy and in greta moods!! Must mean spring is near!! I hope so anyway.
Thanks everyone for your sympathy on the wedding food and me getting sick. And you are right about the food jackie. I think I didn't like it because I'm not into meat anymore. They had tons of turkey and ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, and hard rolls, and green beans and corn. Even the cake was not to my tasting. But like someone mentioned it was probably a good thing. I did save on calories that night.
I did ok today. Not as low as I wanted but low enough. I went shopping so I am prepared for the rest of the week. I stocked up on light yogurt. I'm addicted to the banana creme pie one. I eat it for breakfast and sometimes a bed time snack. And at .38 cents a piece you can't beat that!!
Congrats Misty on getting the bike. Sound wonderful. I would like to get something like that someday. But right now I need to start my aerobics again. I've been slacking for a while now and I can feel it.
Well, it's getting late and my brain in fried tonight or I'd make this a bit more personal for each one of you, but for now this is all I can manage.
Have you noticed a loss yet Misty?? How's your carbs looking?? Are you feeling more energy yet? Keep us informed ok??
Talk to you girls tomorrow!
Old 03-12-2002, 07:14 AM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Good morning ladies!!!!!!!
Off for another busy day here................and this is one day that I wish I could just curl up in bed and read for a while (TOM). I do not feel all that bad, just sort of droopy and tired.
I did get a 50 minute walk in yesterday which felt so good!
Glad to hear that everyone survived the weekend ok. (Spryng, sorry about that wedding food ). Gotta go get my stinky little Dd in the bath!!!
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 03-12-2002, 07:39 PM   #11  
SAHM Cheerbabe

I read that 50 mile walk Ginny! My brain is fried too I guess. I was thinking where the heck is she walking to. The it dawned on me 50 minute walk. Good for you hon. I'm glad you are back.
Good to see you too Sheila. I love to bake. I don't much though because it is to tempting for me to cheat my diet. This is "catch up" day for me too. Folding laundry is all I have left.
Spryng, nice to hear from ya. I like that bannana pie yogurt too, the chocolate is to die for. I'm so addicted to chocolate! Good for you staying OP, I'm proud. Good luck getting back on the aerobics. Start out slow girl, remember how bad you hurt from over doing it last time.
As for me, I blew it! I'll have to start over tomorrow. I ate a burger and fries for dinner tonight. I was so close too. It's okay though. I'll have to try harder is all. TOM has me all outa wack too. My water retaining is throwing my scale off. You all know how it goes. Well the bike is great. I haven't had a full work out yet. Just got it today. But tomorrow is a new day! It is a great investment. Since I can't get out and walk.
Well, Nighty Nite! Hope you had a great day!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:13 PM   #12  
hangin' in there...

Dumb question coming... What does "OP" stand for? I have had another good eating day here. And, I convinced hubby to let me buy a recumbent bike as an early birthday gift. I just got off of it and it was great! I'm hoping it will fit my needs for exercise when I can't get out to walk. I even bought a couple of 2lb dumbells to work my arms while I'm on it.

Hope you all had a good day. Talk soon
Old 03-12-2002, 09:19 PM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Well, I survived today!!!!!!!! Almost strangled Dd and Ds (they had the good sense to go to bed before I did) and no, nothing hormonal here, they both deserved it!
Now, Misti, how dare you and Spryng talk about my favorite yogurt flavors!!!!! I usually get Dannon, and really like blackberry pie, banana cream pie and the coconut pie is wonderful too. Almost seems criminal that it is only 100 calories! That is one of favorite standby foods, when I do not know what else to eat, I have a yogurt. That is if the kiddies leave one in the fridge......
Sheila- did you catch up on your housework? (its gonna take me years to catch up on mine!) I love to bake too..........not such a good idea when I am dieting!
Gemini- you feeling better now? I hope so! It is just awful how one nite/ some eating/drinking can really make a mess of oneself!
I really can't drink anymore........I just feel awful the next day if have more than a tiny amount. I also would rather waste my calories on something substantial and healthy..........like chocolate!
Jackie- WTG that you are back on track excercising! The ol' Jackie is back!!!! (and a big welcome to her, too!) Go for it! Don't be impressed at me and the basketball game. I stink..........can't play worth a hill of beans and most likely embarassed Ds. My one shining moment, where I had a breakaway basket and one of the 8th graders (a rather tall one at that) jumped over my lofty 5'5" frame as I was releasing the ball and knocked away my shot!
Aw, you guys knew that...........I remember complaining about the sore thumb............. well it was just such an olympic moment, that I just had to share it again!!!!!

I did not do too awful with eating, until I got home. Then chasing Ds around for his math homework, and Dd just being a vicious crab did me in. I had 2 lemon squares...........but not knowing how to count them, I might still have landed under points.
Enough of my babbling today. Have a great nite!
See ya tomorrow.
Ginny
Old 03-12-2002, 09:22 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Hey Gemini!!!!!!
We are on at the same time. "OP" stands for (in dietese) "on program"- assuming that one is doing a lifestyle/eating/excercise program. Great about getting a recumbent bike too!!!!!!
And, no question is dumb here............ or stupid..............unless I ask it, of course!
Have a great nite.
G
Old 03-12-2002, 11:11 PM   #15  
hangin' in there...

Thanks for clarifying that, Ginny. And yes, I'm feeling much better. Sad part is, I didn't even drink at the party, becuase I had worked 12 hours that day and had to be back at work at 7 the next morn. So I felt like crap for no reason! But I let myself take it easy and got lots of sleep, and am back to normal (whatever that means! ) Thanks for asking!
Closed Thread