Old 06-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #1  

Default Introduction

Hello All. I am just introducing myself! I am on lawl for the 2nd time! Hopefully this time I will stick with it. I know the success of the program is up to me. I have come to realie that I basically have an obsession with food and that is my biggest issue. For example...I got my daughter fries and nuggets for dinner and I wanted a fry sooooooo bad...but I didn't! You all do not know how hard that was for me! I am trying to lose the weight for myself and the fact that I will be getting married next year I just feel that no one in my life really understands my obsession with food. Hopefully when I get that french fry urge and I can just post on here and let the frustratration out! From what I have read you all seem to be nice and inspiring.
jdutchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey there jd (we all seem to go by different names than what we have as our user ID), and welcome!

I'm a confirmed fry freak, so I know what you're going through.. Good job resisting.

It can be very tough relating to people who don't understand, so part of your job, if you want this to be successful is to make them understand.. You'll ideally get to a point that when you're with your family and friends, they'll understand and not help feed your obsession.

And congrats with the pending nuptuals!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:21 AM   #3  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Welcome JD! This board is full of support and wonderful advice. You can do LAWL and we will help!

Great job on saying "NO" to the fries....it's hard to break food habits but you can do it. One day those fries won't even sound good....hard to believe but very true
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #4  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome JD.
this board is great. Glad you found it. You will get lots of support here.

Way to go to turn your back on the fry's. It probably wouldn't have tasted very good anyway.... lol.

Hope to see more of you
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:15 AM   #5  
**Lisa**

S/C/G: 214/188/140

Welcome! The craving for fries will eventually subside. The need for pasta however is another story...just kidding!

This board is great and everyone is super helpful. Post here anytime you're feeling frustrated. It'll help!
Leesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:20 AM   #6  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

WELCOME ABOARD !!! You will find all sorts of help and support here !
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #7  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Welcome JDutchess...lots of support here and if you check in from time to time, you can't help but stay focused. Also, congrats on the pending wedding, but remember, you are doing this for YOU! I have zero willpower and while I should have easily lost the 30 lbs I wanted to lose last year, I'm taking the v e r y s l o w w e i g h t l o s s route, and the reason is I cheat too much and don't follow the program as written. Fries are my weakness too and my only suggestion is don't get them even for your child. Most fast food places now offer healthy alternatives for kids and while you are paying for it and making the food decisions, this is the time to steer them towards their fruits and veggies....Good luck. You will do just fine!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:14 AM   #8  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I agree with Joni. I have a 3yo and when we go to fast food places - or any restaurant for that matter - I don't get her anything fried. I figure why start her off in life on a bad diet that she'll have to try to fix later on in life (like mom). How old is your DD?
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote