View Single Post
Old 03-11-2002, 01:07 PM   #2
MrsJim
Uber-Moderator!!

Angry Survive free day? Barely...

Had a burrito and split an order of nachos with Jim at around 2:00 pm...followed up with some ice cream...

And WHAM it hit me in the gut big time. I was just hoping I wouldn't toss my cookies!

Susan - you do the same thing I do - I'm always wanting carbs on Free Day - but they never taste as good as you think they are going to be, huh? We did the GS Cookie Thang last week.

I was asleep last night by 7 pm believe it or not...it's funny - I've eaten a heckuva lot more on previous Free Days but this one just hit me (nope, wasn't food poisoning - Jim's was fine - it was just too much food). Probably due to being on Pam's nutrition program - not used to all those carbs now!

So YES it does feel wonderful to get back to eating clean today (even though I have to eat 2 cups of broccoli at lunch...and I am NOT a big broccoli fan unless it's in a stir fry).

I have my last personal training session tonight after work. Theresa doesn't know it's my last one, but I've gotta start watching the $$ a bit closer - Jim and I owe the IRS again this year but at least it's less than last year and actually I want to start taking two riding lessons a week in May if I can swing it!

I took 3-week progress pix and sent them to Pam this weekend at her request. Just out of curiosity, I put them next to each other and I could TOTALLY see a difference! Pam was pretty impressed too - and so was Jim.

But being in competition shape by first weekend of May might be asking a bit much...I should probably shoot for the one in July - but I do want to go to the May contest just to see how everything works. I've only seen contests on TV and they don't show the prejudging, etc. and I feel it's important for me to get a feel for the whole thing.

Anyway I was thrilled to see a bit of quad definition coming out (finally - remember that fat on my hips and thighs has been there for 30 years - first on, last off) and even a wee bit of abs!

Don't worry, I will be posting those photos eventually...in sort of a progressive montage of sorts...

I am working VERY hard and I'm stoked! The weather's gorgeous today and that always makes me feel great - our Miami trip is in less than two weeks - can't wait to be in the tropics...I am planning on taking two free meals that week, but I've found a decent-sounding gym around the corner from our hotel and will be going there every morning!

Let's hear from the rest of y'all! how's it going?
September 1996: 155 pounds (-110 lbs)
*LIVING at: 145-149 pounds, size 4/6 (-116/120 lbs)

*Maintenance = LIVING.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Wanna know how I lost the weight and have kept it off for over 16 years? Click here!