Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 06:25 AM   #1  

Default Thin Group #77

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797
Old 03-06-2002, 06:31 AM   #2  

Hi Ladies:

Haven't been around in such a long time. Just don't seem to have the time to myself much these days.

Just wanted to let you all know that my mother passed away yesterday at 1:00 p.m. Last Saturday, while in the hospital, her heart stopped and her stopped breathing and they brought her back. Her brian was damaged dued to lack to oxygen. Mom was never the same after that. She never came out of it. My sisters and I decided to pull her off of life support and she died a couple of hours after that. It was so very beautiful though that her whole family was with her when she died. I got the opportunity to hold my mother in my arms when she took her last breathe. It was so sad but very comforting. It seems like all the people in my life have always been taken away so suddenly and such a shock and this was so different. I loved my mother so. She was 83 years old. What will life be like without her?

Just wanted to like everyone know. I will be back when things settle down. I love you all.

Chrissy
Old 03-06-2002, 07:50 AM   #3  

Chrissy,

I'm so sorry to hear that your Mom passed.God must have needed another Angel I'm sure she lived a long, happy life.She had you as a Daughter, so I'm sure she was a happy woman.

I know that you've had to go through so much the past few years. God must know that you can survive this much pain or he wouldn't put you through so much.You're such a strong person.Take care of yourself & remember we're here for you if you need us.{{{{ Chrissy }}}}

Love you,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 03-06-2002, 08:16 AM   #4  
Long Lost Chickie

Chrissy, I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

As for what your life will be like without her, it will be difficult and sad at times. But always remember the wonderful person she obviously was and the many good times you had with her. In your heart and in the hearts of those who loved her, she will live forever.

Love you.
Jo.
Old 03-06-2002, 04:45 PM   #5  

Default Chrissy

You have sure had your plate full these past few years. I am so very very sorry to hear about your mom. But then I think what a wonderful life she had with daughters like she had, and wonderful grandkids too. Especially your two girls that showed her sao much love and caring. You gave your mom all the love a daughter caould give and she knew that.
It will be hard without her,but rest assured she is up there looking down now and with her loved ones she lost.
You are one special person Chrissy. Love you. Sandi
Old 03-07-2002, 08:09 AM   #6  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Chrissy,

My heart goes out to you on the loss of your mother, but rest assured she will always be with you in your heart. My mother was 1 wk shy of turning 83 when she passed away, and like you, I was with her when she took her last breath. Her presence will always be with you. She was much loved and she knew it. Love to you and the girls, and I will see you this evening.

Spent a couple hours with Sharon yesterday and she gives you all her love. I believe she is going back home Friday morning so she can get ready for her trip to California.

Sorry I haven't been around much ... have been in a real big "funk" but am working on it! Have to get ready now to go to weigh-in ... I don't think it will be a pretty site!

Love to all,
CJ
Old 03-07-2002, 10:02 AM   #7  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

CHRISSY , so sorry for the loss of your mother. Your plate has really been full in the past couple of years. Remember to take care of Chrissy, we all love her!
{{{{{{Chrissy}}}}}}

CJ , finally got the scale moving again! This morning I weighed in at.......are you ready for this?.........
245.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the lowest I've been in many years.

I'm taking Rowdy for a walk every day. He thinks he's really special because we leave the other dogs at home. When I pick up his leash he starts to dance all over the house!

I bought one of those pedometer things that is supposed to tell how far you've walked and how many calories you've burned. It probably works, I just am not smart enough to figure out how to get all the buttons pushed to get it started! I hate to admit how dumb I am! LOL

I'm sooooo glad the weather has finally warmed up enough for me to be able to get out of the house. The debris from the ice storm has mostly been cleared from the yards in my neighborhood and the streets have been cleaned up. The trees were so damaged that some people just cut them down. These were 50-60 year old oaks and elms! What a shame! I'm going to wait to see if my trees will come back before I make any final decisions about ending their lives! Can you tell I love my trees?

My wayward child, my crazy mixed-up drug addicted daughter has dissapeared again. The people she was living with threw her out. I don't have any idea where she is. Well, maybe that's a good thing. She hasn't bothered to call or come by so I guess she doesn't want me to know.

Well, I guess I had better get myself showered and dressed and get started moving this morning. I think I'll go to the mall to walk today, better leave my credit cards at home tho. The weather looks kinda dreary out there, lots of fog. Poor Rowdy will have to stay at home. Will break his little heart when I leave! LOL

Hugs, Judy
Old 03-07-2002, 10:39 AM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone. Hope all is going well and that you are maintaining your losses.

CJ - It is so good to hear from you, but it is not good that you are sounding so down. Even if the results from your WI are not good today, it is a new starting point to hop back on the weight loss program. Let us know how you are doing. We really miss you on the thread. Take care. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Judy - Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing so well with your exercise and losing. It won't be long until you are into the 230s. Way to go.

For me, I am having good days and bad days. It seems that, because I am so close to goal, it is getting ever so much more difficult to stay OP. Yesterday was a bad day, but I was feeling sorry for myself and hurting badly.....result - eating.

On Tuesday, I had an accident at work. I was attacked by my filing cabinet, got pinned underneath it and when all was said and done, I am covered with bruises and I have filing strewn around my office. Hubby was out of town, so I didn't even get any TLC when I got home....result - the fridge. Hubby was still away yesterday, so I consoled myself with some extra treats. It felt good at the time, but I could have done without.

Today is a new day and the plan is to stay OP so that I can finally manage to get below that 130 pound mark. Hopefully that will be by Mar. 18 WI. I'm hoping, anyway.

Good luck to everyone else this week. Take care.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 03-07-2002 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2002, 04:31 PM   #9  
Long Lost Chickie

Hi everyone! Just taking a moment to check in real quick. It's been a looooonnng day. Thank goodness it's almost over. And I've been so busy, I haven't eaten since my yogurt for breakfast and some pretzels about 2 hours ago. Oh yeah, and I'm on my third can of diet soda but finally wised up enough to switch to caffeine free diet soda!

I've also been running around like a lunatic all day so I'm getting exercise too. Now if only I can beat down this stress level. I'm so wound up, getting on the treadmill should be no problem at this point. Then again, I may just go home and fall on my face. Talk about being on a rollercoaster.

Well, as you may have noticed, I don't have much to say so I'm going to start to clean off this desk for the day. Hope you all have a good evening.

Much love, Jo.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:23 AM   #10  
Long Lost Chickie

Yoo Hoo!!! Anyone home?? I NEED YOU GUYS!!!! See, there was this party at the VFW and it was just ending when we "regulars" got there and so we got to eat the leftover food. And there was a bunch of it!!! We're talking pizza and pasta and meatballs and rolls and cheese and ... well, you get the idea. Waaaah!!!!!!

OK, I'll calm down and assess the damage here. Actually, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I mean I didn't overdo it as much as I might have in the past. But it was still bad. And I am so mad at myself!!! I'm feeling particularly guilty.

So now, let me ask. WHY!?!?!?!? Have you guys ever done this? Sit there and eat and eat and know full well that you shouldn't be doing it but just continuing anyway??? Knowing that you're being stupid and if you just stop now it won't be so bad but NOT STOPPING!!!! I could cry. I laid there in bed last night, mentally kicking myself. Wish you guys were available to butt kick me all the way to the moon and back!!!!

I'm finished whining now. I've done the only thing I can do and gotten back on track. Can't undo yesterday but I can pick myself back up and get back on the wagon instead of just laying there and letting the wagon roll over me and keep on going without me I guess. Oooh, what imagery.

Need more water. Gotta run.
Talk to you soon.
Jo
Old 03-08-2002, 11:44 AM   #11  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone. Have been sitting here getting my checkbook in order and writing out the bills for March and thought I better post. I did have weigh-in yesterday and was down 1 lb. Although I am still up 3 lbs from where I was, I am looking at yesterday as my beginning ...

Spent some time with Chrissy last nite at the funeral home. She is holding up very well. Her mother looked so nice, in peace. And I know Crissy is going to miss her, but her spirit will always be with her.

I know I have fallen behind on posting our updates ... I promise, I will get them up this week! So please send me your updates ok? Judy, I got yours - great going! You've lost 17 lbs already! Good job!

I'll be back later to post again. Have missed you all!

Love, CJ
Old 03-08-2002, 02:46 PM   #12  

Hi!

Just checking in to let you know I have not lost any weight in the last week. There's a big basket of jelly beans at work that has been tempting me all week, and I have to take a few every time I pass by.

It's also March Madness at the wineries in the Lehigh Valley, and we visited three of them last weekend. Needless to say, this has not been a good week for losing weight.

Chrissy, so sorry to hear about your mother. Be comforted by the fact that she is at peace and no longer suffering.

Trish
Old 03-09-2002, 11:56 PM   #13  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi everyone,
We just got back from Michigan last night. Wow I am so exhausted from everything going on here.

Papa is doing about the same, but I know that it sure cheered him up seeing my brother, and his son, Jerry again. And he really loved seeing his grandson's Dan and Alan once again. We spend as much time with him as we could and had a nice visit. It was good that I was there cause Chrissy was busy with her Mom and the funeral ect. So I was glad to be able to help take some of the weight off.

Chrissy is doing really well under the circumstances of everything that has been happening. I went to see her Mom, Mary the night before she died and Chrissy let me come into her room, where she was on life support. They told me to make her wake up and for the love of God I really tried to get Mary to hear me, but to no avail. So Chrissy, her sisters and myself had a good cry over Mary. I only could come on Thursday cause we came home on Friday, yesterday. But I did try to spend as much time as possible with her at the funeral home. She is doing alright because she knows her Mom is at peace now and with God, Rick, my Mom, Chrissy's Dad and her brother, Christopher too. Her Mom Mary looked so beautiful myself and everyone else thought too.

I got to see CJ, we had lunch together on Wednesday and her and her husband, Dick also came to the funeral home too. Chrissy and I both loved seeing her again. I went with them and a few of my relatives-my Dad's sister and my favorite Aunt Carmella from Las Vegas, who came there to Big Boy and it was nice being with everyone. My husband Ken, flew up there on Wed on business for work so extending his stay so he could go to the funeral for Mary and see Chrissy and her family too. It was nice that he could do that. He is a really wonderful source of support for me during these times.

But tomorrow I am heading out to Los Angeles, California for some University Of Michigan training again. Just like I did a couple of years ago, training as an assessor for the study on school childlren we are doing all across the nation. Our team is doing the Indianapolis, Indiana area and the Cincinnati, Ohio area too. It will be fun to go there. They will pay all expenses, put us up for a week at the Marriot Airport Hotel in L.A too. They have a catered breakfast and lunch and we get money for our dinners when we arrive so that ain't bad is it? Oh my gosh I am all ready up weight-wise so I just hope I don't go wild when I get to the buffet line. LOL I will try guys, but it is so hard sometimes isn't it? Oh why oh why do they have to have all that good stuff at those buffets?

The good news is that I have lots of my Dad's relatives there so they are planning a big old reunion so I can see everyone at one persons house for dinner on a night I have free from training. This is all being arranged by my favorite Aunt Carm's daughter, Sandi that lives in L.A so I can't wait to see my relatives. Dad has a brother and his family and 2 sisters there too. Of course they all have huge Italian families. LOL So it will be great when we all get together. My cousin, Sandi is even planning on spending a night with me so we can have a slumber party again like when we were kids. LOL I can't wait, but I will have to go to classes and do some studying, but I will manage won't I? I can do it all. LOL

Trish-Oh my gosh don't worry about you weight cause all we did is ate out when I was in Michigan so I just can't wait to see what is going to happen when I come back from L.A with all those catered dinners ect. LOL

CJ-It was so wonderful having lunch with you the other day and seeing you again at the funeral home was so great. I know Ken loved seeing Dick again too. Those two! Congrats on losing that pound. YOU GO GIRL!

Jo-Hey don't be so hard on youself. I have been the same way and eating anything not nailed down in Michigan. I am crying to keep a lid on it too, for when I go to Los Angeles, but it sure is hard isn't it? Don't worry Jo, you will do it. Start brand new tomorrow that's all. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Peggy-Sorry about your filing cabinet accident. Gosh that is awful and I hope your bruises go away soon. Take care of youself.

Judy-Man you sure are going to town with that scale arn't you? Keep on going down down down and than down down down again. YOU ARE DOING THIS!

Sandi-Chrissy said you and Spence were going to Mary's funeral. Gosh I would have loved to see you and Spence again, but I really had to get home to get everything down for my California trip. Hope you had a safe trip down there and back.

Sherry-Miss you girlfriend, soon as things settle down and I get back from L.A I will have to try your number again and maybe this time we can actually hear each other's voice. I can't wait! Hope things are fine with you and your health. Love you Sher-Bear!

Chrissy-Gosh it was only yesterday I saw you last when I ran into your house to give you the mail that came to Dad's house. You looked so pretty I though and have such strengh and endurance during all of this. I really loved seeing you again and hope you will start to heal soon. I just keep remembering when me and the guys went to you Mom's room after I heard she was gone and her roomate Marie told me that you and your sisters, Cynthia and Carol treated you Mom like she was a queen. Please always remember that you were the best daughter anyone could ever ask for. Your Mom sure knew it, I am sure of that.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((CHRISSY)))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Well better go finish packing cause I have lots to do. This morning I spend the day filling out paperwork to take there and I even had to go to the Police Station to get finger printed. I guess anyone who works with children has to and I for one am glad of it. Can't have a bunch of perverts working with children can we? I am so tired from all this running around I have done today. But tomorrow I will be on my way and maybe will be able to relax in between training if that is possible. I went out and bought a couple of bathing suits to use around the pool there. Hey CHRISSY!!!!! Remember what you said about my old bathing suit that you could see through in the back cause it was so worn down? So now you will be so happy won't you? Tell Em and El that Aunt Sharon got a new bathing suit and they will be happy too.

Love you guys, and see you when I come back next week. Love Sassy Sharon
Old 03-11-2002, 08:44 AM   #14  
Long Lost Chickie

It's Monday morning. Yuck. I'm sitting here at work with a sore throat and a hacking cough. What am I? Stupid? I was in bed at 8:00 last night and slept through the night. This morning, I swore I'd call in sick. But as I said, I must be stupid.

I weighed in on Saturday. Lost 0.2 lbs. and was happy for it. I was so worried. Of course, dodging that bullet didn't stop me from eating like a maniac the rest of Saturday and at the breakfast on Sunday. The only thing that may have saved me is that we were really really busy at this breakfast and I ran around like a nut. Must have gone up and down the stairs to and from the kitchen a hundred times. Unfortunately, I gave in to a bacon craving too. Haven't had bacon in so long! I'd forgotten how good it tastes. Uh oh.

I stepped on my scale this morning and it says I'm up 7 lbs.! I'm hoping it's mostly water weight though (had chinese food on Saturday night) and I'm going to be good this week, I promise.

Trish, glad to hear from you again. I remember the wineries up in your area. Could be trouble! But at least the jelly beans are better than chocolate or those marshmallow peeps or malted milk eggs or coconut cream bunnies or .... Oops. Sorry. I'm glad I gave up candy for Lent. It's helping ... a little....

CJ, my official update: Started at 202 on June 19, 2000. Now at 164. So that's 38 lost. Goal is 150 so I have 14 to go. And it's taking FOREVER!!!! Sorry I didn't email them to you but I lost your latest email addy. Yeah, I'm a dummy.

Peggy, how are you doing with those bruises? Hope they're healing and you're not too sore. I have an old metal file cabinet that has the habit of tipping forward if more than one drawer is opened. I like the newer ones that only let you open one drawer at a time. Saves klutzes like me from having that happen. Take care!

Have to go now and blow my nose. Oh, like you all really needed to know that. I don't want to be sick. I don't have the time ... or the energy ... to be sick! Did I mention that our patio doors are being delivered on Friday and we are totally unprepared for them!!! We'll have to store them in the garage which means the car that's been sitting in there for over a year will have to be towed out. (Rich keeps claiming he knows a guy who wants to buy the thing and he'll get it out of there. I'll believe it when I see it. ) Can't wait to see how this week ends....

Stay tuned.
Much love, Jo.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:59 AM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

Hi and Happy Monday to all...

I had a great weekend. I used the 'I'm too sore to do anything' excuse to the fullest. Stayed in bed most of the weekend and watched movies. HE took 2 days off last week to work at an outside contract, so spent this weekend catching up on work that he needed to do by today. One was a presentation that he needed to do for the government this morning. Another was to write cirriculum for a course he has starting on April 1 and needed to be to the printer today. The lady that was supposed to be writing it since last September dumped it in his lap last week not done. She had six months to do it, he has 2 1/2 weeks, including printing and multi media time. Just a little stress in the house this weekend. LOL.

This morning didn't help when I spent 45 minutes on the phone at 4:00 am giving the cab driver (taking hubby to the airport so I wouldn't have to get up) directions to the house. What a bozo he was. I'm wondering if he ever made it on time...

This morning's WI was even great. Lost another 1. 75 pounds this week. Hoping to make another mini-goal by next WI - down under 130 pounds. It is getting so close, but like Jo says, the closer you get, the harder it is to stay OP. I'm having a really hard time, but I'm still plugging away. I WILL drop the extra 11 pounds to get to my personal goal.

CJ - It is so good to hear from you again. We still miss you and hope that you join in soon. Take care.

Trish - Jelly beans and wines. Sounds like a great time. Although you didn't lose last week, this is a new week and still time to get back on track. You can do it.

Sharon - Good to hear from you. Great that you had a good time with family visiting Papa. Hope your training goes well and that you are able to stay OP while away. You were doing so well before you left. Keep it up.

Hope everyone has a great week. Keep those pounds coming off.

Luv,
Closed Thread