Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 10:29 PM   #16  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Hey guys!

Hey! Just have to drop in here real quick before I go to work. It is about 10:21pm right now and I have to leave in about 20 minutes. I don't have time to reply to everyone individually, I just wanted to hop in and say hello and tell everyone how much I've missed you. I haven't posted in a couple of days and I can really tell. You definitely know when something is missing in your life. I've been lurking and reading a little here and there though.
I usually do alot of posting at work on my boss's computer, but someone was using it the other day and messed it up and now she has banished us all from using it. So, now I have to fight the boys and DH to get on the computer and it's crazy!
Things are still going pretty well. Still OP and doing my Leslie Sansone videos. Any interesting ideas on how to spice up the "water" thing? I've tried lemons and occasionally Crystal Light......but I need a little "kick"! I do want to say it was nice seeing TT back on the thread. I've missed you, you little devil, you! Hope your feeling better. This is my last night and I'm off for the next two days! WOO HOO! And......last but not least, are Mary and I the only ones that are going to post pictures? Believe it or not, I hate having my pictures taken, but I had those that I was forced to take by DH and I thought it would be cool to send them, but I would love to see some pictures of my buddies too!
Well, I have to go for now........hope you are all well and I will definitely see you guys tomorrow!
Old 03-09-2002, 10:47 PM   #17  

SOME of us might not know HOW to post our picture!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2002, 04:19 AM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Wink Super Sunny Sunday !!!

Good morning everyone. I have been up all night AGAIN.
I am posting now because i hope to go see my parents this morning.

Malia.... you are soooo beautiful !!! Oh to be young again. I am green with envy.
I am grateful you posted your picture... thank you.
It seems so funny having you talk about being hot and dry when it is cold and wet here. LOL
Glad you are back.

QueenB... I am like luckylady... I have NO idea how to post a picture. Don't you have to have a scanner?? I don't have one.
But I love seeing all of yours. I think someone told me when you develop your film at WalMart they have an option to get it online. Does anyone know anything about that?? I will try to remember to call Monday and ask about it.

Does anyone have their own web site? There is another group I once belonged to and they formed their own web site and posted pictures and info there. You had to have a password to have access to it. You had to belong to the group for several months before you got the password. And they changed it often since people would quit posting. They were very protective of it.

I know I don't want my neighbors knowing I post here and read about my inner feelings. And I certainly don't want to tell them what I weigh. ... LOL

Glad to see you back.. and even happier to see you are still on program.
Too bad about losing your access at work.

Baylee... I can relate so much to you. I never had shrimp either and I am trying to change that now.
And I would go dancing with you if we lived by each other.
I have not gone to any of those other sites yet. ..but I will try.
DETERMINATION has gotten me thru today. I WANT BACK ON PROGRAM.

Kat... thanks for reminding me about shrimp. Mmmm good.

I just want to share again... I MADE IT TODAY!!!!!
I drank my water.
I ate on program.
I fed my mind and soul as well as my body.

Today is all that really matters.... so make it a good one.
Old 03-10-2002, 08:59 AM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Good Morning everyone.

2 Cute: you do have to scan your photo. and yes Wallmart will put them online you can also get your photos on a CD also thats what I do. I get mine on Cd they are easier to store that way no photo albums to fool with.

I am up a few pounds this week.
I have been eating out a lot while at work. Have got to get back OP. Help me ladies.

Malia: you are pretty.

Baylee I love shrimp boiled especially. and crab legs too.

See you all later.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:15 AM   #20  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

More pictures! Wahoo! Malia, you look so cute and sporty.
I'm feeling a tad better. Thought I had kicked this thing last night and went ahead and did a busy mom dinner of store bought fried chicken. Two pieces and I was back to where I was a couple of days ago. Miserable!!! I'm going to stick to a mellow diet for a few more days and see if I can kick the rest of this. Actually, the foods I'm craving are seriously hot and spicy. Maybe I need more of them. Yeah, any excuse for a curry.

My family is waking up, and I need to go enjoy some time with them since we are lucky enough to be all together this morning. I'll be back later today while taking a break from house recovery (otherwise known as house cleaning).

Andria
Old 03-10-2002, 11:23 AM   #21  
a work in progress...

Default Sunday...FUN day!

Hi group!

How's it going today? I'm very excited this morning cuz I put on the underwear that live in the back of my drawer because they WERE a little too snug and cut me right in the middle of what I affectionately refer as the "sub paunch" (You know that roll under the belly button?) Yes, I know that's probably a little TOO MUCH INFORMATION, but there's more! They even fit me WITH my monthly visitor!! (WAY TOO MUCH INFO, now!) Ah well, we must celebrate our successes, whatever they are!

I LOVE all the pictures of you guys! I have NO idea how to send one, (technologically challenged) but I'll get hubby or my daughter to help me...Although I AM kind of leary ...I like the idea of the website, as 2cute mentioned...I'm not that crazy about posting my pic on the internet, God knows who'd see it...not that I post such intimate thoughts, but my weight isn't something that ANYONE knows except the weigh in lady @ WW and you guys here! Something to consider...any of you out there know how to create a website just for us??

I'm on DAY 4 of my challenge...still gung ho,,,unusual for me...generally, I have 3 good days on program and then things just start to unravel...so far so good this week. Last night, we went to "Lone Star" for dinner...a steakhouse...after all that fish, I was DYING for some red meat! I figured that since I hadn't eaten since breakfast, I was ENTITLED to eat whatever I wanted to! {stinkin' thinkin'} We were ready to order the big ol' fried onion blossom...and then I said, why don't we skip the appetizer and get DESSERT instead? (A good compromise, I thought, since normally I would have done both and everything in between!) I ordered a 9 oz sirloin steak, their smallest, a baked sweet potato and a "lettuce wedge." They brought out a wedge of lettuce the size of Texas, sprinkled with chopped tomatoes and blue cheese dressing, on the side of course! I ate about two thirds of the lettuce, I figured better to fill up on that and save some of the dinner for lunch today...long story short, I ate every last ounce of my steak and most of the potato, and had NO desire for dessert! Later that night, I had to pick daughter up at the ice cream parlor where she works and ordered a cup of low fat/sugar free ice cream...all total, my dinner and dessert cost me 24 points, but they were worth it! I still came in under my allotment for the day...plus earned two extra points for my walk earlier in the day...

I'm taking the boys (son and nephews) hiking today...it's about 35 degrees w/ wind chill factor...about 35 degrees colder than yesterday! brrrr...

I thought I was going to post a muffin recipe that I saw in this month's Prevention magazine...til I tried it...BLEAH! I may have to tweak this a bit to improve it...I'll have to come up with something later...

be good...see you later...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-10-2002 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-10-2002, 11:24 AM   #22  

Malia You are so cute…..Is green a specific team color there? Don’t you just hate it when you can’t get here to post. It’s just like when your car breaks down and you can’t go anywhere. That is [size= 4 ]all [/size] you can think about. Thanks for posting your picture.

I DO have scanner. My problem is finding a picture. I am the family “picture taker” so I rarely am in any of the pictures I have. I have an old one but was smaller then so I don’t know if that counts…..(oh, and younger too).

Kat Any report from your trip to the B&B and silly string?

Baylee I have books on all of those diets. My problem is I would jump from one to another depending on which one I “heard” something on. Now I am trying to go with what I feel good about. I also know I do not like doing a lot of cooking of a regular basis so I have been trying to keep that in mind also.

Thankfully the wind has quit and the sun it out. I heard the snow plow early this morning. This is suppose to be an easy winter but I still want spring and SOON.

Yeah, I heard a car go by….I may get out of here yet.

I have to work on my journal chart (for lack of another name). Of course, then the BIG challenge – actually filling it out this week.
Old 03-10-2002, 02:23 PM   #23  

Goodmorning,

Beautiful day here. Clear and bright. I bought fresh strawberries from BigK yesterday. They were huge and semisweet. We grow strawberries on the island, on the volcano. The volcanic ash soil makes them sweet. They're a premium and rare to find. I remember when we would buy the first crops at the office. $4 for half a flat. I love this time of year. My roses are blooming and ferns are thriving.

Kat, same here with the underwear. I bought cotton undies, "briefs". They fit oddly--high cut on me--now they fit as briefs should. My bra is loose though, I'm on the second row of hooks.

I miss gifs. I'm going to scan them and post them on the website. I'm going back to BigK today and buy more strawberries. Two guesses on what my fruit will be this week.

Thank you for the compliments on my picture. The color green is for our university of Hawaii football team. We attended a game on Maui (they came to us from Oahu). It was fun. They gave us pom poms. We bought the hats. I've been to games on Oahu, the fans are dedicated (crazy?).

Will be back this afternoon. Aloha,
Malia

p.s. The gif quality is not the same, no animation too.
Old 03-10-2002, 04:37 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon,

I've been reading this thread for quite awhile and really enjoy the post's I've read, but didn't want to barge in on your group. But I feel left out and want to be part of it, I've tried posting on some other threads but they seem to dwindle away, and I look forward to getting up every morning to see who's posted. It's the only support I seem to be getting right now, and this site keeps me going.

Just to tell you alittle about myself I'm 25, mother of one 4yr old son and recently engaged to my boyfriend of 6yrs. I've been struggling with my weight since kindergarten, I can remember my mom trying to put me on diet's. I'm at the highest I've ever been and don't want to be here no more. I almost gave up, and was seriously thinking of gastric bypass surgery, (my mom had it done) but I happened to come across this site and since that day( one monthe ago tomorrow) I've lost 14lbs, and feel ahell of alot better, drinking lots of water and choosing healthier foods, If other people can lose 100's of pounds then so can I. I'm not calling this a diet but a new and improved way of life.

I look forward to posting with you lady's, Tomorrow is week four weigh in I'll post back and let you know how thing's turn out. Kind of scared been having trouble controling my mouth in the evening lately, things keep on ending up in it.
Old 03-10-2002, 05:56 PM   #25  
a work in progress...

Default Welcome Duckie!

Hi Duckie, welcome to our group! We were in another thread together on the Buddy Up forum...that did dwindle out, didn't it? Well, feel free to join us here, we are a cool group if I do say so myself!

Malia, I'm jealous, all this talk of roses and strawberries!! I just satisfied a bit of the gardening urge by raking up all the sticks and branches blowing around my front lawn! It's SO windy out today! When I'm done here, I intend to visit a gardening website to order some seeds...I am ready to start planting! Some of my daffodils have actually bloomed and there are a few purple crocuses open...my tulips are irises are sprouting green shoots and my forsythia has buds on it! I love flowers, can you tell?

Have you northern girls dug out yet? I know in the past I have requested a shipment of snow from you guys, but you can cancel that now...I'm in "Springtime Mode!"

Hey, guess what I got in the mail yesterday?? Two tickets to "The View!" Does anybody watch that? My sister and I wrote to request tix for that and "the Rosie O'Donnell Show," and lo and behold, "the View" tickets came yesterday! We're going to try to change the date we got, because she can't get out of work that day, so I'll let you know when to look for me in the audience! (uh...not that you know what I look like or anything, but you know what I mean!)

Here's my recipe...I was going to make this today, but opted for chicken and gravy in the crockpot {4 boneless chicken breasts, sprinkled w/salt & pepper, 1 onion, sliced--place in CP, pour 1 can of French's Fat Free chicken gravy over all, set on low for 6 hours or til done.} So much easier, and we had time for a good long hike, since I didn't have to cook! Anyway, I'm going to try this on my next "chicken night!"

Grilled Maple Glazed Chicken
from Weight Watchers Annual Recipes for Success 2001

2 skinned, bone-in chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
2 skinned, chicken thighs (about 1/2 lb)
2 skinned chicken drumsticks (about 1/2 lb)
1 cup maple syrup (use pure syrup, not pancake syrup)
1/3 cup bourbon
1/3 cup orange juice
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Cooking spray

*Combine all ingredients, except cooking spray in a large, heavy duty zip top bag, marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hrs, turning occasionally.
*Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a saucepan, bring to a boil, remove from heat.
*Coat grill rack with cooking spray, place chicken on rack over med-hot coals (350-400 degrees) Grill 6-8 minutes per side til done, basting frequently with reserved marinade.

4 servings
6 points/serving

I think I'll try it with boneless breasts on my George Forman and see how that works...will report results...

OK, gotta go now...

love to all, xxoo
Old 03-10-2002, 09:01 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

STOP!!!

DO NOT POST HERE!

Go to "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#141"
Closed Thread