General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Palm and other schedule trackers. Advice needed.

My second Handspring (Palm Pilot type) just died again. I'm tired of putting batteries in every couple of weeks. Besides, this thing is about 8 years old.

If you use one, what type? Do you like it? Would you buy it again?

I don't want to upgrade my phone to include this. I just want something small that will let me keep track of appointments, schedules, hours, etc.

TIA
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I love love LOVE my Sony Clie - I wouldn't have anything else They've held their prices well, but you should be able to find one without too much damage to the bank account.

To be honest, before this, I had a Palm M series - and I'd definitely recommend it. You can almost always find one with full colour and rechargeable base on eBay for well under $100.

Hope that helps!
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I also loved my Sony Clie. However, Sony had discontinued production about 2 years ago which I found out when I went to buy a new one. But they are still available on e-bay, Amazon, etc. Personally, I do have a Palm Treo 650phone. I like not having to carry 2 things around, but I do miss some of the features of the items separately.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #4  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Wow! I had no idea Sony had discontinued them - oh dear. What rotten news. Ignore my advice then

Good luck!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I'm seriously thinking of converting to a Treo myself. It would make a lot of things easier IMO.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:52 AM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I have a Palm Zire and I'm pretty happy with it. But I don't need anything fancy, just something that will store my calendar, contacts, and memos and that syncs up with Outlook. I got it from Amazon.com a couple of years ago--they had some sort of rebate on it so I only paid $75 (my only requirements for a PDA was that it be cheap and easy to use--the Palm was the cheapest thing available at the time). Looks like the price has gone up a bit.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:12 PM   #7  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Thanks everyone.

I think I still have some thinking to do. I no longer need it to sync to Outlook so that isn't a problem. Who knows what it will need in the future. I'm after something for my hours, calender and notes. I think I'll hang out in that aisle at Fry's Electronics this weekend.

Thanks again.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

I left my job needing lots of features, so I just bought a cool new smartphone with Windows Mobile 5 - I can sync with outlook (for calendar/contacts, get email if required, and use as a phone. It's the same as a cingular 3125, very cool!
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote