Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 10:44 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello all!! Misty you really crack me up! Thanks for the compliment on my posts. I didn't realize I was the educating type. Just passing on some tips. Good for you for getting outside and enjoying the fresh air. It really makes a difference doesn't it??
Well another day of good eating here. I'm at about 1000 again. But I'm still lacking on the water. Must get that 8 glasses in. I'll try better on that tomorrow.
Well I'd have a longer post but I must catch survivor. I left earlier and my dh taped it for me. I love that show. C-ya.
Old 03-08-2002, 01:10 PM   #32  
SAHM Cheerbabe

How is everyone today? Things are going along here. I'm trying to regain my sanity, kiddies are finally down for a nap! The youngest is going through some awful teething. I was up most of the night watching telly tubbies with her. It seems to be the only thing that calms her. I'm very tired. No motivation to exercise at all. I'm actually debating taking a nap. I forced myself to do yoga this morning. I hope you all are doing great!
Old 03-08-2002, 02:25 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Exclamation

Hi Everyone!

Welcome, Sheila! I'm so happy that you have joined us! I'm so glad that you came out of the "lurkers closet!" It looks as though you have a lot in common with us. The top 2 being that you have children & want to lose weight! The depression issue: Well, I think trying to keep a family happy & not spending enough time on ourselves is one of the big reasons we go over the edge at times. Thanks for listing the Slim Fast Website. I've been trying to get on that site for weeks and then finally gave up! I guess they had it under construction for awhile. With you mentioning it, I gave it another try & am finally logged in as a member now & I have also bookmarked it in my files. Slim Fast has helped me a lot with my weightloss in the past & it's great that there is a website to go to now. Ginny: I'm glad that you had the chance to check in with us. I was really worried about you being upset with me! It looks as though I need a self-confidence builder, huh? Spryng: Again thanks for mentioning the Woman's World article on detoxifying our bodies. I picked up the March 12th issue & I'm very much interested in trying this ASAP! To the whole thread: I've been at an all-time low the past couple of days. If I haven't been making much sense, this is why. DH left for another long-weekend of snowmobiling in the Northwoods again! This s/b his last weekend for the year, so I let him go. The only good thing about having him gone is that I can "pamper" myself today & not feel guilty about not doing the housework. I told him that seeing that he w/b gone today, I was taking a "mental health" day & will do what I want for the whole day! No guilt for being on the computer, reading or just plain laying around & watching videos! I still feel quite tense, but what a relief to "unwind" a little! I also went to the Public Library this a.m. & checked out a bunch of self-help audio tapes. I checked out about 20 of them! (No lie!) The Librarian must have thought that she had a real nut case there! I don't care because as soon as I leave she'll hopefully forget all about me! If the tapes can help me & I can learn a lot from them, who cares, right? I picked up 2 on weightloss, another on finding my authentic self, lots on stress related topics, a Chicken Soup for the Soul, & a few on raising & disciplining children. Thank goodness they are all on tape, as I can do other things while listening to them. I also checked out 2 DVD videos, Erin Brockovich & another on rock concerts of the past. Does this look like a "Pamper Yourself" day, or what? I'm sorry I'm ramblin' on so long...I just needed to vent or let you know how I'm feeling. Misty: Thanks for the info about your experience on Welbutrin. I somewhat have the same side effect as you did, but I'm dealing with it. DD is back in school today & DM is leaving this afternoon for my brothers for the night. I guess the Lord finally answered my prayers & has given me the "time off" that I needed. DD sure needed to go back to school, as she had so much built-up energy inside of her! Her class went bowling today in celebration of Lutheran Schools week. I sure hope that she comes back tired out, so I can extend my laid-back day! Gemini: How are you doing? Come back here as often as you'd like! Well, I guess it's time to work off some stress on the recumbent bike. Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 03-08-2002, 02:36 PM   #34  
hangin' in there...

Lil...

Hangin' tough here! I had a great eating day yesterday, and another one so far today. I'm glad to be back on track after my chocolate cake binge at work the other night.

I have my menu all planned out for this weekend at work... will bring all my food and vow to stay "good". I am going to a work party Saturday night and have decided to allow myself one "splurge"... hopefully this will let me not feel cheated. Besides, there will be lots of dancing to work it off!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to walk since Tuesday... the baby is still sick (stomach bug), and is cutting molars, to boot. Ds is getting better by the day, though, after his tonsillectomy a week ago. Now if I could just get him to take his medicine without having to hold him down! As for my walking, I think I'll try to get out for some mall walking this evening after dinner.... I need to pick up more oatmeal for ds anyway. Then I'll be on my feet at work all weekend, so my exercise is covered there.

I hope everyone one else is well and has a great weekend!
Old 03-08-2002, 02:43 PM   #35  
hangin' in there...

Jackie,

I'm good! Thanks for asking! We must have been posting at the same time.

Your day of pampering sounds wonderful... I may need the same on Monday after my 20 hours of work this weekend! Oh, please let ds feel well enough to go to preschool for a couple of hours on Monday!!!
Old 03-08-2002, 03:22 PM   #36  

Good afternoon all!! I'm so happy to read so many posts again!
I am so glad you are getting a personal day jackie. You deserve it. I hope it helps lifts your spirits.
Gemini, it's good to hear that you got a plan now for work and enjoy that party!! We are going to a wedding tomorrow and I am looking forward to the dancing, (at the reception of course) and good FOOD!!
I'm having another great day for eating. I've been cleaning all day. My bedroom needed some special TLC. It's not been really cleaned in about 3 months now So needless to say I was tired of walking on clothes and papers and towels and such. So I put in Barney for the kids and cleaned away. I actually have a carpet again!! Imagine that! Then after I finished that I attacked my kitchen and living room and guest bath. Yet I'm still revving to go! I had a low cal sandwich for breakfast, and some soup for lunch and I have a crock pot full of tasty beans on for dinner. I'm sure they are not low calorie so that's why I've been eating light for the other meals so I can have a nice dinner of beans and cornbread. It smells heavenly in here. How can beans smell so good yet after you eat them the house smells so bad!! Oh, did I say that??
Anyway, as you can see I'm in a very good mood. I hope my vibes rub off on you guys too. I have plenty to spare today for some reason.
Gemini I hope your little ones get better fast. Mine was sick just a week ago so I know what you are going through with that stomach bug. They are so pityful aren't they?
jackie, I really want to try that cleansing diet too. I think it would be a perfect time to do it. Right before summer. It will clean out your liver and shed some lbs. I'm all for that. I went to one of the websites posted for the herbs and it's a great deal. You can get a two week package for 26.00 , that's not bad. But I don't have that right now to spend on me so I'm going to wait a couple more weeks. Let us know if you decide to try it. the best thing is it's only for 7 days and then back to normal eating. I can do it for seven days. And the prospect of losing a lb a day is great!!
Misty, you take that nap and enjoy it! Just because we are all grown up doesn't mean we don't deserve a nap every once in a while. It may do you some good. With you feeling so tired and all you may be coming down with something. I'd take some vit C if I were you just in case. It helps boost your mood too plus is a diuretic. So vit C is my miracle drug. And you can never take too much and get sick. If you take too much what your body doesn't need it will wash out of your system. So it's not harmful. Believe me, when my DH and DS got the flu I took 4000 mg in the morning and 2000 in the afternoon and 2000 more before bed. I never got sick. Just a little bit of a sore throat so I think I really headed it off. But none the less, I hope you get rested.
Well, I guess I should get off here. Everyone have a great day!!
Old 03-08-2002, 08:22 PM   #37  

Just a quick check in!

FYI: I believe that my "Pity Party" is over. (At least for today.) It didn't dawn on me 'til I started feeling better, but I'm probably in the PMS stage. Every couple of months I have a bad case of PMS. So...hopefully my hormones are all straightened out so that the kids & I can have a sane weekend! My personal day started out kind of rough. DS forgot an assignment @ home, so after dropping off dd @ her school, I had to go 30 min. in the other direction to his school! Well, it must have been meant to happen, because I had a chance to go to the library for all my treasures! (The kind I can return when finished with)
I still was quite depressed until about 4:00 this aft. & then a different personality came out of me! I was able to ride an hour on my recumbent bike while watching tv & reading these posts! Well, it's getting kind of late for dinner here & the kids are starving, so I'd better close for now. Take care, everyone!
Old 03-09-2002, 09:32 AM   #38  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Glad to hear you enjoyed some time yesteray Jackie. You really deserve it. Then making it on the bike and all to, fantastic. I did take a nap! It rejuvinated me and I felt much more ready to face the day.
Is anyone still on the St Patty's day challenge? 8 days if anyone wants to join me. Pick your #'s if you don't want to go for the 5#. I'm not getting on the scales till that day. So I'm shooting for 120# (about 3 or 4# away mostly water from pms though). Come on someone get in on this! Even if it's 1#. Okay I'll check back later.
Did anyone notice my new member status yet! It's been that way since I came back from vacation!

Last edited by Lilbitofsunshine; 03-09-2002 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-09-2002, 10:26 AM   #39  

That's so cute Misty! Should I change mine to Mascot??
I'm on the st. patricks day challenge. I'm hoping to be 130 so that's two more lbs. Is it really 8 days away?? Wow. It snuck up on me. I hope I can get two lbs off in 8 days. I'll try anyway.
Well, how is everyone this morning?
I'm a bit tired. We had a really bad storm last night. We live in a double wide mobile home so it can get scary in a storm. We were under tornado watch and the winds were whipping some of our siding off of the house. So needless to say I couldn't sleep through all the commotion. I kept getting up to check the news and make sure we didn't go under a warning. We've only been here 6 months in this house and this is my first time to live in a mobile home so I was scared.
We are going to that wedding today at 3:00 so that is something to look forward to. I'm getting all dolled up. Just for the fun of it. I'm making my dd a hair band right now to match her cute dress. Then I'm spiral curling my hair and doing my makeup. So today is basically dress up day. I love doing that so that should cheer me up from a lack of sleep. Plus I have all that good food to look forward to later! But don't worry. I'm saving calories for it. A light breakfast and lunch so I can splurge a little. And I don't think I'll hit the cake or anything. So I should be ok.
Well, I guess I'm off here to paint nails. Talk to you girls later!
Old 03-09-2002, 05:47 PM   #40  

Talking

Do you want to know what the BIG GRIN is all about? I'm getting real talented on my end of the website & am typing/posting while I'm 16 min. into my workout on the recumbent bike! I went on for an hour this a.m. & now I'm back on for another hour due to a guilt complex that I got after having a Jr. Turtle Sundae @ Culvers earlier today. Misty: I noticed your new usernname right after you returned, but I thought I missed it all this time since you joined! I guess I'm more observant than I thought I was! Hmmn....maybe I should be SR. SIDEKICK!! About the St. Pat's challenge: I'm still in on it! I may have to pedal 'til then to make it though! Spryng: I sure don't envy you right now living in a mobile home.
My dm lived in one for awhile & it scared me half to death when we were having storms. Do you have tie downs installed on yours? How about a common storm shelter? I hope that you are having fun @ the Wedding today. I bet you look beautiful & that your DH is proud to be by your side! Oh!, and speaking about good food: I checked out the new Slim Fast Website & answers to most of our weightloss questions are there. How much fiber we should consume p/day, what our grocery shopping list should have on it & so on. I'm not sure, but I think Sheila is the one who mentioned that site. I love it!! Well, I guess I have to get off the 'puter because Klarabelle, my cat is SUPER JEALOUS that I'm paying more attention to the bike & computer & not letting her sit on my lap or have her ears scratched!! Until later,

Last edited by Freckles; 03-09-2002 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-10-2002, 09:12 AM   #41  
burned out bus driver

Thumbs down

Good morning!!!!!!!
WELCOME to Sheila and Gemini! I have finally gotten a quick chance to scan thru the old posts and meet both of you. Its exciting that you are both here and I hope that you find this thread as much fun and encouraging as the rest of us do. My days feel "naked" if I do not get a chance to post.

Well.............lets see if I can get this right this time (Jackie I will check first and see if you beat me to it this time!) Time to start a new thread............#36. See y'all there!
Ginny
Closed Thread