Old 06-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #53: Let's Get Back to Sexy!!!

to theJune 2007 Weighty Issues Thread. Summer is finally here!!! Are you looking and feeling as hot as the summer temps? It's smokin' hot where I live but my body image needs to catch up. I want to change the term "lazy days" of summer, we should be focusing on exercising, eating right and making the most of our sexy selves. Do we want to feel great and show it off? Or will we be kicking ourselves for not taking control? Fake it til you make it, I say. We can do this together and bring sexy back!

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast and the sunny Pacific .

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile . You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

I took a day off today and brought Michael out to Sea Life Park (anyone see the movie 50 First Dates?), a small marine park out here. It was blazin' hot and humid...it's a good thing I slathered sunscreen on us both. We had a great time. He fed the sea lions, we got to pet an 11 mo. old sea turtle (I had no idea their skin was so soft) and fiddled around with the star fish and anemones. It was a pretty awesome day. We also watched the dolphin and wholphin (half false killer whale/dolphin) show. Neat! I'm just relaxing now in the A/C of my office. Don't think I'll get any work done at this point but at least I can sort out the mail.

Angie, I'm glad you got your dish sorted out. I'm right there with you on "starting again" on Monday--it's definitely Monday for me, Sunday's are still crazy fat laden BBQ days at my house Enjoy your lobster feast, sounds WONDERFUL

Virgo, how are ya today? No worries OK?

Hi to Dips, cw, Kempy, Cal and everyone... have a wonderful weekend. Don't know if I'll pop back in here (not like I like to come into the office :P ) but I'll be back online Monday. Enjoy
Old 06-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everybody,
We made it back to my Dad's in MO. yesterday afternoon about 4:00pm. We have had really good days for traveling so that has been good. We had a little rain in PA. the day before we left there and then we didn't have anymore rain until yesterday morning around St. Louis. It wasn't to bad though, I always get so nervous when it rains hard and we are hauling the 5th wheel. Then last night we got a pretty good thunderstorm during the night. The rain was heavy and we had some wind that kind of rocked the trailer which was a lot of fun! NOT!!!
I have got some more pictures and as soon as I can get them on the computer I will try to get them posted. Right now they are saying we have flash flood warnings out for here and we have lightening and thunder dancing around us.
Guess I'd better get off of here for now. Just want to say Hello to everyone and hopefully I will have some good weather tomorrow and get some pictures posted. Everybody keep up the good work!!! Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

Be safe on your travels Karen!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #5  

I forgot to mention last week that I am down 9.3 lbs.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #6  

Where is everyone??

Cal
Old 06-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, I am in the office today... I stayed home yesterday and did ALL my laundry and linens, took me the whole day too. Still don't have computer access at home unless my nephew comes over with his laptop.

Cal, BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your 9.3 lbs down. You are working it and it is coming right off. Just a few more days of school right? Michael's been out since last Thursday and I've brought him into the office today armed with his Gameboy, DVD's and snacks. I'm so envious of your upcoming cruise.

Angie, what you up to? Your garden pics are great. I haven't had much luck with re-starting my "diet" this week. I do good at breakfast but wait too long for lunch then I overeat. I have to go and restock my fridge and pantry so I'm all set instead of just winging it.

Karen, I hope you haven't had any troules with the weather during your travels, I know the gas prices are horrific though.

Kempy, are you floating on your pool right now??? Kidding! I know you're hard at work.

Virgo, I just read in my TV Guide that a new exhibit opened at the Museum of Science and Industry about CSI, and the actors from the show were there for the opening. Gawd, I would've loved to have been there, I absolutely love that show.

Dips, schools out right? What do you have planned for the summer?

Hi cw. Is your DD out of school yet?

Well, I have to get back to work. Have a good one and hope more of you can pop in.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

Default the newest addition to our zoo...

I don't remember if I told you guys about the kitten my sister found at the park. Some kid was going to dump it so she brought it home. She doesn't have a name so we've been calling her BB (black beard (she has a black smudge under her chin); or on bad days "bratty b*tch", or bratty biter since she's almost always in play attack mode and like to claw and bite ) My mom calls her Miss Kitty.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #9  

Hello Everyone!!
Well, we went to Grove, Oklahoma on Tuesday to visit my cousin and her hubby that live down there. They live on Grand Lake of the Cherokees down there. Well, almost on the lake! It is just about 2 blocks to go to the lake. This is a picture of myself, Ginger and Sissy, and Lois, my cousin and her "Baby" Buddy. He is such a sweet little ****zu and I was surprised at how well that the three of them got along together! It was great. I hadn't seen her in about 2 years.
We came back up to my Dad's in MO. yesterday and plan on heading back to Colorado on Sunday. Should be back home Monday night.

Cal---Congrats on your weight loss!! That is great but I think I may have found all that you have lost!!! I'm really going to have to get back on track when we get back home. No time to diddle around!! So I will probably need a good swift kick in the pants to get motivated again.

We have spent some time looking at homes back here. We have thought about moving back here and I could be so much closer to my family. But really can't do anything if we can't sell our home in Colorado first. But just checking out what you can buy for the money back here.

Noelle, What a cute kitty!! I used to have cats too but decided since we travel to come back here and to PA. that I wouldn't try to get cats again. I take Ginger and Sissy with us where ever but it would be a lot harder to travel with a cat or to try to get someone to watch them while we are gone.

My brother never has been able to get the pool ready but that's OK we got in some good visits and he has so many things on his mind right now with his divorce coming up the end of this month. His sons are still hoping to be able to get it done and they have been out there working on getting it cleaned up as best they can. They might be able to get it up and going the end of this month.

Everyone have a good night and I'll check back hopefully one more time before we pack up to go home.

Take care and keep up the good work!! Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #10  

It's gotten a little quiet.
Wednesday was our last day of school. I'm so relieved to have everything done, and now I can relax a bit before heading to Seattle and Alaska next week. Yesterday we went shopping for some shoes for hubby. Being from Italy, he's a little picky when it comes for quality shoes. Afterwards we went to my brother's house and watched him stressing while he was trying to load up his van. They were leaving today for CA, then flying up to Seattle on Sunday. It's going to be so awesome to have my brother and one of my sisters on this cruise with us. While watching my brother realize that he had to unload the suitcases (because he lost a camera strap), I told him that I knew it would be fun watching him pack!
My turn starts today when I start cleaning the house and finish going through the rest of the clothes that have to start finding their way into the suitcases.

Karen: It sure sounds like you are having a great time. It's great that you and your cousin are so close. The babies look beautiful!!

Noelle: What a cute kitty! You sound like you've been pretty busy. Hubby and I are thinking about taking Ashley to Hawaii for her birthday in October. I know that's the time when you make plans to come over here. Let me know when Michael's fall break is and maybe we can coordinate a great visit.

Hello to everyone else. Hope everyone can post soon. You are all missed.

Cal
Old 06-09-2007, 01:21 AM   #11  

Hello Ladies,
We spent today running and looking at different things and also with the family. I thought I would share these pics with you. One is myself and my Dad, another is my younger sister, myself and my Dad. My sister, Carole is 10 years younger than I am. And my Dad will be 88 in November. He is really doing pretty good for having that quadruple heart bypass this past September, and also having diabetes. I'm sure you can tell by looking at him he is just so fun loving and ornery!!

The other picture is of Praying Hands carved in stone. This is in Webb City, MO. The man who does this lives here in Webb City and has a really neat gallery called Bittersweet Galleries. He is a fantastic artist and has done many paintings. I just thought that these praying hands were just Beautiful and wanted to share this photo with you.

Tomorrow will be our last day here and we are planning on leaving Sunday to go back to Colorado. Last night was a little scary since they sounded the tornado sirens abut 11:30pm! We went inside my Dad's house and waited it out but nothing ever happened. We did have some wind and rain but not as bad as it was the night before!

Again I hope to sit down when we get back home and spend time just replying to everyone. Everyone have a good weekend and I'll catch you again when we get home. Take care everyone, Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 06-08-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #12  

I hope everyone is ok. It's been so quiet.

Karen: Your pictures are great. What a beautiful family. I hope your trip home is enjoyable and safe.

We leave in just 3 days for Seattle, and in 4 days we leave on our cruise. I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

Take care everyone.

Cal
Old 06-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

Hello ladies, how's everyone doing? Where IS everyone? I haven't been the best poster either but I think of you guys everyday. We're enjoying the summer here and taking advantage of cheap (or free) entertainment (museums, zoos, etc). We've been bowling alot at the army base and it costs almost half of what it does outside. I dunno if I'm getting any better, but we have fun anyway.

Karen, I love your pictures and I have to say, you don't look 10 years older than your sister, you look great. You must get those good genes from your dad, he doesn't look like he's approaching 90 at all! Love love love the prayer hands, that must've been pretty awesome to see in person. Are you back home yet?

Cal, again, hope you have a wonderful vacation and cruise, enjoy yourself!

Angie, how are things with you? Hope Brit and Corey are behaving themselves. I'm sure you can probably enjoy your pool at this time of year.

Kempy, haven't heard from you since your pool got put in -- I don't blame you, that's great fun and great exercise. You'll have one heck of a tan too.

Hi to Dips, Virgo, cw, and everyone else lurking. Come out and say hi!
Old 06-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #14  
Ready to do it!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/164

Height: 5'7

Hi every one! Hope everyone is doing well!

Noelle! I'm out in Hawaii too!! Haha! Nice to meet you!

Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone the best!
4thebigday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #15  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys!! I have been busy this week. My Mom had her surgery on Tuesday to remove the lump on her breast. She is supposed to find out today if they got all of the cancer. Thankfully she has decided to take the next 6 weeks off from work for her radiation treatments. She works nights and couldnt do that and get enough sleep for work plus it is supposed to make her tired really easy. I am praying that they got it all. She said that if it comes back she is having them remove the breast. After seeing what she went through on Tuesday if I ever get cancer they are going to have to remove my breast before I let them do to me what they did to her. I get queasy just thinking about it.

Diet is nonexistent. I went through a phase again of thinking about gastric bypass but it is just so scary to think about actually doing. But I am realistic that my history isnt good with keeping any weight off so I dont know what to do.

Jay's Birthday is on Monday and I bought him a Lafuma recliner chair for camping. He has been wanting one so I tried to surprise him but now he knows he has something since we pulled in the yard as Fed Ex was dropping it off. I made him look away while I ran it in the house. hahaha

That is about it for me. Sorry to be gone so long again.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote