Old 06-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #1  
This time is gonna work!!

S/C/G: 195/184/135

Height: 5'3"

Talking New to LAWL & this thread..need help

Hi all. I just started LAWL on Thursday and since then, even during T.O. the scales have gone up and down up and down. Is this normal? I had lost like 3 and now I"m back up 2. I'm very frustrated!

I'm using the LUNA bars and I'm on purple plan--the LA Lites were way too expensive--I'm a full time student and the DH is the only income provider. Any tips? Am I doing this right? Thanks in advance.
JDLAStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #2  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

JD - Usually after a TO there is rebound gain. To try to avoid it, I usually try to eat lighter proteins like fish/tuna after a TO. While it's neat to see the big inital loss from TO, as you get more used to it you will start to focus on the net loss a few days after TO.

Lots of people use the substitutes - you'll do fine.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 127/127/115

Height: 5'0"

Do you feel like you are retaining water? If so do 1/4 lemon squeezed into 1 cup water twice a day for little bit to reduce the water retention. Also has your plumbing been working so to speak? If not use a senna tea, you pick some up at the grocery store. That should get things moving in the right direction. Andrea
love4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 125/122/105

Height: 5'1

I am new too! I just started on Monday and it's TOM and I really didn't want to weigh but I have lost a pound my first day of TO and maybe will drop a few more after TOM. I know the TO use to be 3 days (because I have tried this diet once before) is it ok to do three days or should I just do two?

I am a student too so I am definitely hoping the cheaper substitutes work well!

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DIET!!
gapeach731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

I would say that 3 days is too much and that's probably why they changed it.. Your body goes into starvation mode and it starts retaining everything it can from what you eat to maintain normal bodily function... This is why starvation diets don't work...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #6  

Default Hmmm

Even with the TO, I gained a pound, on their scale, lost one pound on mine. Then I lost again--only to gain it back this morning. My counselor said my body is adjusting to eating all the food. I hope so. I wrote in my diary about the LUNA bars--I hope she understands. I just hope my body gets used to this cause it's quite frustrating to pay that amount of money and have no loss. Oh, and yes the plumbing is all working well, thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #7  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there, as lame as that sounds. Your body should regulate pretty soon and things'll even back out. Cassi and Dan promise! (hee, yeah, *I* won't promise, but they can promise, because they are teh smart!)
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Yeah.. so smart i'm up 4 lbs since last week... I suck!!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #9  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
Yeah.. so smart i'm up 4 lbs since last week... I suck!!
Dan, you're awesome and you know it!!! I don't know about you, but when I get into "I suck" mode, I tend to do much worse! Keep your chin up, stick to the plan, and those pounds will fall right off
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #10  
LAWL Salt Police

I know, I know... I've been really craving some Kung Bao chicken, but I guess I shouldn't.. I'm just tired of the BBQ chicken I made at home (2 nights in a row) and I don't want to risk the steak I cooked up either...

FRAK!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #11  

Wow Dan--I see you've lost 90lbs...is that doing strictly LAWL? I want so badly for this to just get off of me already that I worry--geez maybe that's adding to the weight gain huh? Anyway, thanks for all your words. I'm hoping to get out of this rut and soon!
Old 06-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #12  
LAWL Salt Police

Yeah... it's been mostly just due to diet.. I walk and did work out for a while, but got out of the habit.. That's all changing now, however, as I'll start personal training sessions next week to re-learn how to work out in a way that won't add any weight...

You can do it!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

JDLA - I notice you told your counselor you're doing Lunas. Do you think you would want to do an all-food plan? You can tell your COD that you don't want to do bars at all and they will adjust your plan. And welcome!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #14  

She saw that I was doing Lunas to replace the LA Lites and didnt' say anything--I told her they were just to costly. She understood--she's in college too! What is the all food plan? I'm just getting in so they colors and what not are confusing.

I'm only down 1.8lbs for my 1st week. Talk about discouraging! She said it was normal that in a month if I'm still barely loosing they will change my plan. I don't want to wait a full month!! I want to know if I need it changed now! I see some people are losing 10-12lbs in 2 weeks! Is this really normal or are they feeding me a line? Does anyone know?

You guys are my inspiration by the way! I can do this!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

The purple plan seems to be the one for you based on your height and weight. You would probably change plans in about 10lbs, and you can ask about that. As for the all-food plan, all they would do is bump you up to the next color plan (red in your case). But you wouldn't have to buy Lunas either.

Hang in there and just focus on following the plan exactly as written. Try to get your fruits in before 4:00 p.m. or so, and try to make sure you don't have bagels or heavy starches every day, and don't have red meat or pork a lot either. The scale will move!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote