Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Fit flops ? (UK girls help us out here)

http://www.thefitflop.com/faq/index.php

Has anyone heard of these or seen them?

I was just curious, how are they supposed to work?

Apparently they are pretty popular in the UK
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Reminds me of a shoe that used to be advertised in all of the teen magazines when I was a teenager. It claimed to do the same sort of thing. I never tried it but always wondered if it worked. What were they called? I can't believe I can't remember, they were advertised very heavily in things like "seventeen". Of course this was more than 20 years ago....
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #3  
Just Me

I was thinking this might be the same "technology" in the Nike barefoot runners? Maybe not.

Here is something crazy, I looked up the price in the UK, it is 36 pounds which translates to 71 US dollars. In the US, the fit flops are going for 39 dollars. I thought 39 dollars was a crazy price!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:08 AM   #4  
CoraNaomiHarrison

It looks just like a flip flop (and I no thats why its called fit flop) ansd running in something like that is terrable not to menshion your ankles have no suport.
It looks horrible Im thank-full that I have never seen it.
Cora
cora150892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #5  
Just Me

It actually isn't made for running, walking only. They even say you should only use it for your daily activities, no hiking and no major hill walking.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/200.6/140

Height: 5.3

I saw a pair of Reef flip flops with a bottle opener in the bottom. I think I'll stick with those!!!
Summersweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #7  

Got mine today. They are very well made. They are true to size and VERY comfortable. However you knew there would be an "however" right? IF you decide to purchase these FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. I did NOT and now my legs are screaming in pain. When they say 15 min at a time till you get used to them they are not kidding.
These things are in such demand that they are now sold out at the Bath and Bodyworks. They are going as high as 90 on Ebay. I only paid 39.95 for mine and they WILL be coming back to the USA in July at another store called Bliss.
I also own shoes called metatreks that have weighted soles. I have more soreness after wearing this lightweight Fit Flop then when wearing the 3 lbs apiece Metatreks.
I will continue to wear these and will post an update later.
lynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #8  
Just Me

Do the fitflops have weighted soles? Where are you sore?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:56 PM   #9  

No the soles are not weighted. The soreness is mostly in the backs of upper and lower legs. I don't currently have any soreness in the front but there is always Friday VBG.It kinda feels like a Keds sandal.It feels really good on the soles of your feet is light weight and made MUCH better then a plain old pair of flip flops.The footbed is cushy rubber and the sole is a harder rubber.I used to push a weight stack of over 500 lbs with my legs. My legs feel MORE worked in these things from simply walking around. I am quite impressed.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

If you're still out there, Lynna: how are you feeling about the Fit Flops after a couple of weeks trying them out? I've got a pair on order through Bliss spa and am anxious to get them. They are going for CRAZY prices on eBay right now, but I'm trying to be very patient.
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I can't seem to understand how these can build muscle or provide any other benefit. When I wear my 4" heels to work all day after having not worn them for a while (like today), sure, I can feel soreness the next day, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm getting a workout...or does it?

The only thing I can see is that if the foot is being positioned differently, you might be using different muscles when walking. Other than that, it just sounds like a gimmick. Plus, if someone works up to wearing them all day, they aren't really formal enough to wear to certain jobs, and therefore not practical.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Tammy -- Dr. Scholl's sandals? They were supposed to work your calves. All they seemed to do for me was kill the underside of my foot when they slipped and the ends slammed into my arches! lol
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:49 PM   #13  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I don't think so. This was probably prior to the Dr. Scholls. Maybe it was Candy Shoes and they were a type of clogs. I can't believe I can't remember it..... But they probably worked as well as the Dr. Scholls that you tried.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye Chubby View Post
I can't seem to understand how these can build muscle or provide any other benefit. When I wear my 4" heels to work all day after having not worn them for a while (like today), sure, I can feel soreness the next day, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm getting a workout...or does it?

The only thing I can see is that if the foot is being positioned differently, you might be using different muscles when walking. Other than that, it just sounds like a gimmick. Plus, if someone works up to wearing them all day, they aren't really formal enough to wear to certain jobs, and therefore not practical.

I actually do think wearing heels tones up your calves. That's pretty much what I attribute my rock-hard lower legs to. I'm sort of thinking that repositioning you were talking about is how these things supposedly work your butt and thigh area. I'm a lucky soul who gets to work from home so I plan on wearing them a lot and reporting back. Hey, even if it is a gimmick I've still got a pair of flip flops for the pool, even if they are on the pricey side.
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #15  

Sorry I have been away for awhile. My butt now "LOOKS" like a butt. It used to be like a pancake. I have went down a pant size and my legs WOW. Now don't get me wrong I am still a big girl but people men and women have been telling me I have nice legs.I had started to get those yucky fat deposits under the skin in my legs yes the dreaded "C" word. They are now much smoother.
I feel it was money well spent and feel this could be something that could help type 2 diabetics finally tone down their lower body. These shoes make NO claim that they work your stomach muscles but I could feel this in MY stomach muscles and have went down a size with NO dieting.If a person already has great legs I probably wouldnt bother but for someone out of shape like myself they have been great.Dont forget these also work the behind muscles.