Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-02-2007, 02:50 AM   #1  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Cool Runners - June

Hope no one minds that I started the June thread! I ran a mile tonight (technically, last night as it's after midnight). It was the first time I've ever run on a treadmill for more than a minute or so. Wow... my feet love me, and it was so interesting to have some variation of incline instead of Key West flat, flat roads. I ran on Random at level 2, and just went with a slow pace for my first time, but that was fun too, cuz I didn't have to consciously think about keeping the pace steady, just set it and forget it.. Loved it. Hope you all are having a great beginning to June!

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Just finished week one of the C25K! Can't wait to start Week 2 on Tuesday! I feel ready for it because today was the easiest so far. I did get tired but not until my very last run cycle....as opposed to clock watching after 15 seconds into the first run cycle like I did on Day 1!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #3  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Wtg!

Way to go Tricia! I wish I could have done C25K, but my feet just won't take the walking. If I walk just a bit, other than normal walking around the house, etc.. my heel spurs kill me. I've gotten up to running 5k at times, but was lazy last week and having to start small again this week.
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Yall!!!
I see yall were talking about to couch25k, OMg!!! I Love it, Im only on my 2nd workout, But it feels so good, and I really feel like I can do it. Before when I tryed to run, I would try to do it all at once, and get discouraged. I cant wait till tomm.!!! Good luck!!!
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Great Job you 3

Pretty nice run today, saw deer and a hawk almost took off my hat.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Yay for all the C25K folks!

I believe the gods have been conspiring against me lately and keeping me from running, but I did it today anyway...in lots and lots of rain!

Thursday (in TWO attempts) I had the growling dog and the toenail issue, along with the heat. Friday I couldn't run because I had to go to graduation straight after school. Yesterday I didn't have time to run because I went to the state track meet with my husband. He only had a few runners competing, but we stayed ALL day, and it was a 3-hour drive to get there. So I got to watch really fast kids run all day but I didn't get to run. The winner of the two-mile did it in 9:34. Craziness!

Today I was supposed to run six miles, according to my training plan, and I only did three because it was raining so much. I really need some better clothes for running in the rain!! I was so waterlogged! My third mile felt really strong, though, in spite of being soaked to the core.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #7  
Proud US Navy Wife

I just got back from W4D2, although I had to do extra walking due to a stitch (this is what I get for not working out all week! Bad Fae!) I also took my crazy puppy, Lucky. He's a Ridgeback, 5 months old, and really hyper. He likes to go out with me.. enjoys the running too much, he's harder to control, trying to either trip me or run in front of traffic. (Come to think of it, the extra effort of keeping a tight hold on him might have contributed to my stitch.. bah.) But I'm trying to teach him young.. since he's going to be a BIG dog and I know that running with me will help burn off some of his extra energy once he gets full grown.

ANYWAY, it was humid, it had just finished raining. Hot and humid. I got nice and sweaty. Feel great now. Time to rest for a bit, then start cleaning this apartment...
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm so glad to see all you new C25Kers posting here! And glad to read you're all progressing through the program with good results.

Me, I ran 8 miles today, and felt great. I am officially 1 week away from my half-marathon, and am alternating between feeling like I can't wait, and feeling nervous about it.
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Good luck Rachel! I have a half this weekend too, although I am just "running it", I am not tapering at all. I plotted the course on gmaps this week...whooooo hilly.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #10