Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Default *******?????

I know that some of you are or have been doing *******. I was know it is a form or low carb dieting, but how does it differ from Atkins and South Beach? I just read about it in Womens World Magazine and when I went to the website to find out more info, I had to pay to register ($60) and I didn't want to spend the money just to get a little more information.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Never heard of it, sorry
Old 06-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #3  
it's always something

Save your money

Here's what I could find on ******* - and this is based on Kimmy's posts elsewhere...

******* is based on the old Atkins induction, before they started allowing low carb candies and other processed foods.

20 grams carbs (total carbs, not net carbs)
2 cups salad and 1/2 cup cooked veggies, or 3 cups salad
70 to 90 grams protein (though some say she now suggests 60 grams)
Just enough fat to make it taste good.
no desserts

I also found comments by a few people that said they were only consuming 500 to 600 calories per day on this
Old 06-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Talking

Thanks for the info - it doesn't sound like to healthy of a diet comsuming that little calories. I know I gain weight if I go below 1200 calories a day

I always wondered how Womens World could get a new diet every week into their magazine!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:03 PM   #5  
Jabunney

S/C/G: 198.6/190.3/140

Height: 5'5

I was just reading that to and I was really wanting to try it... Although when I went to the website that has been extremly hard to get into today because I am sure since I bought the magazine to everyone is trying to figure it out... Seems like not to much info on that diet unless you pay... I wasn't willing to pay either since I have and am doing like Atkins. I can do leaner meats, and cut out cheese... Seem to do the same thing. Right???
Old 06-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #6  
beachbum

I saw the ******* diet some where on the net, Of course I didn't read it. All Fad Diets are not healthy and I wouldn't try them unless I spoke to my doctor first or/and he would monitor me on them. Other wise its a NO-NO

Hugs BB
Old 06-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #7  

thanks so much for the post by all those who have investigated this. I had just read the Women's World and was of course very tempted to pay the $59.95 as I have been very deperate. I too need to lose all most the same kind of weight as "Kimmie". I often look to this site for honest and sensible advise.
Thank you so much.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/270/140

Height: 5'8

The ******* diet is based on the theory of Ketosis. She has an induction period that puts your body into Ketosis. When in Ketosis you lose your appetite, thus the low calorie intake. It is somewhat like Dr. Stillman's induction minus the cheese and she allows a little oil for cooking. Then Phase 2 is ******* which is with the 2 cups of salad and .5 of veggies but only those on the list, or 3 cups of salad greens. She does not allow net carb counting and no processed Low Carb foods. She does not promote drinking water either.

I have I am doing the first week of her induction and lost 5 pounds and my calorie intake was low because I just could not eat. I also drink lots of water and exercise and take vitamins. I have great.

So I say what ever works for you. There is always a critic for every plan.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #9  

I too have been trying to do the *******. Keeping my carbs around 20, water and 30 minutes of exercise a day. In the two weeks I have been doing this I have lost a total of 7.8 pounds. Now so of those days weren't a true faithful to the tee *******, but I still lost. While on weight watchers I average 4 pounds a week until I plateued at 45 pounds lost. I agree that everything works differently for everyone and if this works for me great. I am not pushing to lose a lot of weight fast as the Women's World said it could but feel if I lost 4 pounds a week on weight watchers why not see what this will do for me. I also believe if you have a positive attitude and think that it will work for you it will. I am a newbie to low carb like ******* so am not saying I am quailified or an expert but do like the results I have seen so far.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #10  

I just found this thread as I just signed up today and I wanted to mention I have been doing ******* since June 29th along with my hubsand who only has a little to lose, while I have over 100 to lose. We have both lost great!! I am just starting my 2nd week and this morning I was down 9.6 pounds!
I also go to curves and have lost not quite 20 since Feb. working out there, with no diet change.
The plan is easy...I havent seen on the site where she does NOT encourage water intake? and To me it is healthier then Atkins since on Atkins you can eat all the fat you want. I try to watch my sodium intake also, and my calories have been more then 500 for sure. My lowest day was about 700 calories and my highest was 1,050. I am dropping a little better then a pound a day.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:10 PM   #11  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyM View Post
To me it is healthier then Atkins since on Atkins you can eat all the fat you want.
This is a common misconception of Atkins. People believe us "Atkineers" sit and eat lbs of bacon,butter & red meats all day long. Atkins, when done correctly, encourages eating in a healthful manner. It basically preaches moderation....meaning, eating until you feel satisfied but, not stuffed. Induction on Atkins is 20 carbs per day with 12-15 of those carbs coming from salad & veggies. How is this unhealthy

I've been on Atkins 3 years & 3 months now and I've lost 102 lbs. I eat my salad & my veggies everyday....do I eat fat? yes, I absolutely do, however I do not eat "all the fat I want" and I never have since beginning my Atkins lifestyle. Fat is not what makes you fat. Bad carbs are what make you fat....the white bread, the white rice, the pasta, the potatoes, the sugar. Once I learned that little secret & I eliminated those things....I am 102 lbs lighter!! Who would have thought!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #12  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Thank you Jerseygrl. I agree with you 100% I don't know why people have such a misconseption about atkins either. I actualy eat less fat when I'm on atkins than when I'm not.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #13  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

People have misconceptions because other people perpetuate them by not reading the books (or even the official Atkins website), then actually eating the way JerseyGyrl just described. It's all born of ignorance--usually willful ignorance--because a lot of people are still holding on to the pipe dream of "eat whatever you want and as much as you want of it, and you'll still lose weight". *sigh*

Excuse me; apparently I had an extra bowl of Rant Flakes this morning.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #14  

Jerseygyrl you look great!
Old 07-11-2007, 05:39 AM   #15  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchbackend View Post
Jerseygyrl you look great!
Awww...thank you 2muchbackend Atkins is an swesome way of life!!
Closed Thread