Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:50 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default The Worldly Chicks are celebrating a "Joy"ous June

Let's all jump for Joy in June Pun intended

Ok so here I am, supposed to be planning things and on "vacation" but yet I'm sitting here at 11:35 pm desperately trying to get a Crystal Report done for a job that I just walked away from. Ok, ok so I shoulda had it done days ago. And I woulda but people kept coming up and saying goodbye and talking to me.

Just peeked on 3FC and I see Carla is itching to leave Memphis. Geez and we didn't even get to Graceland yet

So I am pressed for time, don't have a clue what places to go that start with J (not to mention we have another J month right after this). So I thought we would celebrate all the places the 3FC'ers will be going this month, all based around one of our own.

So let's have a Joyous month - if you get my drift... and feel free to elaborate on your travels.

Some things we're planning for the upcoming week include -
  • A trip to the lovely Memphis (International??? how?) Airport. Actually it will be so much fun we will do it twice.
  • A trip to the Memphis zoo - truly a gorgeous place and mama panda is preggers
  • A tour of Graceland -
  • A walk down by the Mississipi river - we'll stand on the shores and sing ole man river... moon river... green river and all sorts of river songs, except DH will be singing "rivah" - actually he won't be singing at all just putting distance between him and us
  • A walk down Beale street to capture some of the festiviness of the open air blues clubs
  • A nice luncheon out on the patio, chatting and watching the birds. Hummingbirds are back in town.
  • Maybe some gardening if I can "tom sawyer" my buddies into helping
  • A trip to the Blanchard Springs Caverns with some touring of the Ozark Mountain areas. A chance to hear some old time folk music among other things.
  • Last but not least, laundry time with Shad. Let's all hang over the new wash machine and watch the clothes spin through the glass window.

Sounds like a full enough week for me. I am looking forward to hearing about some of the adventures you ladies have planned down the line for the rest of the month.

And Ceejay - of course we are looking forward to company. The hardest part about the trip is navigating the turn from I55 to 240. Sure do hope you can make it.

Ok, I have to get to sleep now. Busy day ahead of me.

Last edited by happy2bme; 06-01-2007 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:48 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

Bumping this thread up and over the May one...
Old 06-01-2007, 07:28 AM   #3  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

JUMPING JOYOUS JUNE BUG!!!! WE HAVE ARRIVED!!
CARLA WAS READY TO LEAVE ON A JET PLANE...LA LA LA
GLAD I GOT TO THE AIRPORT IN TIME!!
WE DEFINITELY WOULDN'T WANT TO MISS THIS JOYOUS OCCASION!

HAPPY~ THE ITINERARY ABOUT THE AIRPORT CRACKED ME UP! WHILE I AM SLEEPING YOU ARE MAKING JOKES! HOPE YOU GOT YOUR WORK DONE AS WELL!

CEEJAY~ GET THERE SAFELY!!! DON'T TAKE ANY DIRECTIONS FROM SHAD!! SHE BARELY KNOWS RIGHT FROM LEFT YET!!

I AM JUST TOO TIRED TODAY. TOO MANY SINUS MEDS AND THE RAINY WEATHER FINISHED ME OFF. SO I AM TAKING THE DAY OFF FROM LIFE IN GENERAL! I ALSO LEFT MESSAGES ON THE APPROPRIATE ANSWERING MACHINES LAST NIGHT GIVING THEM PLENTY OF TIME TO FIND A FILL-IN IF THEY NEED HELP TODAY. CAN'T AFFORD TO "CRASH AND BURN" BEFORE TUESDAY!! OR EVEN WORSE....JOYOUS THURSDAY!
I WONDER HOW MANY TIMES WE CAN USE THE WORD JOYOUS DURING THE MONTH OF JOYOUS JUNE
SEE...I MUST BE OVERTIRED....GETTING SILLY NOW.
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:55 AM   #4  

I am jumping for JOY too!! Maybe I will burn some calories!!!!!!

HUGS!!!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #5  
Smackin' into a Wall

Me too! Jumping! Jumping! :

Hmm, that one smilie's code is "trampo" - are they making an editorial comment?

Love the new thread. I've been for a bike ride, had a good shower, it's a beautiful warm day here in the Big Smoke, and I'm now at my desk. This bank is obviously not as stuffy as the last one (since they let me get to this site) - and I've already been assigned to 3 new projects. This is gonna be a fun contract. Back later to post.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #6  
Choose your hard

when we head to the airport tonight, could you say we are going on a "Joy Ride?"

Glad to see the chicks are all up and aerobic and stuff. Just what we needed to kick off a new month.

It's zero hour. I had to abandon the Crystal Report in favor of more pressing agenda items today.

Day one of 10 days of vacation

Feel better Mel. Keep the rain until next week. Then you can send it over here after we put Shad on a plane. Rest up so you can participate into the wee hours of the night on a gab fest. Just don't talk about me and I won't talk about you 'k?

Good to hear the new job is kicking off nicely Madcat. Good going on getting a bike ride in. I swear I am committing to conscious exercise after vacation. We have lots of walking planned during vacation so I'll consider that a warm up. Think there's any correlation between "trampo" and walking up and down the streets?

Nice to see Holly up jumping early too. Just be careful you don't get the kids whipped into a frenzy too. Jumpin is fun!

Short post, gotta go clean the guest room. Happy Friday chicks.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Joyful June! It's also the month the Clover blooms!

I'm and really looking forward to this month. Working my *** off (not!) trying to get my kitchen back in order so Donna can come next week and clean the rest of the house.

I guess I'll go back to yesterday's thread and check out Shad's itinerary. May as well close it while I'm there.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

This is a joyous morning. I'm looking forward to my visit in Memphis tomorrow. I haven't been to the Memphis zoo in a long time. It's been a long time since I've driven in Memphis. I can drive in Louisville, Ky (even got lost in Louisville)and Springfield, Mo so I should be able to drive in Memphis also. Hopefully the traffic will not be toooooooo bad.

Counting calories burned is what I'm doing this month. I've weighed in at 187.4 and will not weigh again until I've burned 3500 calories. My food plan will be the one I used when going to the Metablic Research Center and since I have osteoporsis I'll be doing weight bearing exercise, which means going to the gym.

More later.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:17 PM   #9  

Okay, then, I must say I enjoyed the news we wouldn't actually have to move anywhere too far.

Gave myself a good talking-to last night. I already knew I'd been using my bereaved neighbour as an excuse to be bad (mustn't let poor x drink/eat alone!). Then there was the chocolate fest after the visit to the wicked SM, and more chocs on Wed after the full impact of the truly terrible, incredibly short, unfeminine new haircut hit home... Do we sense a theme here? So instead of grasping at straw excuses to do all the wrong things, I vowed to go back on the old Fat Flush until the Joyous day, June 15. The true shock is that this morning I actually followed through. I am quite relieved that I managed to keep off the pounds I lost recently, and love to say goodbye to another 5 or 10 before swimsuit season!

Mel, get lots of rest! Although I think Shad may be up for a quietish visit with you, lots of yakking and relaxing. Except, of course, when she's out terrorizing the Big Apple into the wee hours... Theme song: "First, we take Manhattan. Then we take Berlin!" Or, in this case, Toronto. Good luck on the upcoming election.

Madcat, you sound positively euphoric about the new job. It sounds like you've landed into a much better environment this time. Do you bike to work? Or get up really, really early and get out before trotting off to the salt mines?

Happy, you found the perfect solution for this month's destination. My apologies if I seemed to be nagging - I know you're enormously busy, what with winding up the job and scrubbing behind every toilet Shad may potentially come in contact with... Those Kiwis are just so finicky! I would normally just give my place a lick and a promise and keep the lights dim while Shaddy's here, but it has to meet some basic level of non-grossness for the catsitter who'll be here for 2 weeks right after Joy and I head off. So I broke down and washed a couple of windows yesterday, many more to go.

Holly, what do you and Madcat have planned for the Thunder from Downunder? (Sorry, I'm feeling a little rhymey today.) Will you spend the whole day playing and touring and overindulging together, or will it just be an evening get-together? What a pisser about the sewer bill! That's an outrageous amount. that your DH gets the new job and it pays enough to ease the sting a little. I wish you had been up here to cut my hair - I'd rather have given the $$$ to you - and you would have left me with more than sad stubble...

Ceejay, I have a feeling you'll have to change your name to Mud if you don't show up as planned chez Happy... If you download directions from Mapquest, that may help - they're usually extremely detailed. I used them to get around San Francisco a couple of years ago, and plan to download lots of info for the Pacific Coast drive with Shad. Of course, when you're driving alone, there's always the conundrum of how to read the directions and drive at the same time - without killing anybody. So be careful out there!

Off to do laundry, maybe wash another window, maybe even dust a wall. I love the dark chocolate I picked for the bedroom walls. But so does the dust, and it really shows.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #10  
Choose your hard

You chicks are soooo witty
Old 06-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #11  
Happy September

SENDING GOOD VIBES TO CEEJAY AND HER QUEST FOR A JOYOUS VISIT TO THE ZOO!! ARE YOU GOING TO SEE THE AUSTRALIAN KOALAS??????

HAPPY~ HAVE A GREAT 10 DAYS!!!! DON'T GO TOO NUTS OR WE WILL BE SHOCKING THE 3FC COMMUNITY WITH OUR WEIGHT GAINS!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW YOU WILL LIKE THE NEW JOB ALSO. GOOD LUCK!

CARLA~ I USE ANY EXCUSE I CAN FIND TO EAT/DRINK BAD! WHAT DAY IS IT? FRIDAY? OH GOODY.....LET ME GO GET AN ECLAIR TO CELEBRATE!!!!!!

MADCAT~ HOPE YOU ARE STILL THIS HAPPY WITH THE NEW JOB 2 WEEKS FROM NOW!! ALL KIDDING ASIDE...GOOD LUCK!

MOST OF THE DAY WAS RESTFUL. WENT FOR A RIDE AND ALSO FOOD SHOPPING. JUST FELT LIKE GETTING OUT AT THE LAST MINUTE WHEN WILLY SHOWED UP. NOW MY RIGHT EYE IS ACTING UP IT SEEMS THAT NOT ALL MY BODY PARTS WANT TO FUNCTION PROPERLY ALL AT THE SAME TIME!
SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #12  

humming Ode to Joy........................
Old 06-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #13  

Good one, Holly!

Madcat, I forgot to give you the bad news that cats really, really enjoy scratching up microfibre suede upholstery. Now, you may be lucky - mine don't manhandle my bucket chair, but then it doesn't have upholstered legs or sides. But they've made an awful mess of my 3-year old overpriced couch. On the plus side, the fabric is super-easy to clean with just a damp cloth, and cat hair comes off the same way.

Shad must be in the air by now, or at least at the airport. And Happy is frantically putting the final touches to the guest room and guest bathroom and re-arranging the sofa cushions and polishing up the kitchen faucet and... Stop!! Time to put away the cleanser, chill the wine (maybe even sip a quiet glass if the DH will be doing the airport driving), and have a little nap. Ommmmm...

G'night all.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Carla--Happy has emailed specific directions to her house. I should do okay. It's just been eons ago since I've driven in Memphis. Used to know my way to the air port with no problem at all.

Mel--Not going to the Zoo this time. Maybe at a later date. I'd forgotten about the Panda's and they are one of my favorite animals. Stay inside as much as possible. I've had to take my allergy meds yesterday including the histamine last night. There was a lot of drainage in my throat.

I've started June in the exercise mode. I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes. My goal is to walk a mile in 20 minutes. It was done in 22 minutes today at a speed of 3.0 mph. That's almost running for me. I burned 130 calories. Tomorrow will be a simple bike ride in the morning. Believe it or not I was beginning to break a sweat. My body temperature stays around 96.7 so this is telling me I need to do this a little longer. May go for thirty minutes on Monday.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:11 AM   #15  
Happy September

CEEJAY~ GREAT EXERCISE AND WHAT A NICE WAY TO BEGIN THE NEW MONTH OF JUNE!! JUMPING FOR JOY FOR YOU!!! I AM OVERJOYED THAT HAPPY GAVE YOU GOOD INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO GET TO HER HOUSE! HAVE A JOYOUS OCCASION!
GOOD LUCK WITH THE 30 MINUTES PLANNED FOR MONDAY

CARLA~ ON THE OTHER HAND, I WAS NOT OVERJOYED TO HEAR ABOUT THE CATS ALL LOVING THE MICROFIBER! BET MADCAT WASN'T EITHER!!
PUT DOWN THE WINEGLASS AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT!!

HOT, HAZY, HUMID AND THUNDERSTORMS GOING TO HIT 90 TODAY. NORMAL TEMPS WOULD HAVE BEEN ONLY IN THE 70'S. WHAT'S UP WITH GLOBAL WARMING????? OR LA NINA OR EL NINO....TAKE YOUR PICK. ALL I KNOW IS THAT I WILL NOT BE GOING OUT THIS WEEKEND. JUST CALL ME A/C MELLIE!
I HAVE SOME SMALL JOBS AND THE BILLS TO KEEP ME BUSY. HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!
HAPPY SATURDAY
Closed Thread