Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default 1 lb Down and Plenty More to Go - June '07

to ~ One LB. Down and Plenty More To GO!

Old friends and New friends,

This thread is open to any and all ladies who have more than a "few" pounds to lose. We all know that if it's more than a "few" that it's gonna take sometime to get rid of it. And when you're in a certain place in your life for a while it's great to have some friends around that know exactly how you feel and know exactly what you're going through. Having support via family and friends is great and certainly a welcomed thought, but sometimes they just don't get it. We'll help encourage you through the down times, discourage you when the dieting alter ego wants to take over and then encourage you some more! Just jump in and make yourself at home. Let's try to live, love and laugh our "weigh" through this!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .
Old 06-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

Where are you . . . . . . I miss you.

Hope everybody is having a great Sunday. The "sun" is actually shining here in Atlantic Canada this morning and that always makes my mood a little more too.

My best news for the day is that I picked up my new glasses yesterday and I can actually "SEE" . . . Yippee . . . I can read and watch TV at the same time, again (as silly as that sounds, it's something I do all the time). Actually bought myself a new book to celebrate . . . The Eat Clean Diet, by Tosca Reno, a Canadian who writes a regular column for Oxygen Magazine. Some interesting stuff. Not really a "diet" just information about 'clean/healthy' eating habits.

Hope everybody is having a great moving and shaking weekend . . . also hope to see you all again soon . . .
Old 06-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #4  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Linda and gang!

Linda, We're having beautiful sunny weather today too. So you are finally getting to reap the last of the benefits from your eye surgery, now that you have new glasses. That's great that you have a good improvement. Linda, Aren't you following Volumetrics? I have ordered a copy of that book from my library. I've heard a lot of good things about it lately. I may lurk around some on the Volumetrics thread for the next few weeks.

We went to a beauty pageant last night (friend of my daughter's) and it was torturous. That has been the highlight of my weekend, the relief when it was over that it..... I'm not a "beauty pageant type mom" anyway, but the entertainment was just about more than I could bear. Today, we're skipping church and going to a water park. We bought season tickets this year. I'm really extremely nervous about being in a swimsuit for the day. I bought a new swimsuit a few weeks ago and it is as flattering as it can be, but my legs are in such awful condition. Loose skin, jiggly, blindingly white.... I've got to be brave and do it though. That was one of my promises to myself, that I would enjoy swimming with my kids this summer, so here goes. I've looked a few places for a sarong to wear when I get out of the pool. I haven't found one yet, but I'm running by Belk (kind of like a Macy's) before we go, surely I'll find one there. I think I would feel much better with something like that.

Still no movement on the scales and I have lowered my calories the last few days to 1300 - 1400. I am definitely back to ticker, so I'm hoping something is about to happen there.

Have a great day everyone. Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

Hi Tammy . . .

I just like to collect books . . . BTW, I think of Volumetrics more as a principle than an actual plan . . . it honestly fits with just about anything and any way of eating . . . because of my Diabetes I tend to track all nutrients while eating as well (healthy) as possible. "Eating Clean" fits into the same pattern, too. I know you'll understand what I mean about Volumetrics after you have a chance to read it . . . great way to quickly determine which foods will give you the best bang (volume) for the least buck (calories).

BTW . . . do you sew? . . . you could whip up a nice sarong-like wrap thingee for over the bathing suit pretty quickly. Other than that . . . hey . . . just be proud of what you've accomplished.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #6  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around in a while. Lots of stuff going on to say the least! I am trying to stick to plan and exercise more but my schedule is making it pretty hard to exercise, right now sleep is more important than getting up to exercise! Nothing really new to report but just wanted to say hi!

Weight is the same right now, which is a whole lot better than going up!
Old 06-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #7  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Afterrnoon Ladies!!!

Things have been going. That's all I can say right now. I'm really just waiting for my cruise to come. For those that don't remember I leave on June 7 (this Thursday!!!) and we will return on on June 11. Can't wait to go!! I have never been out of the country before.

I hope all is well with you ladies!!!

Have a Great Week!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #8  
Onward and Downward

Hi girls . . . . . . glad to see you are still with us . . . have a great evening . . .
Old 06-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

Hi girls, Good to see you both Erin and Jana. Jana, if I don't have another chance to tell you, I hope you have a great time om your cruise.

I had a great time at the water park, even without a sarong. I do sew some, Linda. It would be easy to sew a sarong, after all it's just four straight hems. I'll have to look for fabric. I did see some in the gift shop at the waterpark, but by that point, I was already comfortable enough without one and they were $24.00, which seemed kind of high since I didn't love any of the fabrics. On another note about the waterpark, I wasn't the fattest person there. Although I may have been the "whitest" with my lack of any tan.

Have a great week, it may be the weekend before I have a chance to check in again, if this week is as busy as last week.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #10  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Boy did I eveeeer sleep in again this morning -- didn't see the light of day until 9 am. Anyway . . . the menagerie is fed (including me) and now I've jsut got a little time for a few quick HELLO posts around 3FC before I have to jump in the shower and get ready for my opthamologist appointment.

Hey TAMMY . . . . . . Glad you had a great day. Don't forget that too much sun is not good for you. In my recent travels through the pattern books I've seen a few really nice little cover-ups. Think that is definitely the way you should go. Have fun.

Anyway everybody . . . have a great day moving and shaking . . . see you soon . . .
Old 06-05-2007, 09:03 AM   #11  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, Chickies . . .

Couldn't resist sharing this little entry I found in my e:mail this morning . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/photog...shame.aspx?p=1

Some of the alternative recipes they've provided sound pretty good. Enjoy.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you soon . . .
Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .
Old 06-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #13  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning again . . . pretty soon, I'll just have to stop talking to myself like this . . .
Old 06-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Speaking of swimming suits, the Avenue has great swimming suits that have skirts and come in very flattering shapes. They're a little pricy, but I would highly recommend them. I swim laps in my condo swimming pool, where there are all these size 2 ladies that lay near the pool sunbathing(all my neighbors are very nice, by the way), and I don't really feel like showing off my size 18 body in all its glory, but with the swimdress, I still feel good about the way I look.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #15  
~~Maintainer!~~

Hi Ladies,

Linda, WOW! The calorie counts of some of those snacks were amazing. And to think that I used to be able to eat 1/2 dozen krispie kremes, WITHOUT thinking a thing about it. Still love 'em, but I've only had one doughnut in the last 21 months. Oh, I've never been one to get much sun. I've always used lots on sunscreen. Finally, in my 40s it's paying off. I may have never had a nice tan, but my skin is in great shape for my age. I got the Volumetrics Eating Plan book from the Library and have been flipping through it, but haven't actually sat down to read it from cover to cover. Most of what I've read sounds like things I already do - Lots of vegetables to make things more filling, founds with more water content, etc. I saw several recipes that sounded really good. Maybe I'll have more time to actually read it this weekend.

Hi Anna, I went to their website and they do have some cute swimsuits. In fact, the one I bought is a Tankini, similar to one of theirs. I would have loved that store when I was still wearing plus sizes, but we don't have any of them here in Mississippi.

Take care everyone!
Closed Thread