View Poll Results: What are your plans for this summer?
Relax! 1 11.11%
Get my house clean and keep it that way! 0 0%
No plans, no worries--summer is for doing whatever I want when I want! 1 11.11%
Working like normal. 6 66.67%
Travel 0 0%
Other (please elaborate) 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:04 PM   #1  

Arrow Home of the Loozing Floozies, #21

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!

Old 05-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #2  
Losing it!

I would LOVE to do the first 5 things listed on the poll Cheryl, but I KNOW number 1 is out of question... number 2 & 3 are my fantasy... number 4 is reality... number 5 was on tap until number 6 happened... we will be postponing the vacation to budget for a wedding... so I am basically doing work as usual and other, saving money and planning a wedding. SUCKS to be parents of the bride! LOL!

I am worried about Dee. Has anyone heard from her? It has been almost a month since she has posted here. I know Jay was getting married, but it is unlike her to not check in. I sent her an email, but I didn't receive a response. I know she was having some back pain, I'm worried something happened.

I am right back to square #1 with dieting. Due to lack of motivation, excuses and our hectic life I have gained all my weight back and I have no one to blame but myself. I am at 180 on the scale, I can't believe it. So, back to getting on track once again.

Wishing everyone a safe holiday weekend.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #3  

Gayle, I have also been wondering about Dee. Maybe she's laying on a beach somewhere sipping mai tai's or margaritas? I hope that's all it is.

Allison hasn't been around lately, either! Hope she hasn't forgotten us.

Vouge needs to come out of hiding, too!

Hello......hello......hello......

Old 05-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #4  

Gayle-I have been worried about Dee also. I am going to send her a message too.

Lisa-Thank you for the blurb. It is very interesting.

Sherry-Have a great time with Debbie and give her my love! I miss her!
Old 05-26-2007, 11:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post

Allison hasn't been around lately, either! Hope she hasn't forgotten us.

:
One word: lurking!!!

It's been incredibly busy around here. Tonight is the HUGE bash. I'm off in a few minutes to go and decorate, then I have to come home and get gussied up for it. Then the big show at 5 PM. I'm the emcee as well as on the committee that is putting the whole thing on. It's our annual charity thing: silent auction fund raiser, presentation of our graduating seniors, awards show and fashion show. All that and dealing with the buyout at work (DH and I are buying the company from our partners as they are retiring). The financial stuff associated with that is mind boggling! Thankfully our CPA and lawyer are really helpful! Oh, and did I tell you all about the recent break-in? Tweekers stole $11,000 worth of custom painted extruded aluminum (for a sliding door for one of our customers) and sold it for scrap--probably got $200 for it. I called every recycling place to see if they had it, and NO. So, dealing with the police, insurance companies, getting everything re-ordered STAT has been hectic. Oh, yeah, we put razor wire up around the "yard" at work. I hope that deters the robbers (3rd time this year ya know).
Old 05-27-2007, 11:26 PM   #6  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

I've been off-program for a few days. I don't really feel guilty because
I've come a long way and some high calorie days are not the end of
the world. I haven't quit exercising, and I haven't quit eating vegetables.
But I can't keep eating freely without regaining what I lost, I have to
go back to logging my food. Basically I have to quit feeling complacent
and get serious. But I don't feel like it.

I think low-carb is really good for reducing cravings, but maybe my last
few weeks were a bit too low on calories overall. So I'm thinking of eating
more fat while I do the withdrawal from carbs again, and then when that
battle is done, I'll lower my fat and calories to a weight-loss level.

But the complacency is a problem. I can now fit into some nice-looking
jeans and when I try to yell at myself, it falls on deaf ears. I'll let you
know how it goes.

Lisa
Old 05-28-2007, 03:31 AM   #7  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I guess I've been preoccupied with other things the past few weeks and just haven't had the time to post like I normally do.

My dad is not well, so I have been spending weekends at my parent's house helping my mom take care of him and doing things that need to be done around their house. My dad had several doctor's appointments and more testing done last week and we got some results back on Friday. The test results showed that his heart has weakened significantly since he was in the hospital a couple months ago and the doctor feels that this is the reason for the difficulty he is having with his breathing. I don't really understand all the technical terms, but how the cardiologist explained it was that because his heart isn't pumping the proper amount of blood it is affecting all of his major organs and causing them to retain fluid which is affecting his breathing. Basically what it comes down to is everything is starting to shut down. It was suggested that we consider starting hospice care, so we are thinking about that, but want to talk to his family doctor first and get his opinion. We know that he will be honest with us and let us know exactly what to expect. We (mom, dad, my sister and I) have an appointment on Thursday to talk to the doctor. I have a feeling that I already know what the answers are going to be, but will be good for us all to go.
I talked to Travis tonight...I was in hopes that he might be able to make a trip home sometime in the near future so he could see his grandpa while he is still fairly good, but he's just started a new job in a new company (PMO MP, which means he's a base police officer. He does regular police work and won't have to go back to Iraq for at least a year...he absolutely loves it!), so it's just not possible for him to come home right now.
During the week Tim and I have been trying to keep up with things at the shop, plus we are still doing Aunt Hazel's yard work and other odds and ends that she needs done. On top of all that, we have our own regular housework and yardwork that needs to be done.
Our DIL is doing great and so is the new grandbaby, so she will be returning to work in a few weeks. Then I will be back on babysitting duty, so I'm trying to get as much done as I can now while I have some "free time".

Needless to say...being the stress eater that I am...diet has not been in my vocabulary much the past few weeks. I need to get a handle on things and do more than just think about losing weight again! So come on y'all, put down the icecream and let's get back to work! I will do my very best to check in more often and get my diet back on track...
Old 05-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #8  

Suzy-My prayers to you. Don't worry right now about your diet. Just be there for your family.

Lisa-I am trying to start Core again. I did okay yesterday, but today is a bbq at the in-law's house (ugh!)

Allison-I hope your function went well.

Everyone have a great Memorial Day.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:04 AM   #9  
Losing it!

Hope everyone had a safe weekend!

A birdie flew by and told be one of our very own chickadees will be having a birthday on Thursday....hmmmm.....wonder who it is...
Could it be our Florida chickie?????? :-)
Old 05-30-2007, 05:25 AM   #10  

Ladies-Checkout this webside www.all-day-cosmetics.com. This lipstick is fantastic! I just bought some and it really lasted. The lady came and demonstrated the makeup at our end of year staff luncheon. I don't know anything about the rest of the makeup, but I just ordered more lipstick.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #11  

Hello

We had a great weekend. Yesterday I just upacked and washed all day.I walked so much over the camping trip, my legs are killing me today...which is ok!! I also lost another lb.!! Total of 29.2 so far!!!!! I really watched what I was eating while everyone else was "pigging out!" But this time was different from the past.I didn't want any of it!! YEAH ME!

On the way to the cabin (2 1/2 hr.drive) the nurse called me on my cell phone.She said my results on my CT scan came back. She said there was a spot on my kidney that the doctor said he wasn't happy with. I'll have the scope and biopsy done next week.

About Debbie: This 5 day trip (4 days for me) was much needed for her.She relaxed and even took several naps. I haven't told anyone but since some of you have asked about her, Debbie has been in the hospital.She got out 2 weeks ago.She was in there for 6 days. After many misdignosis, she found out that she had a viral infection that attacted her heart. There was so much fluid in her chest (around heart) that she thought she was about dead from chest pains. They ran IV's in her for 6 days to flush the fluids out.She's doing much,much better and goes back to the doctor this afternoon.Hopefully he'll release her so she can finally get her surgery date for her lapband.She didn't work the last 2 weeks of the school year.

Suzy,
I will say a prayer for your Dad. I KNOW what you're going through.I have been helping with my in-laws since Feb. They seem to just get worse.Time will tell. Don't worry about your diet right now.Take care of your Mom & Dad. We're all here for you sweetie .Take care...

Shelley,
What lipstick did you order? There were so many different ones and different kinds. How are you? Aren't you glad that school is out?????? I'm going to be LAZY all summer!! LOL

Lisa,
CONGRATS on fitting into the new jeans!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! Makes you feel great doesn't it??!!!

Gayle,
How's the shop going? Do you still enjoy it? Will you be able to still help hubby out in the summer like you've done in the past?

Allison,
How did the bash go? Tell us all about it!!

Doni,Carol & Dee......WHERE ARE YOU?????????? Come out where ever you are!!!!!!!!! I'm getting worried!!!!!

Hello to everyone else...I've got to get busy cleaning my basement and get some yard sale things together.I'm taking my stuff to Debbie's Daughters and we're having the yard sale on Saturday.

Later..... HUGS!!
Old 05-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Sherry, thanks for asking about the big bash Saturday.....here's how it went:

DH and I loaded up the Expedition, stopped for more stuff at our storage facility and then arrived at the convention center at 10 AM. We unloaded and spent the next three hours decorating the room we had rented. There were about 20 of us doing the decorations. DD left at noon to have a manicure and pedicure and then reported to her hair and makeup appointment (see my profile for a photo of DS and DD that night).

At 1 PM, DH and I went home for some lunch and I had just enough time to eat, do my makeup and get dressed as I had to be back at the convention center by 3:30 to help unload all the baskets for the silent auction.

Guests started arriving at 4 PM because many of the senior families were meeting with the photographer for family portraits. We had the perfect venue--there was a rock waterfall outside the foyer where we were set up for the cocktail hour and silent auction viewing and bidding. Thankfully the bartender arrived early, too! Several people were miffed that we wouldn't let anyone into the "room" before 5:45 and they thought making people hang out at the silent auction and bar area would be too hard on the older folk. We didn't restrict anyone from going into the "room" but if they did, they were entertained by the audio/visual guys doing the last minute sound checks and the girls practicing on the runway for the fashion show! Anyway, it turns out that no one really wanted to leave the foyer and the cocktail hour!!!

At 5:45, I announced that the show was going to start at 6PM and then realized my announcement didn't get broadcast to the foyer, so I had to run out there and tell people to come in and get seated. We started basically on time at 6 PM. The seniors did very well during the presentation ceremony. They all looked good. The only thing that wasn't great was that the stage was a little bit small and they didn't all fit on it well. I wanted them to all line up on the runway for photos, but the senior moms (for some reason) didn't like that idea.....instead the senior moms kept asking to have the podium moved. That didn't work well, but it's done with. I still think having them on the runway would have been better.

After the presentation, we had dinner and after the dinner we awarded the service awards to the girls. All in all, our group donated over 5100 hours of community service to our area and the girls who did the most got special awards. After the awards, the girls had the fashion show. I wish I had gotten some pictures because DD was so cute! But my table wasn't in a good spot and I had too much to do running the whole thing to be able to go elsewhere for a good photo vantage position. After the fashion show, I announced the winners of the silent auction. Oh, wow! I won 5 of the 30+ baskets! $455 later I was the proud owner of a "martini basket", an "Italian basket", a "SAT 1-on-1 tutoring basket" (for DD), and two others that I don't remember. Well, it's all for charity!!! DD actually put my name on the martini basket. She seems to think she'd like to try one. I don't think she'll like them!! HaHa--can't wait to make one for her to try!

The whole evening closed at about 9 PM which was a little earlier than expected, but it went well. No huge complaints--mostly a lot of thanks from the senior moms. Everyone pitched in and helped clean up the decorations and we loaded them up in the Expedition and I was out of there by 10:15 PM. Once home, I couldn't get to sleep, though (must have been the coffee with dessert!).
Old 05-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #13  

Allison,
It all sounded like it went off without a hitch! Wow, You sured did a lot of work and I'm sure it was very appricated. It sounded like it was a wonderful night & a fun time. You sure can write a perfect letter!! That was wonderful details!
Your DD & DS are so cute!! What a great picture! How old are they?
Thanks for sharing your busy day & night. I enjoyed it.
Sher
Old 05-31-2007, 06:17 AM   #14  

Sherry-Please give my love to Debbie. I hope she is okay. I had no idea she is going to have lapband surgery. That's very exciting! Wow on your weight loss!! You are doing amazing! BTW, I ordered the regular lip sense ($20.00), in red cherry, plus the glossy gloss ($16.00.) You have to use the gloss to make it nice and smooth feeling. I absolutely love it! I just ordered blu-red and fuschia also. It stayed on yesterday after my lunch! I just had to use a bit of the gloss to make it smooth feeling. I can't use regular lipstick anymore since I started with the long lasting type because I don't like the taste or feel of regular lipstick. Gosh, I sound like a commercial!!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:28 AM   #15  
Losing it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLEY! I hope you have a FANTASTIC, SUPER, DUPER day! YOU DESERVE IT!
Closed Thread