Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-29-2007, 05:55 AM   #1  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Question Exercise Advice Needed

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice about my exercise routine, well, maybe habits is more appropriate. I do not have a rigid workout schedule. Sometimes, work interferes and I don't make it to the gym. At other times, my work day is spent traipsing all over the warehouse, and I feel as though I've already worked out enough.

I'm starting my second week of SBD. I lost 9lbs this past week. Also, I'm taking Lean System 7 which may or may not have had something to do with my weight loss.
Tue - yoga (60mins)
Wed - belly dance class (90mins)
Sat - salsa aerobics (30mins) plus, resistance training (45-60mins)
Sun - elliptical machine (20mins) plus, resistance training (45-60mins)

I know that I'm exercising and that's a good thing in and of itself, but could I be getting better results if I were more structured in my resistance training? I've read other posts, and notice that some people do biceps and chest / back one day, abs and triceps one day and legs another day.
Both days that I do resistance training, I use the same equipment - -
1. assisted chin-ups / dips - chin ups: palms in one day, palms out the next time
2. seated leg press - one day angled for quad work and one day for hip work
3. seated triceps
4. pectoral fly and rear deltoid or dorsi flexor and vertical chest press
5. hip abduction
6. hip adduction
7. ab bench

I'd appreciate any input, including 'exercise, in and of itself is enough. Stop worrying about it.'

Thanks, Sonja
One Fluffy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:27 AM   #2  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Personally, I'd wait till you get into a routine first before looking at splitting things up. I've been doing this for close to three months and I'm still quite happy doing weights every second day. (then again I am currently battling a shoulder injury so that's part of it. My arms are piss weak!)

Just a question with resistance training, do you mean weights? I thought weights were supposed to have a rest day in between.
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:35 AM   #3  
Becoming Less Fluffy

Smile

Hi Renny...
thanks for the response. When I say resistance training , I mean using weights for strength training, as opposed to my yoga, salsa and belly dance classes where there are no weights used.
I enjoy my workouts and most often, I do not do them two nights in a row. I think I do a workout or class every other day on average. I just try to go the gym at least twice a week (excluding the yoga and salsa classes). If I can make 3 times a week, I think I'm doing great.
I also have weak arms, but my back and legs are pretty strong. I try to do an all-over body workout, so that I tone evenly.

Side note: I've come across your posts before, and I always look for your height to see why you're trying to get down to 70lbs. I'm such a dork that every darn time, it takes me a minute to notice that your weight is in kilos.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Here is a really informative thread about exercise and workouts that may help you
Questions, Questions: Designing a training program in the Ladies Who Lift weight training section of the forum...

I hope it helps...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #5  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Quote:
Side note: I've come across your posts before, and I always look for your height to see why you're trying to get down to 70lbs. I'm such a dork that every darn time, it takes me a minute to notice that your weight is in kilos.
I'd have to be under five foot for 70 pounds! I would put pounds, but I like doing my 'little' goals too and otherwise its too big.
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:09 AM   #6  
Becoming Less Fluffy

Ilene:
thank you very much for the link! I thought to put my post on that forum instead of this one. Wonder why I changed my mind? Anyway, thanks again. That was very helpful.

Renny:
Not just under 5', I think under 4'6". You'd have to be a 12-yr-old.