Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 06:20 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias -- #146

I just realized that I rolled over onto the 2nd page!

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
The sun is out and it has "warmed" up to 33 degrees. The wind is still blowing so it feels like 24 degrees. Thought you would enjoy that piece of information!

Sharon -- We are arguing with the IRS over $70 some dollars that they want to charge us in interest. We had gotten a previous letter several months before saying that we were paid in full for the year! Of course you never get to talk to a real live person after jumping through their "push 1 for Enlgish", "push 1 for personal returns", etc., etc. So we made a copy of the first letter, attached it to the second and sent it back. Haven't heard any more from them but I'm sure they will tack it on somewhere else this year. Makes me so !!!!!!!!!! I haven't eaten artichokes either, not that I know of anyhow. Bill will be much happier staying OP with you!

Maggie -- OK, I'll second Gail's question. How do you pronounce jicama and what is it? Maybe I will ask for it at the local store. That should give them something to think about! Good luck at WI although I doubt that you need it. You have been one OP FOCUSED gal!

Gail -- Our new minister won't arrive until sometime in June; that's when our church moves the ministers around. I am hoping that she won't be gun ho on the contemporary changes that are taking place. She is pretty young to come into a church of our size. We have 3 services now: a casual traditional service on Sat. night, an early (8:30) traditional service on Sunday which includes the special music of the choir, bells, adult singers like DH, etc., and a contemporary 11:00 service. I call that one the "dog and pony" show because they have the band; people drift in and out, and talk during the service. That service has attracted mostly the younger people with young children who seem to like the chaos.

Has anyone heard from Lorraine? I sent her an email but haven't heard back from her.

We are going out to eat with some friends tonight. Not the best plan for the night before WW but the guy is a nurse and works a rotating schedule.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jean -- checking in from Iowa!
Old 03-04-2002, 10:53 PM   #2  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Howdy folks ~ weigh in report is that I lost 0.6 this time. I will gladly accept anything that keeps my graph going the same direction.

Jicama is pronounced hick-a-ma. It is called a Mexican potato to some. It is sweeter than a potato and I love it pealed and eaten as a raw vegetable.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone....
Old 03-05-2002, 04:12 PM   #3  
I will do it this time

Hi everyone!

My day is going okay. Kind of sad for my daughter. My daughter has worked at this place and seen it develop for 6 years. It was a one girl office and is now three girls. Well, the other two are They are being as nasty as possible to Chris. She came to the house at noon crying. It is sad. There is a lot to the story. Know this though, not just a mother talking, she does not deserve this garbage. She is going to start looking into doing medical transcription again. She stopped because her boss wanted her to work for him and put in more hours. He is not now backing her up, but part of the problem is that there is too much family in the company and he really can't back her up. Dense male that he is, he doesn't think she will quit. I think there is going to be a big surprise for him soon. I know she can make it with her transcription work.

Other than that, I have been on program. (Too upset for her to really eat much anyway). The weather is beautiful and the guys are working on the new front lawn. It will be so nice when it is done.

Take care!
Old 03-05-2002, 05:28 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It is 50 degrees and the snow is melting FAST! I have WI in a few minutes and have no idea what to expect since this week has been a "so-so" week.

Maggie -- again, CONGRATULATIONS on the loss! Any loss is a GREAT loss as far as I am concerned. Thanks for the jicama information -- I'll just bet I might be able to find it if I were to go to the Mexican food store here in town. I love raw potatoes! I like the idea of the heart markers!

Sharon -- I can feel for your daughter and you as the mom! My daughter went through the same thing before Christmas; she was put in a temporary position over some others that had been with Gateway longer. After the first of the year, they made the position a permanent one and made everyone go through the interview process. Well, she got the job and some coworkers were in a real snit until the manager told them if they didn't like it, there were plenty of people who would gladly take their jobs. Beth didn't have any more trouble after that and most have come around to at least being civil to her. We had some over the phone though. Tell her good luck with her job search!

Time for me to leave! Have a wonderful Wednesday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-05-2002, 08:15 PM   #5  
I will do it this time

Jean, part of the frustration is that she was there first. Like I said the bosses hands are tied. He can't fire family to protect Chris, whether he wants to or not. She just doesn't deserve it. She has worked very hard for him. Gone out at night to answer alarm calls. Been there for him when his mom was near death. Stuff like that and he can't or won't back her up. Chris' husband Dave works there also. He is doing okay. His skin is thicker and he can ignore the idiots he deals with.
Old 03-06-2002, 12:45 AM   #6  
Thin Within

Smile Day #57

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

We just finished watching Traffic which is a good movie. I joined a DVD rental clup over the net and it is surpurb. No shipping charges and no late fees and you can keep them as long as you like....for a monthly fee....and you can rent as many as you want during that time. They are quick to get them out to you also. Anyway since we don't have TV reception here watching DVD's once in awhile is as good as going to the movie. This was an 18 point day and YIPEKIO it wasn't a hungry day so it wasn't that bad as some of these 18 point days have been to get through.

JEAN burrrrrrr you need to get into Spring mode. You may be able to find jicama in your regular market in the produce section. It has been in markets for a long time now and it was even in the ones in TN. If you want I will send you that salad recipe I have that I like so much that has it in it.

SHARON that is too bad for your daughter. Those kind of situations can sure tear at a perosn and I sure hope she does find a place to work that she is better treated. How is your program going this evening?

Have a good nights sleep everone.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:36 AM   #7  
Web Nana

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS It is Wednesday and as I expected the news was not what I wanted to see. I maintained! New resolve that next week will be better. I am disappointed but not down and out.

MAGGIE You go girl! Another loss and from how you sound, the low days are not as difficult. That is really something. I havn't seen 'Traffic' but it is on the list of those movies I want to see.

JEAN What a crazy winter we have had in all parts of the country. We are cold one day and warm the next. I am listening to the weather as I type and they are saying "Snow flurries this AM but bright sunshine later".

SHARON Sorry to hear of your daughter's problems at work. It is a difficult time for her (and you) but sometimes these things have a way of working out even better than you think. There may be an even better job for her in her future.

Gloria in MA....off to start an OP day.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:55 AM   #8  
I will do it this time

Good Morning!

Thanks for the sympathy. I just feel so bad for her and it hurts me so much to see her and not be able to do anything. I would love to get my hands on those people. I am still on program. This did not throw me off. It was tougher last night though.

Gloria, congratulations on the maintain. That is better anyday then going up.

Hi Maggie, sounds like a good deal with the DVD's.
Old 03-06-2002, 05:37 PM   #9  

Good "BRRRY" Afternoon, Flowers!
It is that damp cold with the wind blowing, cloudy and gloomy out today. I am ready for spring to be here!

Maggie -- I haven't been to the store yet but would like to have your recipe please. I am going to turn up the heat and snuggle under a blanket tonight -- I should be going to a meeting but the program didn't interest me, I'm tired, crabby, and I have a headache. I lost another 1# last week -- slow but sure, I guess.

Sharon -- It's hard to work in a family business . . . DH has been that route. I hope that your daughter is able to find a job that is "bigger and better"; I know that changing jobs can be stressful.

Gloria -- A maintain is a "keeper" any day and so much better than a gain. You will probably make up for it next week.

Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-06-2002, 06:55 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Smile Day #58

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I am so happy ~ it is raining now. Supposed to keep it up till Firday. Sure hope it does. I am doing fine this day on program.

GLORIA CONGRATULATIONS on that maintain. I know how disappointing that can be when you have tried so hard during the week but if you keep your FOCUS it will come off next week along with some friends.

JEAN CONGRATULATIONS on that 1 POUND lost. That is the magic number that we all strive for. The recipe will be in your mailbox.

SHARON you are such a big help to your daughter during this time just being there for her. Just remember, no door closes but that anohter opens and usually in a job situation it is a much better one. It is hard for her to see that right now though so support is what she needs and you are giving it to her.

Everyone have a good OP evening.
Old 03-07-2002, 09:16 AM   #11  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Just checking in...to let y'all know that I'm alive and well...but am extremely stressed out and tired. I will be back to catch up.

Congrats to those that have lost. Y'all are such an inspiration to me. I wish I could say the same for myself.

Gail
Old 03-07-2002, 12:13 PM   #12  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default I told you I would return..

Maggie, congrats on another loss this week! We need rain terribly in my area--we are on a drought warning. I remember when you said y'all were going to buy a DVD player...so you did! Good! Aren't DVDs so much clearer? And all the extra things that come with the movie now!

Jean, I don't mind the contemporary services; however, I don't think I would like it with a lot of talking and distraction. I don't think I could go that far. I'm really more of a traditional type of gal myself. With too much talking and coming and going how can anyone get anything out of the sermon? At least your church has both kinds of services. And you lost another pound? Great! Congratulations!

Sharon, I'm sorry about what your daughter is going through at work...but you know that as I emailed you. I'm really proud of you for getting back to the program so quickly. You're doing wonderful!

Gloria, this has surely been a strange winter for us too. Way too warm! With us not getting any snow has really done some damage to our water levels. I hope its not going to be a dry spring. We NEED rain.

Well, really not a whole lot has been going on with me. Just a lot of work. I go home and I'm so tired at night. All I do is want to veg out. But the week is almost over with...

Gail
Old 03-07-2002, 12:37 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Default Day# 59

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

The rain has stopped and the sun is out but hopwfully this will let the water soak in good and then the rain will come back. Gotta to to town in a bit to buy an electrical box. Someone tore the one off one of the bathrooms and it has to be fixed pronto. It boggles my mind why folks do stuff like that. My program is clicking right along...going down the road to thin. I really notice it in my watch, it used to fit snug and now it is a bracelet.

GAIL {{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}} that mean ole stress can sure wear a gal down. The weekend his almost here where you can just kick back and do nothing that you don't want to do. Just do your thing and enjoy the quiet time. And don't forget to BREATHE. Make yourself a nice cup of blackberry tea and sit back and just breathe. We really like the DVD player - lots of movies we haven't seen out there.

Have a good day all you FLOWERS
Old 03-07-2002, 01:00 PM   #14  
On my way to thin!

Hello everyone...

I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I will try to make this a regular thing to get make my motivation back on track. Thanks to Maggie I'm hanging in there.

I used to be know as Canadian but please call me Brenda!

Have a great day all

Brenda
Old 03-07-2002, 03:43 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Smile Day #59

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

BRENDA how very nice to see you here again. Thank you for the nice compliment but you must know that you have been such an encouragement to me that I am indebted to you. I look at what you have lost so far and I wanna be there. I will get there I know and it is hard work but we all need to keep our FOCUS and everything else falls into place. We can do this walk easier if we all stick together going down this road to thin. Have a great afternoon my friend.
Closed Thread