Old 05-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164 164 124

Height: 5'4"

Red face 45 and starting the "3-hour diet"

Hi I'm Lizzy,
I had a Hysterectomy when I was 30 and weight loss since then has been a *****! I was always small but now I'm a lovely 40 pounds over weight. I was going to try the "3-hour diet" it has done a great job for my neice who just had a baby. Anyone ever tried it? or had a complete Hysterectomy like me?
Lizzy Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I have to ask what's the 3 hour diet?

Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/189/150

Height: 5'5"

Sorry, no, I just noticed the book at the store today, it's a low-carb thing where you eat every 3 hours, right?

I just wanted to let you know that I am starting the Idiot Proof Diet tomorrow, so I feel your trepidation. I have 40+ pounds to lose too. Keep us posted and best of luck!!
Nomi
nomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:00 AM   #4  

Talking 3 hour Diet

The 3 hour diet is not a low carb diet. I can't do low carb and I don't lose weight on low carb.I was just on a no carb for 3 weeks and lost 2 pounds!
Anyway , you eat a 400 cal breakfast , 3 hours later a 100 cal snack, 3 hours later a 400 cal lunch, 3 hours a 100 cal snack, 3 hour a 400 cal dinner and finally a 100 snack before bed. My neice has dropped 15 pounds in less then 2 weeks with limited exercise.

The book , you can get from the library has a cookbook too! so there are 2 books if you wish. So basically it is just counting calories also in the cookbook it has a section for "carb lovers" "meat lovers" ,"vegetarians" even fast food!

It works I'm telling you , I will be starting it on Monday!
Old 05-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #5  

That diet sounds great, I'll try it next if this one doesn't work for me. This one is virtually no carb on some days, and today is one of those days...i'm feeling pretty shakey, wonder if it's carb withdrawl!
I haven't tried a proper diet in a few years, the last one was the GE diet, which was too limited for my tastes.
Good luck to both of us!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #6  

Wink Amen Sister!

Nomi,
I felt terrible on the no carb thingy, ughhhh........Not to mention grumpy! The 3 weeks I was on it I never felt worse, but alot of people have a tremendous results. Good luck to us!

Lizzy
Old 05-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #7  

Hi Lizzie,
Well i lasted 5 days on the Idiot Proof Diet, which is low carb, and i feel terrible! Shakey, nauseous, exhausted and constipated...good times. So, I went and got the 3-Hour Diet from the library and will probably start tomorrow--I'm glad you told me about it! How is it going for you? Well I hope!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #8  

Talking 3 hour Diet

Hey Nomi!
I have done great for my first day. I'll tell you my menu today,I never realized just how much I pick later in the day before dinner....no wonder I'm fat! anyway this was my day....

7:30am /Cereal w/ lowfat milk and banana,coffee

10:30am/ snack 2 large rice cakes

1:30 pm/Lunch sub roll tuna,mayo, tomato and green pepper

4:30 pm /snack/ apple

7:30 pm/ dinner/chiken breast , broccoli, rice, tomatoe with balsamic

10:30pm/ snack/ I don't think I want it but 100 pudding from grocery

I'm not starved at all ,I just know I'm watching my intake so I have been thinking about it. My neice has lost 18 pounds , it's all about the timing totally! you have to eat regularly, no picking. I know it will work.

Please keep in contact with me and we'll help eachother out.

Liz
Hey what part of Canada are you in? I love it there.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:37 AM   #9  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Gourmet View Post
The 3 hour diet is not a low carb diet. I can't do low carb and I don't lose weight on low carb.I was just on a no carb for 3 weeks and lost 2 pounds!
Anyway , you eat a 400 cal breakfast , 3 hours later a 100 cal snack, 3 hours later a 400 cal lunch, 3 hours a 100 cal snack, 3 hour a 400 cal dinner and finally a 100 snack before bed. My neice has dropped 15 pounds in less then 2 weeks with limited exercise.

The book , you can get from the library has a cookbook too! so there are 2 books if you wish. So basically it is just counting calories also in the cookbook it has a section for "carb lovers" "meat lovers" ,"vegetarians" even fast food!

It works I'm telling you , I will be starting it on Monday!
Hilarious! I just started my own diet a couple of days ago, and am doing the exact same thing! Dammit, and I am not even getting credit for my discovery.

Good luck with it, we should compare notes and progress!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:43 AM   #10  
Going down, my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomi View Post
Hi Lizzie,
Well i lasted 5 days on the Idiot Proof Diet, which is low carb, and i feel terrible! Shakey, nauseous, exhausted and constipated...good times. So, I went and got the 3-Hour Diet from the library and will probably start tomorrow--I'm glad you told me about it! How is it going for you? Well I hope!
I tried doing Atkins three times, with the same results as you. The first time, I thought maybe it was just bad meat or something.

I tried it again a couple of months later, as my friend lost over 100 pounds in four months on it. Same exact thing started happening, but we had the stomach flu going around work, so I thought that might be it. I might add, I gained four pounds in that week, and around the third day, was when I started to feel nautious anytime I looked at anything with protein, and like an arse, I continued doing it til the sixth day, which was when I did get stomch sick.

Third time, I tried adjusting it a bit by having salads a couple of times a day instead of one, and I lasted three days- same thing- feeling miserable, looking at anything with protein made my stomach turn, constipation and feeling just sick- so I just couldn't do low carb. Gained another pound in the three days I was on it. Never again.

Good luck with this diet- looks like the three of us are on it now.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #11  

Talking Fat no more!

Well I agree totally with you about the feeling ill on the low carb. My Doctor kept telling me that he had never heard of anyone getting nausous on the low carb diet. Well I'm glad to hear I'm not crazy!

I have been following this new diet and just started to exercise I've only lost 2 pounds but I'm going to stick with it. I have to shed this weight some how, I hate Summer when I have to wear less clothes.

Please stay in touch so we can help eachother out.....

Onward!!!!!!!!
Liz
Old 06-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #12  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

The "3 Hour Diet" sounds a lot like the basic "eating 6 small meals per day". It totals 1500 calories per day. Done healthily, I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Except for some people, who have less weight to lose, might have to drop to 1400, 1300, or even 1200 calories per day.

And eating 6 times a day is often not doable for folks who are extremely busy.

But my motto is "TRY IT!" - you never know what will work until you try it. So keep up with posting here! Let us know how you're doing! And good luck!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #13  

Hi Lizzie and others!
I've been too busy to check the boards, my apologies. My two little girls keep me too busy. I AM doing the diet, however, as well as i can. It involves a lot of planning, and that's where I get tripped up...again, the kids. But i'm trying. I've lost 6 lbs. in 3 weeks on the various diets i've been on, so that's sumthin.
The 3-hour system is totally do-able and most importantly I can see eating this way to maintain the buff new bod I will soon have...oh, i'm getting ahead of myself...one day at a time, right?!
How is it going for you other 3-hour-ers?
And Lizzie, you asked where I was from, I live in Toronto--in your neck of the woods!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:19 PM   #14  
Going down, my way!

3 lbs in three days so far.

I should also add, I am following the Wendie Plan in terms of how many calories per day I can eat. So far, it's working not just for me, but my entire family. My youngest daughter lost six pounds this week, and she was away at an overnight camp for two nights/three days with her school and ate well, I might add! She had to lose a total of 23 pounds- she lost one pound last week, six this week, and has 16 pounds to go. I am so proud of her for sticking to this and eating well.

You'll never believe what I did, though, to help both her and I, who are carb addicts. I bought a lock for my pantry area, and only my husband and I have the keys to it. The kids pick out what they wish for their meals at each meal, then I lock it all up so we don't over indulge. Hubby lost five pounds this week as well, he said he was tired of looking for his keys to get a snack and just grabbed the carrot sticks in the frig- he praised me for doing this, saying that it's made him conscious of what he's eating at night as well.

My older two children have said that locking up the food has been a huge help to them as well. My oldest daughter has lost 6 pounds in two weeks time, and she has to lose another 15 pounds to get to her goal weight. (she's fifteen and a half). My son, who is 13 and 1/2, has also lost 6 pounds in two weeks time. As a family, we've lost a total of 30 pounds- woohoo!

Also, I bought notebooks and pens for each of us, and we use it as a food journal. We keep track of every calorie we eat, and the kids were amazed at how much they use to eat versus now. Funny thing, they are all very active, in sports from late August until mid June- imagine how much more weight they'd have to lose, if they didn't play sports? In the summer, we do lots of swimming, hiking, biking and walking, so I expect my weight loss to pick up in a couple of weeks, from picking up more activity.

Oh, and because we eat meals like Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine, Chef Boyardee mini microwave meals and lots of veggies and salads, I find I am not cooking at all, LOL. I love to cook, but that's what got us into trouble in the first place, heh heh. So, for now, this is working for all of us, and I do plan on using the grill soon for our meats and veggies, but for now, we are using calorie controlled frozen dinners.

I do plan to cook on Sundays, which is our biggest amount of calories we can have for the week on the Wendie plan, and it will be something we all enjoy and can splurge just a little on that day. This weekend, the kids decided they wanted pizza from the sub shop the next town over. Last weekend, we were at my sisters and had a BBQ, so we had steak tips and Spinach Tortillini salad. The weekend before, my daughter had a Home Ec project she had to do- she had to cook a meal for the whole family, with an main course, appetizer, bread, and dessert. She made my Asparagus Lasagna, popovers, caesar salad, and my Mom's recipe for Apple Crisp.

Needless to say, we all enjoyed the meal she made very much, and everything was delicious. We all ate lettuce, celery and spinach during the day with no salad dressing. I told the kids I was going to do that, so I could enjoy the meal guilt free, and they and hubby followed suit, LMAO. I told them they didn't have to, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't over do the calories, as I really want to lose the weight. I was shocked they all did this with me, but I couldn't be more proud of the support from all of them as well as hubby, who only needs to lose maybe another 15 pounds.

As you can tell by my signature, I have a lot to lose. Although my kids are overweight as well, they could have just cut back as well as hubby, and still enjoyed the things I use to cook before. I told them I was going to cook for them, but follow my own diet and would not eat the same as them. They all decided to join me instead, and told me what dinners to pick out for them, snacks, etc.

In my pantry, I have the 8 variety packs of small boxes of cereal, mini bagels, weight loss oatmeal, 100 calorie packs of cracker, chips, cookies, Smart Food popcorn, as well as the Chef Boyardee mini microwave meals and Campbell's On The Go Soups, to which are from 80- 120 calories each, and fun sized Snickers bars, Milky Ways, and Musketeers- around 70-80 calories each.

They are allowed two 100 calorie snack packs a day or one 100 calories snack pack and a fun size candy bar, as I don't want to deprive them, but I also want them to eat half way decent on this diet. We also have frozen pizzas, bagel bites (they love pizza- I'm lucky to eat it once a week, LOL) and the frozen meals I mentioned before. We've been using Z Trim in our veggie dips, salad dressings, mayonaise, cream cheese, and margarine spreads- that helps cut down the calories and fat in half, with no difference in the taste. My kids have been eating lots of veggies and salads lately, as they enjoy the dips and dressings they can have on them. They've always been healthy eaters, thank goodness, but they love their snacks, too, LOL. Plus, we ate way too much of the healthy stuff along with the junk. Portion control sized goodies and meals have been a humongous help to us keeping within our calorie range!

Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book here, just wanted to let everyone know what's been working for us. Good luck to all, and let's keep supporting one another! I appreciate all the support I've gotten here, and I learn something new everyday just logging on to this board.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #15  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Steelslady to you and your family on your weight loss. It's so much harder for children to lose given all the temptation out there and the "healthy" lunch choices they have at school.

Sounds like you have it all under control with your journaling and the exercise.

Continued success.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote